+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris is back phew

Boris is back phew

Re: Boris is back phew

I'm really disappointed he didn't wear a cape or a Captain Britain outfit for his comeback.

He'll have it all sorted by the weekend. Have trust in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm really disappointed he didn't wear a cape or a Captain Britain outfit for his comeback.

He'll have it all sorted by the weekend. Have trust in him.
    That's what the red tops will be saying in the morning.
    No mention of the shameful level of deaths in the UK. Over 40000 so far.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    40,000????

Couldn't help smiling when he judged the moment of maximum risk to be the one when he returned to public life

Gave it a week since that Sunday Times' enquiry and banned questions about it before coming back too, best bit of crisis management from him this year.

More unsubstantiated ‘facts’.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    40,000????
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9477761.html

The bleach worked then

International

did you spot the words "suggests" and "probably" in that article, and I only read a part of it.
    I think you'll find that when they strip out the number of people who were dying anyway and the number of folks who normally die in the period then the covid 19 count will be considerably lower than that
    doctors are putting it on death certs if it was present or if the believe it might be because it is reportable, but that doesn't mean it was.
    I think 40,000 is a bit sensationalist.
    everybody reads the papers and news outlets that suit them and then believe what they want to believe. so many rant about journalist and papers until one prints something that suits their take on a subject. you should question everything.

As I don't subscribe to the Independent I can't read the link but the real figure is probably near 40000 as the 20000 figure used by the government only represents deaths in hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As I don't subscribe to the Independent I can't read the link but the real figure is probably near 40000 as the 20000 figure used by the government only represents deaths in hospitals.
    You can read without registering, just cross the pop up box off

International

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Probably again.

The point is all these figures are speculative, and whatever the speculation is is couched in words that make the reader think its a worse or better outcome depending on which side of the argument the writier/ paper/ program is on.
    Watch Yes Prime minister when they are discussing opinion polls (For conscription I think).

did you spot the words "suggests" and "probably" in that article, and I only read a part of it.
    I think you'll find that when they strip out the number of people who were dying anyway and the number of folks who normally die in the period then the covid 19 count will be considerably lower than that
    doctors are putting it on death certs if it was present or if the believe it might be because it is reportable, but that doesn't mean it was.
    everybody reads the papers and news outlets that suit them and then believe what they want to believe. so many rant about journalist and papers until one prints something that suits their take on a subject. you should question everything.
    I'm not making any arguments or preferences, I'm just providing the evidence for Mr Corbyn

Probably again.

The point is all these figures are speculative, and whatever the speculation is is couched in words that make the reader think its a worse or better outcome depending on which side of the argument the writier/ paper/ program is on.
    Watch Yes Prime minister when they are discussing opinion polls (For conscription I think).
    The 40k deaths is definitely speculative as that figure relies on the information recorded on death certificates by the GP. Given that the patients in nursing homes for example have not been tested for CV-19 a recorded death can only be speculated by the GP as the GP could equally say the person died of pneumonia which is a by product of CV-19. If the death certificate states pneumonia then that would eliminate CV-19 from the statistics.

One of the strange by products of all of this is the Times/Sunday Times/Financial Times have, seemingly, been designated as unfriendly when it comes to supporting the Government. It was being reported yesterday that the Sunday Times is not being allowed to ask questions at the daily Government briefings any more,

Banned

We do know that care home deaths, and deaths at home are not being recorded. Anecdotal, but a local care home has lost 4 residents this week alone. We are already at 20,500 in hospitals alone.

The Telegraph report the following too

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...nhs-hospitals/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One of the strange by products of all of this is the Times/Sunday Times/Financial Times have, seemingly, been designated as unfriendly when it comes to supporting the Government. It was being reported yesterday that the Sunday Times is not being allowed to ask questions at the daily Government briefings any more,
    Its baffling, the "biased newspapers" argument may have made sense if the numbers came from a source who are at least somewhat left leaning

Might aswell double it eh? How may died of it? Or just caught after pneumonia maybe? Imagine the bungaling geography teacher had been in charge eh? Now that’s a scary thought

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Might aswell double it eh? How may died of it? Or just caught after pneumonia maybe? Imagine the bungaling geography teacher had been in charge eh? Now that’s a scary thought
    Jesus talk about whataboutism and defending the government at all costs.

How is anything you said a counter argument?

We are all 'dying anyway'. I don't quite understand this line of thinking, once you are a certain age or level of sickness you shouldn't count as a person in the figures anymore?

We should demand full transparency.

Probably again.

Have you read the methodology behind the analysis cited above?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Imagine if the winning candidate in the Tory leadership race was the one that everyone knows is an obscene liar, madly career orientated to the point where he'd trample over anyone to become PM and is notorious for not being a details man - if you want him to read it, make sure it's less than two sides.

We don't have to imagine, because he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We are all 'dying anyway'. I don't quite understand this line of thinking, once you are a certain age or level of sickness you shouldn't count as a person in the figures anymore?

We should demand full transparency.
    Yes I do not understand that argument at all. Should we stop all chemotherapy?

Does that happen with the flu figures that are commonly used for comparison?