+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your user name on this forum?

Re: Your user name on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    During my years on this message board I've had somebody register a username that I'd been using and post messages from it pretending to be me (the Raven), register a very similar username and use the same avatar in an attempt to make people think it was really me (The Lone Gunman.), set up a fake Facebook account under my real name and send abusive messages from there to people I know (and some I don't), set up a fake blog in my name and write letters to the local press in my name.

There are some very strange people about.
    That's pretty bloody creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    As a nod to Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell you could have called yourself the Marxist Brothers.
    Skid Marx maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I was in the Canton stand (row P seat 27). Dead centre of the stand right behind the middle of the goal. Graham Keenor secretary of the club at the time told my Dad they were the best seats in the stand.

I can still see tha blasted ball trickling over the line!

As regards my user name just watch "The Blues Brothers"
    I was only 3 at the time but the number of times my Dad told me this story :-(

It must have been heartbreaking to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    That's pretty bloody creepy.
    It is.

But what did TLG/The Raven SAY/DO to illicit such a response, even if the other person is clearly unhinged??!! 😱

I first became aware of this board in 2008. I had got back to Canton on the Saturday evening after the FA cup final. Got talking to a fellow City fan in the Butchers, who told me about it. I cant remember what his user name was. He was over from Ireland.
    I looked it up the following week, and started reading the threads on here regularly.
    I was tempted a few times to register and put my 2 penneth worth in, especially around the time of the rebrand. I finally succumbed about
    4 yrs ago.
    I chose my name, as i grew up in Ely where Treseders had a branch ( excuse the pun) and moved to Canton where they also had a shop.
    My 1st flat in Canton was actually on the site of the old Wm Treseders (West Lee).
    I also lost my virginity to a girl who worked for them when i was 15, so William Treseder it had to be !!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Which street? I lived up the Gurnos as a kid
    Sycamore Road. Left there when I got hitched in 1976 and moved to Dowlais. My family continued to to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    No doubt .

I had taken the mickey out of some young lads post when we disagreed on a matter .

My partner at the time had gone into business opening a dog grooming salon that Craig Bellamy had very kindly agreed to cut the ribbon on her first day, I had advertised the fact on here .

He threatened to petrol bomb the dog salon. I asked Mike if he could help find him . There is a limit and he crossed it.

My name is James, being from Scotland the Cardiffians have historically called me Jimmy The Jock .
    I used to drink in the Clive many moons ago and their was a Jock who used to come in sometimes called Jimmy Divers.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I first became aware of this board in 2008. I had got back to Canton on the Saturday evening after the FA cup final. Got talking to a fellow City fan in the Butchers, who told me about it. I cant remember what his user name was. He was over from Ireland.
    I looked it up the following week, and started reading the threads on here regularly.
    I was tempted a few times to register and put my 2 penneth worth in, especially around the time of the rebrand. I finally succumbed about
    4 yrs ago.
    I chose my name, as i grew up in Ely where Treseders had a branch ( excuse the pun) and moved to Canton where they also had a shop.
    My 1st flat in Canton was actually on the site of the old Wm Treseders (West Lee).
    I also lost my virginity to a girl who worked for them when i was 15, so William Treseder it had to be !!

I wondered if it was because you liked “flower arranging”

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I was only 3 at the time but the number of times my Dad told me this story :-(

It must have been heartbreaking to watch.
    I was 14

It was.

International

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    While we're on the Merthyr theme, I had some of my best nights out over there. Charbonnias nightclub being one of my favourites. I remember there was a faggots and peas van just down the road where Lloyds bank is. Many a time after kicking out, I'd absolutely ruin my shirt with green and brown stains that Cillit Bang couldn't even budge. Last time I looked there was a tree growing through the middle of it.
    Coolers was also tidy. We used to start off in a pub just up the road from there by the roundabout. Last time I looked it was a funeral home? Also the Brandy Bridge. That could get a little spicy to say the least
    Would that bbe the faggots and peas van or your shirt?

It would bbe the nightclub

International

It would bbe the nightclub

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    During my years on this message board I've had somebody register a username that I'd been using and post messages from it pretending to be me (the Raven), register a very similar username and use the same avatar in an attempt to make people think it was really me (The Lone Gunman.), set up a fake Facebook account under my real name and send abusive messages from there to people I know (and some I don't), set up a fake blog in my name and write letters to the local press in my name.

There are some very strange people about.
    I remember the episode with the pineman, when he tried to get you sacked. He was a strange one. Was he not a Hammers man?
    Do you know jf he still goes to City games?

First Team

I remember the episode with the pineman, when he tried to get you sacked. He was a strange one. Was he not a Hammers man?
    I seem to recall that he died a while back.
    Hopefully, I am wrong but as soon as you mentioned him that came to mind.

He is on the ***** board occasionally.

Yes a Hammers fan though he did seem to support us for a time.

I believe he now lives in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I seem to recall that he died a while back.
    Hopefully, I am wrong but as soon as you mentioned him that came to mind.
    He was on the ***** board fairly recently I think.

First Team

Glad that he is alive and kicking then. Makes me wonder who on earth I have him confused with then.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Glad that he is alive and kicking then. Makes me wonder who on earth I have him confused with then.
    There was a rumour hed snuffed it. In typical **** fashion Nukes couldn’t wait to be first to break the news but end up making himself look a bigger dope than he usually looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    Sycamore Road. Left there when I got hitched in 1976 and moved to Dowlais. My family continued to to live there.
    Not far from my Nans in Walnut Way

When did this site start? I remember reading for a few years before I joined in 09. I seem to remember the site being quite different back then. My first post was an introductory post - ie ''Hi lads long time lurker, so I thought I'd join in etc.'' I had quite a few ''welcome to the site'' replies back then. Not sure the introductory post would be so warmly welcomed these days
    1997 as a basic guestbook. then changed into a board late 90's

My name is not Bob. Its actually Ian.
    I first registered my name on the original old old board after watching Terminator 2 that same night after watching John Connor call Arnie His Uncle Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It is.

But what did TLG/The Raven SAY/DO to illicit such a response, even if the other person is clearly unhinged??!! 😱
    Weird response

Strangely enough I was going to post another thread on here last night - ''Who was your teenage crush?''
    Mine was Susanna Hoff. Now I've found out she's posted on here my crush has been rekindled
    Susanna Hoff was doing some voice over work for him and she was going to his office. It was talked about on the email list rather than on here.

She signed some pictures for us and sent them over. He's one for Dave Owens, mine is in a frame in the garage somewhere.

Hoffs (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Weird response
    Not in the slightest.

What could someone possibly say on a message board that is so incendiary to elicit a response as mental as the the weirdo? 🤷*♂️

Yours is a weird response 🤫

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Susanna Hoff was doing some voice over work for him and she was going to his office. It was talked about on the email list rather than on here.

She signed some pictures for us and sent them over. He's one for Dave Owens, mine is in a frame in the garage somewhere.

Hoffs (1).jpg

Nice!

And probably one of the people who I would least expect to ever associate with Cardiff City