+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Boris is back phew

Re: Boris is back phew

I’ve just caught up with Boris coronavirus briefing from yesterday. What a sterling performance (sarcasm). It was his usual display of style over any substance although understandably he was lacking a little bit of energy to support his bullshit. If his presence was to reassure all he’s back in the game, I have my doubts it’s worked. I bet Raab is glad though he’s not facing Starmer in PMQs next Wednesday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’ve just caught up with Boris coronavirus briefing from yesterday. What a sterling performance (sarcasm). It was his usual display of style over any substance although understandably he was lacking a little bit of energy to support his bullshit. If his presence was to reassure all he’s back in the game, I have my doubts it’s worked. I bet Raab is glad though he’s not facing Starmer in PMQs next Wednesday.
    Wasn't it a complete nonsense again? 40 minutes of complete nothing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ant-outbluster

I'm guessing John Crace isn't a Boris fan?

That's a much more analytical and eloquent hammering. I'm surprised he's returned so early and can only surmise that his ego thinks his presence is going to reassure everyone? For me it has the opposite effect. I do feel though Boris the populist and the puppet master Cummings have missed an easy trick of wheeling out Boris on his return to frontline duty on a ventilator in order to garner some media support and deflect away his current inadequacies.

That's a much more analytical and eloquent hammering. I'm surprised he's returned so early and can only surmise that his ego thinks his presence is going to reassure everyone? For me it has the opposite effect. I do feel though Boris the populist and the puppet master Cummings have missed an easy trick of wheeling out Boris on his return to frontline duty on a ventilator in order to garner some media support and deflect away his current inadequacies.
    Well it is The Grauniad, so I would expect a bit of bias.

I do like his writing style though, if you click on his name, you will find some more articles that he has penned.

I know you despise Boris Johnson.

That is your right and he doesn't always help himself

But as someone who has several times had to spend nights at the bedside of someone fighting for life and depending on oxygen, I find your last remark in pretty poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

But as someone who has several times had to spend nights at the bedside of someone fighting for life and depending on oxygen, I find your last remark in pretty poor taste.
    I agree. It was deplorable. Whoever the writer is should be ashamed of himself.

Boris's boys being precious again are they?

That's awful that you and your loved ones had to go through that and I genuinely hope all is well now but to be honest that's got nothing to do with his tongue in cheek comment about Johnson and there's no real need to bring it up other than to find a reason to be offended

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Boris's boys being precious again are they?

You are off again.

I probably dislike Jeremy Corbyn as much as you and some others dislike Boris Johnson ( and for the avoidance of doubt I am not a great fan of Boris).

If someone had made a similar comment about Corbyn I would have found it equally objectionable.

I am not a particular fan of Starmer either but he is a country mile ahead of Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That's awful that you and your loved ones had to go through that and I genuinely hope all is well now but to be honest that's got nothing to do with his tongue in cheek comment about Johnson and there's no real need to bring it up other than to find a reason to be offended
    I'm not really offended more annoyed that someone feels the need to stoop to that level.

You may feel there was no "real need" to bring it up.

I say there was no real need make the comment I the first place.

I'm not really offended more annoyed that someone feels the need to stoop to that level.

You may feel there was no "real need" to bring it up.

I say there was no real need make the comment I the first place.
    Then I call it a score draw. Good day to you, I hope all that were ill are now better

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    YOU however, need to stop being so dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Who are you talking about specifically?
    Vindec, are you ever going to answer this?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Then I call it a score draw. Good day to you, I hope all that were ill are now better
    Thank you for your good wishes.

Yes she is better,but can't afford to catch the virus.

They wouldn't put her on a ventilator 18 months
    ago because they though once she was on she'd never come off.

She would have no chance of going on one now.

Elwood Blues, a sincere apology if I've offended you or caused any upset.

It's wasn't my intention and I hope your loved one is well.

My comment is obviously a flippant observation on Boris's populist political actions and the way he's embellished or lied about other things in the past for political or personal gain.

Regards butty.

Ashamed of myself? Go on tell me why?

Banned

Yesterday, Johnson took time out of his busy schedule to talk to the nation. He was asked by a Cornish lady "I am getting lots of people trying to book my cottage for the summer. This makes me worried that there could be a spike in cases in Cornwall in the summer. How will you stop this?".

Johnson didn't answer that question, but one about tourism in general.

Ashamed of myself? Go on tell me why?
    If you need to ask that a man was who nearly died was used in order to gain media support then I feel sorry for you. If you can be bothered look at my earlier posts I'm no fan of Boris Johnson either but it is in poor taste to even suggest that he is being used for publicity purposes. Clearly my view is in the minority but that is how I feel.

If you need to ask that a man was who nearly died was used in order to gain media support then I feel sorry for you. If you can be bothered look at my earlier posts I'm no fan of Boris Johnson either but it is in poor taste to even suggest that he is being used for publicity purposes. Clearly my view is in the minority but that is how I feel.
    Very noble but I think you are being naive if you think the return of Boris hasn't been stage managed for maximum impact.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You are off again.

I probably dislike Jeremy Corbyn as much as you and some others dislike Boris Johnson ( and for the avoidance of doubt I am not a great fan of Boris).

If someone had made a similar comment about Corbyn I would have found it equally objectionable.

I am not a particular fan of Starmer either but he is a country mile ahead of Corbyn.
    What have Jeremy Corbyn and Kier Starmer got to do with it?

I also don't see why a joke about Boris Johnson being wheeled out whilst on a ventillator is offensive tbh. He isn't wishing ill on him or anyone on a ventillator. I don't see how it has anything to do with your relative either.

Serious question. Do you think Boris return hasn't been used to gain media support? Isn't there an element of truth to my observation? I wonder who stood in front of a red bus and promised Ł350 million to the NHS for political and personal gain?

Poor taste? Not your taste you mean and means you can act all outraged.

Vindec would have a heart attack if he ever heard any satirical jokes if that's set him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Vindec would have a heart attack if he ever heard any satirical jokes if that's set him off.
    I look forward to him telling us of his incandescent rage over Boris naming the pressing need to source and purchase of ventilators back in March as “Operation Last Gasp”.

Heisenberg

"Nearly died"... You can't be talking about Boris Johnson as everything coming out of the Govt. was that he was fine and in good spirits, everything was just a precaution... Etc.

Either you don't believe them on that issue and Boris really was at death's door... Which means that you shouldn't believe anything else that they tell you...

Or you do believe them and he wasn't close to dying in the slightest.

I wonder which one it is...