+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Boris is back phew

Re: Boris is back phew

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly, Boris Johnson is completely the wrong person for the job he faces at the moment.
    I have just finished watching the French Prime Minister, Edouard Phillipe, addressing the Deputies in the French Assembly. He spoke for an hour with authority and clarity, outlining the next stages on how they will come out of lockdown. Amongst other things, he said that he could have done all this via a Press Conference but felt it was important to give the Deputies the chance to comment and disagree. He is not a showman and as I listened to him I found myself thinking who amongst our current crop of politicians, on either side, could give a similar address and, frankly, I couldn't think of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There appears to br plenty of folk in this thread who seem to know it all. Wasted on a football MB.
    Come on then, tell me what there is in Boris Johnson's career so far to suggest he will be the man to inspire and lead the country out of the current crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    None of the big corporations I've worked for had anyone who conducted themselves like Boris Johnson.
    He comes across as winging it 90% of the time. A total chancer who has only got to where he is because of the school he went to.
    I totally agree with your 'total chancer' comment, Rjk, that nicely sums Boris up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He's probably better than Theresa May who reports suggest tended to get bogged down by the detail. But, in reality it's probably Matt Hancock that is running the show with Boris conveying the pretence he is in charge. I agree with the comment that Boris is probably winging it 90% of the time.
    Yes, I'd say he would be better than Theresa May, because, although I don't understand why, I think he is able to inspire people to a certain degree. To be fair to him, he is being tested in a way that no Prime Minister has been tested in decades, but, for me, he needs to be a far more rounded politician to take the country with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Like the head of any big organisation Boris is a big picture generalist.....a General Manager. He doesn't need to know the detail in the manual because he has expert advisors who know the manual inside out. Now Gordon Brown was a detail man, set in his ways, and methods, but he couldn't see the finished jigsaw because he was too busy looking at each piece.
    “Boris is a big picture genaralist...” ****inell

The only picture he see’s is himself, the massive ****wit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I'd say he would be better than Theresa May, because, although I don't understand why, I think he is able to inspire people to a certain degree. To be fair to him, he is being tested in a way that no Prime Minister has been tested in decades, but, for me, he needs to be a far more rounded politician to take the country with him.
    Even taking everything into consideration Boris is the worst Prime Minister in my time and I would be surprised if he was not the worst Prime Minister ever.

Imagine being a fan of and liking Boris Johnson ****ing hell.

Shocking how serville to the toffs a lot of the welsh really are.

Has he bothered turning up to todays briefing?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Imagine being a fan of and liking Boris Johnson ****ing hell.

Shocking how serville to the toffs a lot of the welsh really are.
    Yes indeed it is shocking how servile a lot of Welsh people are.

The oppressed are allowed, once every few years, to decide which members of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.

Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I totally agree with your 'total chancer' comment, Rjk, that nicely sums Boris up for me.

I say that as a total chancer, who is winging it 90% of the time though

Wow, I think I've stumbled upon the Cardiff Branch of the Tooting Popular Front. Power to the People !!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Wow, I think I've stumbled upon the Cardiff Branch of the Tooting Popular Front. Power to the People !!
    Wolfie Smith Speed and Co could do better than Boris and Hancock and the Wolfies girlfriends mother definitely better than Whateley.😃

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Wolfie Smith Speed and Co could do better than Boris and Hancock and Wolfies girlfriends mother definitely better than Whateley.😃

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are the Welsh Assembly and Scottish Govt. privy to all of the info at these meetings and the ones that warned that the Govt. needed to stockpile PPE etc? That's what I was getting at.

But since you've mentioned it, and I barely know anything about the subject, do the leaders usually miss 5 COBRA meetings - as has been reported?
    They have just stated on BBC 6 o'clock news that "Nicola Sturgeon has access to the same scientific advice as the UK Government"

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They have just stated on BBC 6 o'clock news that "Nicola Sturgeon has access to the same scientific advice as the UK Government"
    Yes I think there are representatives from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in the Covid 19 meetings, not the mayor of London though.

However, only a representative from one of the countries was recently advocating shaking hands with people with the virus.

Heisenberg

That doesn't sound good.

International

That doesn't sound good.
    They were talking about her advising people about wearing face masks, and when questioned basically she said it isn't government advice but she thinks it might be a good idea. Got help the Scots!!!

That doesn't sound good.
    Why ?

They were talking about her advising people about wearing face masks, and when questioned basically she said it isn't government advice but she thinks it might be a good idea. Got help the Scots!!!
    The UK Government has followed Nicola Sturgeon's lead during this crisis, they wait to see what Sturgeon does then they follow her.

International

Fair play you do talk some bollox lol
    i'd love to know where you got the glasses you look at this world through.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Why ?
    Because that implies that the Welsh Assembly do too, and I haven't given them as harsh a time as the UK govt. for their response.

Although, I do still think that the UK govt. have f**ked up on a grander scale as they are the main decision makers and the main source of funding for the nation as a whole.

What are you going to disagree with now? I haven't slagged off the English enough for your liking in my post, so I'm sure you'll find some fault.

Fair play you do talk some bollox lol
    i'd love to know where you got the glasses you look at this world through.
    On March 12th Nicola Sturgeon advised that gatherings over 500 people should be cancelled to free up emergency services, four days later Boris did something similar, it was widely speculated that he followed her lead due to mounting pressure that he had it wrong and she had it right.

On 17 March Scotland announced there would be no new jury trials in Scotland, on 23 March England followed suit.

18 March Scotland announced schools and colleges were closing, England followed suit but some hours later.

"Widely speculated", must be a fact then.

I've no idea why Sturgeon would want no jury trials, no clue whatsoever... bit late though.

I thought the schools issue was it was going to be announce, Sturgeon gave the info out early to make herself look good.

haven't read through the whole thread but isn't he the only leader of a country to get infected? wuckfit !