+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will we be able to go another City game in 2020?

Re: Will we be able to go another City game in 2020?

And when football does resume, whenever that is, how many clubs will still be around? The Football League will have casualties, and below that at National League level and below it must be pretty dangerous for this at the moment. I know Newport County have furloughed everybody but what about the Championship Clubs, and Premier League teams whose players are refusing a pay cut?

The'll be no Sky Sports Subscriptions, less money going to the clubs, no match day income, loss of sponsorship etc. Nobody will be paying fees for players when a new season eventually starts and all those out of contract will be jobless at the end of June with no hope of finding a new club. Wages will drop I expect too. clubs will be desperate to unload all their players etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    We could be behind other countries in the vaccine queue too. It is a global pandemic, not sure why the UK would find it easier to acquire a vaccine than Ghana, the US, China or India.
    Having some of the best universities in the world helps tbf

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    And when football does resume, whenever that is, how many clubs will still be around? The Football League will have casualties, and below that at National League level and below it must be pretty dangerous for this at the moment. I know Newport County have furloughed everybody but what about the Championship Clubs, and Premier League teams whose players are refusing a pay cut?

The'll be no Sky Sports Subscriptions, less money going to the clubs, no match day income, loss of sponsorship etc. Nobody will be paying fees for players when a new season eventually starts and all those out of contract will be jobless at the end of June with no hope of finding a new club. Wages will drop I expect too. clubs will be desperate to unload all their players etc.
    Will the wealthiest prosper once again though? Cherry picking players for peanuts from the less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If ever there was evidence needed that TV money runs football, we've now got it ; whatever scenario, the game must go ahead.
    Uh, is anyone else going to tell him or shall I?