+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Boris is back phew

Re: Boris is back phew

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Whilst education is devolved I find it hard to believe one nation decided off it's own back to close and then in an incredibly short period of time three other nations then decided to follow suit...
    England is looking to follow what the others do, I put a list up with dates - stopping public gatherings and closing courts they eventually followed suit but many many days later, after those closures perhaps they learnt their lesson and that following Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland was the way for them to go as perhaps they realised (and their press and some of their people told them) that they were clueless so when school closures were announced they were only some hours behind the others as the others in comparison to them seemed to have a plan.

Sturgeon has leadership skills, Boris doesn't, it looks like it's decided that Boris just follows Nicola, it's been noted by commentators and observers that Sturgeon is the de facto leader of the UK in this crisis.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    You said Sturgeon gave the information out early to look good, but the Welsh announced school closures before she did.
    Education is a devolved matter in Wales and Scotland so they can make their own decisions.
    So as the NHS is also devolved they can presumably take their own decisions on that too, so the Westminster government are not responsible of the lack of PPE, the failure ot hit targets and the slow rate of roll out of testing in Wales after all.
    It is the responsibility of evolved government and as you so rightly say they can make their own decisions.

Hate to break it to you, trampie but more people listen to Sturgeon than Drakeford... and gets more media coverage.
    Sturgeon is effectively the UK leader.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    he did a good job as mayor of London...apart from buying a water cannon !

Felt for him when his naughty Home Secretary Nanny May took his big water gun from him , she should have at least allowed him to keep it and let him have at least one go on it ,maybe on those Greta demonstrators.

Heisenberg

Scotland and Wales have handled this crisis better than England and that is not bashing England for the sake of it, the devolved Government's with less overall power IMHO have done better than the Westminster UK Government has for England.
    You're missing the point, as usual, when it comes to this subject. I'm criticising the devolved govts. as well as the UK govt. for their response to Covid-19. Just because the Welsh govt. response is better than the UK govt's, doesn't mean they get a free pass from criticism.

God help us ,sneaking out first from Cobra meetings and having an early press conference about the discussion of the day is really clever

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You're missing the point, as usual, when it comes to this subject. I'm criticising the devolved govts. as well as the UK govt. for their response to Covid-19. Just because the Welsh govt. response is better than the UK govt's, doesn't mean they get a free pass from criticism.
    Absolutely, quite right too, I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    God help us ,sneaking out first from Cobra meetings and having an early press conference about the discussion of the day is really clever
    Sturgeon was 4 days earlier than Boris as regards mass gatherings and 6 days earlier than Boris as regards stopping new jury trials, Arlene beat Nicola by a day as regards court cases, so no nipping out in front of the English in those cases as it took the English the best part of a week and a full week to get their act together.

Arf!

You really believe that trampie? When this is over, Salmond will be looking for vengeance.

Sturgeon doesn't even really want independence. At the moment, can blame England for everything... lose that, have to be accountable for own governance.

As an outside observer of the way the UK gov. Have managed this outbreak, I cannot see
    Where they could have done anymore badly.
    How anyone can defend them is mind boggling to me.
    Without doubt thousands of lives have been lost due to thier inaction.
    So so sad.

Rubbish

International

That really is complete nonsense, you know that don't butt. lol

So it's her fault then?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Wow, I think I've stumbled upon the Cardiff Branch of the Tooting Popular Front. Power to the People !!
    I've often struggled to understand why people on this messageboard seem shocked that a club in South Wales, an area which has voted overwhelmingly for a left wing party for almost 100 years, have a predominantly left wing fanbase

Hmm, again not sure lawmaking is a devolved power in Wales.
    Wales have had full lawmaking powers in devolved areas since 2011

International

You said Sturgeon gave the information out early to look good, but the Welsh announced school closures before she did.
    Education is a devolved matter in Wales and Scotland so they can make their own decisions.
    Trampie, have you considered your reply to my comment on this post yet? Just interested on your take on it.

Repeating yourself this evening, eh? Need more material.

When did Johnson tell others to shake hands btw?
    I know I keep coming back to that, but it's like - what's the WORST thing that he could possibly have said at that point in the pandemic.
    If it was on the thick of it it would be hilarious.
    Imagine being one of his advisors having to try to spin their way out of the mess he makes every time he opens his mouth without thinking. Must be one of the most difficult jobs in politics.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So it's her fault then?
    Brilliant.

Boris and his chums are clowns without make up

Hancock , Gove , Patel , all rabbits caught in the headlights

Boris will do a few jolly public school speeches and when this virus is over it's his watch , his government and hes got to deal with the grilling he deserves .

I hope he and his party of chancers get a right bloody nose at the next election once the health professionals let the country really know what has been done or in this case not been done

However I have my doubts

As that lovely chap Adolf Hitler once said .......the joy of government is that the people are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I know I keep coming back to that, but it's like - what's the WORST thing that he could possibly have said at that point in the pandemic.
    If it was on the thick of it it would be hilarious.
    Imagine being one of his advisors having to try to spin their way out of the mess he makes every time he opens his mouth without thinking. Must be one of the most difficult jobs in politics.
    The "invisible mugger" line sounds like something out of Thick Of It/Yes Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thank god for boris

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That really is complete nonsense, you know that don't butt. lol
    Nicola makes a decision and then Boris follows suit.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thank god for boris
    Crikey England is off the scale.