+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris is back phew

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Boris is back phew

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What is vague about underlying health conditions They have all ben pretty well laid out in recent months

I have a couple as I am painfully aware

My wife has several.
    I have atrial fibrillation and about six weeks ago the AF forum I use put out a statement saying that they had sought the best advice and had been told that AF was not something that would put you in the most vulnerable category. Therefore, as a sixty four year old who had received nothing from NHS Wales to inform that I was one of the 1.5 million most at risk, I assumed I did not need to strictly self isolate for twelve weeks and lived my life accordingly.

However, then we got to hear of the Welsh Government's schoolboy error whereby letters to 13,000 of those categorised most vulnerable had gone to the wrong address. I made further enquiries and learned that most of the 13,000 were people with underlying conditions rather than those who were seventy plus and there were a large number of them who had moved "recently" - I moved up here two years ago in March, which I suppose may qualify as recently. Therefore, I again spent a week or so not sure whether I should really be staying in continuously and then again assumed that I should carry on as I was when no letter arrived.

I'm still checking on that AF forum and there are many in a similar position to me in that they are under 70 and have AF, but have not been rated most vulnerable, but there are also messages from other AF sufferers, including a forty one year with no other underlying conditions, saying that they have been informed that they need to be in full lockdown for twelve weeks - so, I'm in a position whereby I'm assuming I'm free to make essential journeys for food and take an exercise period every day, but have the feeling that this might not be the case if I lived in another part of the country, that cannot be right.

Re: Boris is back phew

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have atrial fibrillation and about six weeks ago the AF forum I use put out a statement saying that they had sought the best advice and had been told that AF was not something that would put you in the most vulnerable category. Therefore, as a sixty four year old who had received nothing from NHS Wales to inform that I was one of the 1.5 million most at risk, I assumed I did not need to strictly self isolate for twelve weeks and lived my life accordingly.

However, then we got to hear of the Welsh Government's schoolboy error whereby letters to 13,000 of those categorised most vulnerable had gone to the wrong address. I made further enquiries and learned that most of the 13,000 were people with underlying conditions rather than those who were seventy plus and there were a large number of them who had moved "recently" - I moved up here two years ago in March, which I suppose may qualify as recently. Therefore, I again spent a week or so not sure whether I should really be staying in continuously and then again assumed that I should carry on as I was when no letter arrived.

I'm still checking on that AF forum and there are many in a similar position to me in that they are under 70 and have AF, but have not been rated most vulnerable, but there are also messages from other AF sufferers, including a forty one year with no other underlying conditions, saying that they have been informed that they need to be in full lockdown for twelve weeks - so, I'm in a position whereby I'm assuming I'm free to make essential journeys for food and take an exercise period every day, but have the feeling that this might not be the case if I lived in another part of the country, that cannot be right.
    My wife age 74 with AF and cardiomyopathy has heard nothing.