+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your user name on this forum?

Your user name on this forum?

How did you come up with it?
    As for mine, I'm sure you Cardiffians think anyone north of Thornhill lives in a cave

Re: Your user name on this forum?

I started posting in the mid 90s, when we had players like philiskirk and jimmy gardner. This place was active then, but my god could it be depressing. My username reflected what i hoped was my outlook ie we were a half decent side that could only progress. And my name really is Nick.

Ive never thought to change my username, in particular as I am unable to post most of the time (dont know why but the site greys out the response box) so I don't really contribute any more. Disinterested Nick is probably closer to the truth now.

Something that sounds a bit like blue.

Tuerto means 'one eyed' in spanish. It was a wink (pun intended) towards some of our more evangelical supporters.

Lives in Heef

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I started posting in the mid 90s, when we had players like philiskirk and jimmy gardner. This place was active then, but my god could it be depressing. My username reflected what i hoped was my outlook ie we were a half decent side that could only progress. And my name really is Nick.

Ive never thought to change my username, in particular as I am unable to post most of the time (dont know why but the site greys out the response box) so I don't really contribute any more. Disinterested Nick is probably closer to the truth now.

When did this site start? I remember reading for a few years before I joined in 09. I seem to remember the site being quite different back then. My first post was an introductory post - ie ''Hi lads long time lurker, so I thought I'd join in etc.'' I had quite a few ''welcome to the site'' replies back then. Not sure the introductory post would be so warmly welcomed these days

Tried Internet Explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

When did this site start? I remember reading for a few years before I joined in 09. I seem to remember the site being quite different back then. My first post was an introductory post - ie ''Hi lads long time lurker, so I thought I'd join in etc.'' I had quite a few ''welcome to the site'' replies back then. Not sure the introductory post would be so warmly welcomed these days
    You're joking, this place is like a meditation retreat compared to days gone by. I got told to go **** myself by someone for complementing their post,years ago.

Someone else can give you a proper answer, but I got the internet in about 1996 and it was here then. The actual site was more prominent, and there was a guestbook rather than a messageboard to begin with. I think Mike used to post videos of the goals on the main site (to download- this was before broadband).

It was bloody great in the early noughties.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Tried Internet Explorer?
    I use a chromebook most of the time, so no. But thanks anyway. And I get the godawful dsg accept thing whenever i click anything if im using my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're joking, this place is like a meditation retreat compared to days gone by. I got told to go **** myself by someone for complementing their post,years ago.

Was Beddau mentioned in said post

The song by alice in chains , my username , a fantastic , grinding , downtuned riff

Someone else can give you a proper answer, but I got the internet in about 1996 and it was here then. The actual site was more prominent, and there was a guestbook rather than a messageboard to begin with. I think Mike used to post videos of the goals on the main site (to download- this was before broadband).

It was bloody great in the early noughties.
    I joined in 2006, this place was absolutely nuts back then.

Was Beddau mentioned in said post
    Nah, standard stuff back then. Friday nights were always good, loads of people pissed up and arguing, like a family get together.

Nah, standard stuff back then. Friday nights were always good, loads of people pissed up and arguing, like a family get together.
    Any trolls back then?

Any trolls back then?
    More trolls than normal posters i think. When i first started posting you didn't have to register, so you could constantly change your username. Some people would have arguments with themselves under different guises.

a certain pop star who no one is allowed to be mention today PERCEIVED has a racist bigot etc

hang the feckin DJ.......ETC

International

More trolls than normal posters i think. When i first started posting you didn't have to register, so you could constantly change your username. Some people would have arguments with themselves under different guises.

I can do that without even switching my computer on, but we normally agree with each other in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    a certain pop star who no one is allowed to be mention today PERCEIVED has a racist bigot etc

hang the feckin DJ.......ETC
    Am I right in thinking your original avatar involved a classic Mini?

:tbg:

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    :tbg:
    How come you ended up in Taunton? Assuming you were a Taff originally.

Am I right in thinking your original avatar involved a classic Mini?
    aye that pic was taken back in barry island 1983 caveman

my pic now sees me with Andy Rourke former smiths bass player at the salford lads club back in 2004 ahead of morrisseys concert at the MEN arena . great times must be said

Kinda says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Kinda says it all really.
    How come you ended up in sunny Berkshire?

Mine is a recognition of a City goalkeeper who was frozen out by Jimmy Scoular for one mistake in a Semi Final when the truth was we would never got to that stage without him. If you ask people of a certain age about a goalkeeper called Bob Wilson, it's probably only Cardiff and Exeter fans who would remember the player who played so well in our Cup Winners Cup run in 67/68.