+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris is back phew

Re: Boris is back phew

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    No nation is identical.

Can you name, for example, one nation in Europe with a city the size and density of London?

People champion NZ - well, it's easier to contain and isolate there because population density is lower... christ, some regions you've miles to nearest neighbour.
    Why just Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shes a foaming mouth right wing nut case

What's she been saying now ?
    Priti Patel said she’s pleased that shoplifting is down compared to last year. I wonder why that is

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why hasn't there been any criticism in this thread about the thousands of ignorant, selfish, boneheaded members of the public, who have ignored the governments advice, and almost certainly caused additions to the death rate?
    Because the thread is about boris mate.

You could argue the advice hasn’t been clear enough. Ireland have done better than us because of how clear their rules have been.

Why hasn't there been any criticism in this thread about the thousands of ignorant, selfish, boneheaded members of the public, who have ignored the governments advice, and almost certainly caused additions to the death rate?
    Because they don't go on telly every day to tell us how great they are so I have no ****ing clue who they are. Just to clarify the people you are talking about are twats, you can tell them from me.

According to 'tell it like it is' when somebody ignores social distancing you can blame the local mayor for not stopping it, I suggest you write a few strongly worded letters.

Your 2nd sentence is made meaningless by your 1st sentence 😁
    Why? If, say, a Labour Government had been as indecisive as this lot were, then the figures would be very similar I would have thought. However, what we know for certain is we've got a Conservative Government that was undoubtedly indecisive for a period of five or six weeks, almost certainly, to the detriment of the country.

Or the feckless Chinese, we do know the answer though , everything is the Tories fault , no mention of the extraordinary building of the Nightingale Hospitals, the remarkable handouts by the impressive chancellor to keep business afloat and folk in work .

Heisenberg

Nobody except you, who said there would have been fewer deaths. ��
    I think he was correcting tell it like it is' grammar (it's 'fewer' not 'less') if it's the post you're referring to.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Or the feckless Chinese, we do know the answer though , everything is the Tories fault , no mention of the extraordinary building of the Nightingale Hospitals, the remarkable handouts by the impressive chancellor to keep business afloat and folk in work .
    Handouts? Giving out money personally, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It would be truly remarkable if they were handouts and as for the "extraordinary building" of Nightingale Hospitals, they were conversions of existing structures - impressive yes, but hardly deserving of such hyperbole.

I think he was correcting tell it like it is' grammar (it's 'fewer' not 'less') if it's the post you're referring to.
    Yes. I apologise to Croesy for that one 👍

I wonder if the civil service number crunchers are working out how much state pension money has been saved due to the deaths of senior citizens who were receiving it and future upcoming savings made on the deceased nearing pension age. All adds up immediately while the ‘handouts’ will be clawed back by hook or by crook.

Im a long chalk from being a Tory supporter. Ive never voted for them in my life, but i don't think it would have mattered a jot how they'd handled this virus situation. They'd have still got a kicking from the resident hate mob on here 😁

Yes. I apologise to Croesy for that one ��
    No need I was being a prick

Im a long chalk from being a Tory supporter. Ive never voted for them in my life, but i don't think it would have mattered a jot how they'd handled this virus situation. They'd have still got a kicking from the resident hate mob on here ��
    Not from me, but for 20,000 deaths in a month they deserve criticism.

Wouldn't surprise me if some people think they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No need I was being a prick
    as always

How is it in your quote if I edited it you fanny?

Anyway, density of London - 4,542 inhabitants per square kilometre

Berlin - 3,948 inhabitant per square kilometre.

Can you explain to me why it’s been easier for Germany to track, trace and isolate infected people more easily than us?
    Hong Kong - 6480 people / square km

4 deaths!

Shut down early you make a huge difference

Taiwan - 23 million population, 430 infections, 6 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hong Kong - 6480 people / square km

4 deaths!

Shut down early you make a huge difference
    It's not just about shutting down early it's also about:

- not cutting back on vital supplies
    - not having hostile attitude to immigrants who make up large percentage of medics and care workers
    - not delaying action and allowing private companies take lead in cancelling events.
    - openness and clarity of information
    - not ignoring companies offering to make vital supplies
    - being able to explain why despite WHO have providing clear advice since end of January there was a month and a half why this was not acted upon in the UK and yet every day the UK science creeps closer towards WHO recommendation

Oh look, we have the worst death rate in Europe. Thank goodness Boris is back....

Boris and Donald a match made in hell the wobble twins.Both too slow to react to the pandemic and could end up with the highest death rates.

For the record, I'd much rather vote Tory at next GE on back of their fantastic handling of this health crisis, and aftermath, than a majority feel the need to vote elsewhere because of how they continue to mishandle it. Think that sums up 95% of the UK.

Of course there will be other issues to consider as well, we hope, but counter to scrutiny of current UK government seems to be suggesting it's party politics or opposition couldn't have done better. Don't think we care so much about what other parties could do, we want this one to do much better.

Can someone answer me this, why does it matter if labour would have done better? These aren’t football teams they are political parties. Being biased for or against one is ****ing ridiculous and bad for everyone.
    It also hasn't ever worked like that before.

Labour's spending up until 2008 was supported by the Tories as was much of their response to the crash. Labour carried the can for that massive mess whether it was partially their fault or not and I am pretty sure those squealing 'party politics!' in this thread every time a government **** up is pointed out weren't saying 'well hold on, the tories wouldn't have done any better' in 2010. This is how politics works, the party in government takes the hit. Time for the thin-skinned to put their big boy pants on.

I don't think I have ever seen something so ridiculous written down.

You know next year when some businesses crash and people who unfortunately lose their jobs are getting 'remarkable handouts' of 90 quid a week rather than 600, we can revisit this.

And on that actually, you made a thread about this and I told you I agreed with the impressive speed the London facility (the only one open at the time) was put together. Short memory.

Wish we'd been in China only 83,901 cases and 4,636 deaths marvelous effort .