+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your user name on this forum?

Re: Your user name on this forum?

I can’t remember, 20 years in the making so not changing it now! Was quite a wild board around the millennium time and when Sam hammam was taking over, the chat room was good too.....

My favourite Trex live song

Spent a lot of time as a kid and then young adulthood playing football over Splott Park so a player named Scott Parker emerging at the start of the century helped with the play on words.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    How come you ended up in sunny Berkshire?
    left C4rdf in 1972 and then lived in Brizzle (Uni), High Wycombe, Germany and here since ‘88.

My own rather now dated, unfunny and immediate response to Sam the Looper saying City would be bigger than Barcelona.

It’s pretty shit name & reason as it goes.

My ID is my own first name diminutive and the first letter of my surname.
    Don't know how I came up with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I started posting in the mid 90s, when we had players like philiskirk and jimmy gardner. This place was active then, but my god could it be depressing. My username reflected what i hoped was my outlook ie we were a half decent side that could only progress. And my name really is Nick.

Ive never thought to change my username, in particular as I am unable to post most of the time (dont know why but the site greys out the response box) so I don't really contribute any more. Disinterested Nick is probably closer to the truth now.
    There was a character in the brilliant Bluebird Jones fanzine (this fanzine sold nationwide) called "Optimistic Nick".

My name is Malcolm and I live in Kent Green in Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My ID is my own first name diminutive and the first letter of my surname.
    Don't know how I came up with it.
    Bob Hatton

I just Googled Bob Hatton and there's a photo of how he looks now. I would never have guessed who it was if someone had shown me the recent photo. (I've no idea how to put photos on here)
    According to Wiki he only played 30 games for us, scoring 9 goals, 1982-83. Thought he was here longer than that

First Team

How did you come up with it?
    As for mine, I'm sure you Cardiffians think anyone north of Thornhill lives in a cave
    The major bit comes from Llantwit Major, where I lived and the blue bit was very much pre shirtgate so just relates to the Bluebirds.
    Much like my posts ,not a huge amount of original thought.

Used to run coaches from the Caerphilly area to away games in the late 70s using the firm Cyril Evans.

Mine is the name of an unremarkable Cardiff City defender from the hard times of the 1930s. I remember my father mentioning him. His Dickensian name has always stuck in my mind.

How come you ended up in Taunton? Assuming you were a Taff originally.
    My job. After not knowing what this Cardiffian wanted to do in life and working abroad for a spot of fun I remembered the sage words of my careers master about 5 years earlier - and Taunton or Southampton were the two locations that could offer me what I was looking for.
    My brother was already living in Somerset so Taunton was where I chose to aim for. Took a few years to get the job but got there in the end.
    I've lived in a few places but I love it here. Great walks, the coast isn't that far away, lovely environment all round, nobody obsesses about status (unlike London and South East where I was posted for 6 years) and there are excellent transport connections to Exeter, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and London - and I can cycle to work in twenty minutes should I so choose (and I took semi-retirement three years ago and only work half the week).
    I attend City's home games but I would prefer to live here than Cardiff. Quite content really.
    Some of the anti-English stuff on here amuses me as there are many parts of England that are not that well-blessed economically and which have more in common with Wales than London and the South East.

Mine is simply the name of the album that was playing on my turntable when I first registered back in the late 90s (the decade, not my age).

Didn't the bloke who invented Superted post on here back in the 90s and got his mate Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles to post on here one night? Bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My job. After not knowing what this Cardiffian wanted to do in life and working abroad for a spot of fun I remembered the sage words of my careers master about 5 years earlier - and Taunton or Southampton were the two locations that could offer me what I was looking for.
    My brother was already living in Somerset so Taunton was where I chose to aim for. Took a few years to get the job but got there in the end.
    I've lived in a few places but I love it here. Great walks, the coast isn't that far away, lovely environment all round, nobody obsesses about status (unlike London and South East where I was posted for 6 years) and there are excellent transport connections to Exeter, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and London - and I can cycle to work in twenty minutes should I so choose (and I took semi-retirement three years ago and only work half the week).
    I attend City's home games but I would prefer to live here than Cardiff. Quite content really.
    Some of the anti-English stuff on here amuses me as there are many parts of England that are not that well-blessed economically and which have more in common with Wales than London and the South East.
    I've visited the area a few times in recent years when researching my family history. There are some lovely villages between Taunton and Illminster. Might have considered moving there myself had I not already done an 8 year stint overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    Didn't the bloke who invented Superted post on here back in the 90s and got his mate Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles to post on here one night? Bonkers
    Strangely enough I was going to post another thread on here last night - ''Who was your teenage crush?''
    Mine was Susanna Hoff. Now I've found out she's posted on here my crush has been rekindled

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    I've visited the area a few times in recent years when researching my family history. There are some lovely villages between Taunton and Illminster. Might have considered moving there myself had I not already done an 8 year stint overseas.
    We want to keep out the riff-raff from South Wales, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    Mike Young although living in the US now, is certainly a keen City fan - sure to turn up at City games when over here.
    He's the great uncle of one of my grand-daughters btw - although I'm not known for name-dropping, of course

mine was from my days on mIRC ( old files haring) and ITK ( the old lads site , anyone remember that place, i know we had a few on here who used it ) somewhat moved with me on various sites

Bowie's song about Andy Warhol became Dandy Warhol.Who happen to be a band.

Gofer because I am a genial old fool enjoying retirement (other f words are available). Blue for obvious reasons (a regular supporter since 1971).

I have no idea when I started on here as my first user name was Doveridge Bluebird and that was registered with an old email address. I know I switched it to Toronto in 2011 on a new email after moving to Canada.

Don’t know when I changed it but I’m assuming very soon after seeing Straight Outta Compton. StraightOuttaCanton came to me in a fleeting moment of inspiration as I was registering for a new season of Fantasy Football. Previous 2 names in here had been where I was living... this one (probably obviously) is where I was born... means much more to me and I won’t change it again

I was watching the Blacklist at the time I registered. Although James Spader is fantastic in it "Raymond Redington" didn't jump off the page.

And I wanted to come off as scary.

So I went with Dembe and added warrior for a bit of a violent edge.