+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best team seen live

Best team seen live

Probably been done before, but as little else to do. What is the best team you can make of players have you seen live.

3-2-3-2
    Buffon
    Ramos
    Cannavaro
    Nesta
    Modric
    Pirlo
    Ronaldo
    Del Pierro
    Bale
    Suarez
    Henry

Keeper was hardest with Southall and Kahn to choose from.

No full backs really stand out so went with centre backs. Others might have picked Campbell or Ferdinand.

Midfield could have gone with most of the best ones from PL like Gerrard, Yaya or Toure.

Strikers again could have gone with best ones from PL or perhaps Klose but more as being top WC goalscorer.

I'd love to add Messi to the team as genuinelly feel he is the greatest ever.

First Team

Re: Best team seen live

The entire Leeds United team that played us at Ninian in about 1972.
    If memory serves they only won 2-0 but they played a game that was alien to not only me but everyone else in the ground that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    If memory serves they only won 2-0 but they played a game that was alien to not only me but everyone else in the ground that day.
    ....this was my thoughts as soon as I read the title of the thread..men and boys

The forest side in 78 that went on to European glory.Again I think they only beat us 2-0 but could only drool over the football.The OP's made up side would probably give this side a run for its money.

Agree. Up until Man City last year I had never seen a team so totally in control. A pass was barely wasted. 2-0. May has well have been 10.

The French in the November 2017 friendly were very impressive, beat us 2-0. Mbappe was outstanding, we had a go but were outclassed. No surprise they went on to be World Champs.

I tried to put together a side in the manner the OP did, but gave up after fifteen minutes because I was finding it impossible after only getting as far as Southall in goal and Cafu at right back - George Best and John Charles would have been in there somewhere though.