+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scrapes at away games..

Scrapes at away games..

Firstly, this thread isn't aimed towards glorifying thuggery or bad behaviour. I'm sure that many of us who travelled away on a regular basis ended up in situations that could've or did end up going to wrong way, even if we weren't looking for trouble, such was the reputation of our fans for many years. Some may be funny, like Sludge in Mothercare (any excuse) some may not be so humourous and may have terrified you. Here's mine;

Remember the FA cup game against QPR at Loftus Rd, think it was 1990. I was on the coach that stopped off at Chievley services and some of our fans started to smash the place up for no apparent reason. Being 18 and thinking that i was a tough guy i decided to karate kick a bin outside the services front entrance, it was one of those bins with a small 8" by 4" opening on the side of the bin towards the top ( that's 200mm by 100mm approx for our younger viewers) my foot went straight through the opening and i couldn't get it out as hard as i tried. The police were in hysterics and were calling me all sorts, really rubbing it in (deservedly) they just left me there as people walked past and laughed. I eventually got my foot out, covered in ketchup. I had the piss taken out of me for the entire journey. Needless to say, i didn't kick anymore bins after that!

Re: Scrapes at away games..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Firstly, this thread isn't aimed towards glorifying thuggery or bad behaviour. I'm sure that many of us who travelled away on a regular basis ended up in situations that could've or did end up going to wrong way, even if we weren't looking for trouble, such was the reputation of our fans for many years. Some may be funny, like Sludge in Mothercare (any excuse) some may not be so humourous and may have terrified you. Here's mine;

Remember the FA cup game against QPR at Loftus Rd, think it was 1990. I was on the coach that stopped off at Chievley services and some of our fans started to smash the place up for no apparent reason. Being 18 and thinking that i was a tough guy i decided to karate kick a bin outside the services front entrance, it was one of those bins with a small 8" by 4" opening on the side of the bin towards the top ( that's 200mm by 100mm approx for our younger viewers) my foot went straight through the opening and i couldn't get it out as hard as i tried. The police were in hysterics and were calling me all sorts, really rubbing it in (deservedly) they just left me there as people walked past and laughed. I eventually got my foot out, covered in ketchup. I had the piss taken out of me for the entire journey. Needless to say, i didn't kick anymore bins after that!
    Could have been worse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7x8wd36uJg

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It was quite similar to that.

It was quite similar to that.
    Was it bin there done that.

Late 2009 QPR away... no fisticuffs at all.

It was a train job via Paddington and back.

The agg occurred in the evening at Cardiff Central, first on the platform then on the train home.

There had been a Wales rugby international earlier that day, dirty egg fans were everywhere.

Someone started a chant about where oval balls should be placed. Eggers countered with Hymns and Arias, I think, which was met with derision and some shite re a player (maybe Gareth Edwards) being a homosexual. It was just a laugh till some big fecker emerged in red offering to take anyone on. He was promptly kicked in the nuts and crumpled to the floor. As luck would have it, the train was coming to a standstill as he lay there gasping for air.

Everyone piled on as both carriages filled up. In the one we were on there was perhaps 20 of us at one end versus the rest who possibly numbered 60 or more. Their chopsy ones were at the opposite end. One of ours lobbed an unopened can of grog at the foes. It travelled just 10 feet to ricochet off of the ceiling to hit some innocent sat in his seat on his head. One of theirs, who must have watched too many Rocky films, swaggered up the aisle all nonchalant like but was headbutted by someone before he could reach us who was stood in the aisle who nobody knew.

Then both sides converged to that spot with our mystery hero leading the fight as in the melee everyone else tried to land blows. The journey only lasted 10 minutes but proved knackering.

Sludge spent the entire time in the bog with the door securely locked.

Happens in the places you least expect it. Northampton away 97 in the play off semis was rather eventful before during and after.

I was at those services too when all that kicked off

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I was at those services too when all that kicked off
    Did you see me? I was the one.........

Lincoln away, I’ve been married 37 years and it was before I was married, it was a period I was watching Leicester more than Cardiff as er indoors from up that way and I was going to Hinckley most weekends, Lincoln not that far from Hinckley so thought it would be a good idea to catch up with the City, telling er indoors all about the reputation of our lads on the way up in the car, we had seats in the stand and had a good view of it all, whistle goes at the end, right on cue City fans over the wall or fence whatever it was, steams straight up to them in their end, I’m smirking telling her “I told you so, then in an instant Lincoln came out of their end and legged City back across the pitch, to be fair she didn’t take the piss , around the same period I went to watch Leicester V Lincoln at Filbert street, fair play again, Lincoln went in Leicester’s end and took it to them, game as F they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Lincoln away, I’ve been married 37 years and it was before I was married, it was a period I was watching Leicester more than Cardiff as er indoors from up that way and I was going to Hinckley most weekends, Lincoln not that far from Hinckley so thought it would be a good idea to catch up with the City, telling er indoors all about the reputation of our lads on the way up in the car, we had seats in the stand and had a good view of it all, whistle goes at the end, right on cue City fans over the wall or fence whatever it was, steams straight up to them in their end, I’m smirking telling her “I told you so, then in an instant Lincoln came out of their end and legged City back across the pitch, to be fair she didn’t take the piss , around the same period I went to watch Leicester V Lincoln at Filbert street, fair play again, Lincoln went in Leicester’s end and took it to them, game as F they were.
    Weird place Lincoln, only small and quite rural. Those are the type of places where everyone knows eachover and getting a small mob of nutters together isn't much of a problem. Newport used to be the same, probably still is.

Weird place Lincoln, only small and quite rural. Those are the type of places where everyone knows eachover and getting a small mob of nutters together isn't much of a problem. Newport used to be the same, probably still is.
    She lived in a village called Sharnford just out side Hinckley, and is on the old A46 between Leicester and Coventry its basically the same distance either way to Leicester and Coventry about 13 miles, the boozer we used in Sharnford was often a mix between them, got tasty in there a few times, good mates most of the time having a dust up when a few of the undesirables turned up and once finished, back to being mates again er indoors twin brother is a die hard Leicester Fan, the other brother brother in Law is Coventry, TBF most of the family up there is Leicester, the Leicester mob came down here a few years ago now for a Cardiff V Leicester game and one of the posters on here, very kindly gave me access to one of the hospitality boxes for the game, just before they got into Cardiff the game was called off with frost i think it was.

Did you see me? I was the one.........
    You looked so scary and deranged I never went to an away again.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You looked so scary and deranged I never went to an away again.....
    ****ing ketchup on my brand new Gazelles as well.

Back in 1971, we played the wurzels at home at about 6:30 on a Saturday. I think there was an egg match and also the Grand National that day.
    I lived in Risca at the time; Jones busses did a special for 3pm Sats, but not evenings. Got through the game, I think we won 1-0. Busses back up the valleys from Cardiff weren't too often, so I decided to get a train to Newport and get a bus from there.
    Jumped on the first train, it was a sea of red wurzels! Had a bit of banter, didn't push it, got off at Newport unscathed.
    Thanking my lucky stars, I walked from the train station to the bus station - and got jumped by 3 skinheads outside WHSmiths!

you are right, one that stands to mind was when we were on the train on the way back from Torquay ( must have been early 90's ) when Justin Fash got sent off for elbowing John Williams, city had alot down that weekend for fun and games, the trains were rammed , we had to change trains at newton abbot, a few went to grab a few more cans, some went to grab some chips, from nowhere came a mob of about 40 - 50 blokes, now how they got together i dont know as this was before mobile phones, i guess a largish pub must have emptied to get that mob together, the 2 British transport police looked worried and just left us to get on with it

always amazed me on how they got that mob together in such a small time

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Happens in the places you least expect it. Northampton away 97 in the play off semis was rather eventful before during and after.
    ..****ing nuts

Our supporters club coach stopped at chievley

Minus the back window which had been put out by Jason weaver , rest in peace , from porthcawl

When we got there a bus full of swansea city youth team players , just kids , turned up and a load of our nutters tried to roll the bus over

A night of mayhem before , during and after the game

It was embarrassing

Hereford , Exeter ......I have personally found them quite scary places

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Up on that hill

I think it's fair to say it was like Zulu

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Our supporters club coach stopped at chievley

Minus the back window which had been put out by Jason weaver , rest in peace , from porthcawl

When we got there a bus full of swansea city youth team players , just kids , turned up and a load of our nutters tried to roll the bus over

A night of mayhem before , during and after the game

It was embarrassing
    I spoke to one of those Swansea Youth players not long after. Hed played for City but been released and was on a night out with a City player who lives by me. Said hed sh!t himself but laughed about it.

Was more concerned about Nathan Blake playing for the Cardiff Youth Team in an upcoming fixture.

I went to Nurenburg to see Wales I think it was Giggs debut.
    They stuffed us 4-1 and at the end of the game they were giving us heaps of shit either side of the segregation.
    They were going auf wiedersien and waving and taking the piss.
    This nutter pushed past me and said I'll give you Facking auf wiedersien now, jumped up on the fence reached over and grabbed a German flag.
    Then he got his lighter out and set fire to it, the Germans went ballistic.
    Outside the ground it went off big time and the police pushed all the Wales fans into the car park weather they were on coaches or not.
    We hung around for a while then found a gate at the back of the car park and exited that way. We didn't know where the fack we were or where we were going.
    It was dark we were lost but in the distance we saw what looked like some sort of entertainment area as the 6 of us approached it a large mob of Germans came towards us leather jackets, scarves on wrists, moustaches one even had banner on a stick.
    We were at the stage of saying everyone stick together don't run etc when we saw what it said on the banner.
    "WE LOVE YOU DAVID HASSLHOFF."
    When got by them we agreed we Facking loved David Hasslhoff as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I spoke to one of those Swansea Youth players not long after. Hed played for City but been released and was on a night out with a City player who lives by me. Said hed sh!t himself but laughed about it.

Was more concerned about Nathan Blake playing for the Cardiff Youth Team in an upcoming fixture.
    Lucky those swansea city youth players hadn't seen me with my foot stuck in the bin, i was still with the club and was in college with them one day per week!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I felt sorry for those kids , I went onto the coach to apologise about our fans , the youngsters must have been scared out of their wits .

Cardiff fans were animals that night , almost possessed

Gloucester city away in the fa cup was another night of madness

The place was over run

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hereford , Exeter ......I have personally found them quite scary places
    Hereford was always lively

sometimes getting out of the train station was a struggle

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Hereford was always lively

sometimes getting out of the train station was a struggle
    Cardiff was their big game of the year , they hated the Welsh and hundreds of their big eared farmer boys would turn up when city came to town

They gave as good as they got