+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Boris is back phew

Re: Boris is back phew

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Because that implies that the Welsh Assembly do too, and I haven't given them as harsh a time as the UK govt. for their response.

Although, I do still think that the UK govt. have f**ked up on a grander scale as they are the main decision makers and the main source of funding for the nation as a whole.

What are you going to disagree with now? I haven't slagged off the English enough for your liking in my post, so I'm sure you'll find some fault.
    Scotland and Wales have handled this crisis better than England and that is not bashing England for the sake of it, the devolved Government's with less overall power IMHO have done better than the Westminster UK Government has for England.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Scotland and Wales have handled this crisis better than England and that is not bashing England for the sake of it, the devolved Government's with less overall power IMHO have done better than the Westminster UK Government has for England.
    Better than England or better than parts of England, like London?

In what way has Drakeford done better?

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

He hasn't told anyone to shake hands with virus sufferers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He hasn't told anyone to shake hands with virus sufferers?
    Repeating yourself this evening, eh? Need more material.

When did Johnson tell others to shake hands btw?

"Widely speculated", must be a fact then.

I've no idea why Sturgeon would want no jury trials, no clue whatsoever... bit late though.

I thought the schools issue was it was going to be announce, Sturgeon gave the info out early to make herself look good.
    Why do you think Boris followed Nicola's lead ?

All about stopping the spread of the virus, England has no jury trials either after following others.

It might have been the Welsh that did the education thing first, the Welsh definitely did something first that preempted the UK Government.

Social distancing laws, announcing tough lockdown measures and now putting forward a framework to get out of lockdown.

Why do you think Boris followed Nicola's lead ?

All about stopping the spread of the virus, England has no jury trials either after following others.

It might have been the Welsh that did the education thing first, the Welsh definitely did something first that preempted the UK Government.
    You're making assumptions about cause and effect. Pretty definite schools was a UK decision, which Sturgeon deliberately and cynically gave out early. Maybe you can explain why she'd do that.

Stopping the spread of the virus, no, it's about slowing the rate the virus spreads.

I'd be interested to know what Welsh gov did first, if any.

Social distancing laws, announcing tough lockdown measures and now putting forward a framework to get out of lockdown.
    Laws, eh? That's an interesting view... lawmaking isn't to the best of my knowledge a devolved issue.

Framework for getting out of lockdown is almost certainly an agreed UK policy being leaked early for political capital.

You're making assumptions about cause and effect. Pretty definite schools was a UK decision, which Sturgeon deliberately and cynically gave out early. Maybe you can explain why she'd do that.

Stopping the spread of the virus, no, it's about slowing the rate the virus spreads.

I'd be interested to know what Welsh gov did first, if any.
    I've just found the info and I was right, the Welsh announced school closures first on 18 March, followed by Sturgeon and the Northern Irish then last of all to fall line was Boris.

Not doubting you, trampie, can you pass a link to that info ta.

Laws, eh? That's an interesting view... lawmaking isn't to the best of my knowledge a devolved issue.

Framework for getting out of lockdown is almost certainly an agreed UK policy being leaked early for political capital.
    Announced by Mark Drakeford on 3 April and came into law on 7 April, requiring employers in Wales to comply with the two metre social distancing rule.

Hmm, again not sure lawmaking is a devolved power in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Come on then, tell me what there is in Boris Johnson's career so far to suggest he will be the man to inspire and lead the country out of the current crisis?
    he did a good job as mayor of London...apart from buying a water cannon !

Where’s that Russian Report

Hmm, again not sure lawmaking is a devolved power in Wales.
    There are a lot of things you are not sure about, lol, never mind old Trampie puts you straight.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    https://www.politico.eu/article/bori...rojects-redux/

Not doubting you, trampie, can you pass a link to that info ta.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...age-not-enough

You only need to go to the 'live feed' last update of the day at 18.26 entitled 'Evening summary' and there it is at the start of the first paragraph.

International

You only need to go to the 'live feed' last update of the day at 18.26 entitled 'Evening summary' and there it is at the start of the first paragraph.
    Ah the gardian update. that might explain why I missed it.

All that says is it was announced first. You're taking that to mean Wales made a decision first and everyone else had to follow... whereas it's almost certain it was a UK decision, some nations decided to reveal it earlier than others.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    No he did not

All that says is it was announced first. You're taking that to mean Wales made a decision first and everyone else had to follow... whereas it's almost certain it was a UK decision, some nations decided to reveal it earlier than others.
    Why is that "almost certain"

You said Sturgeon gave the information out early to look good, but the Welsh announced school closures before she did.
    Education is a devolved matter in Wales and Scotland so they can make their own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why is that "almost certain"
    Whilst education is devolved I find it hard to believe one nation decided off it's own back to close and then in an incredibly short period of time three other nations then decided to follow suit...

You said Sturgeon gave the information out early to look good, but the Welsh announced school closures before she did.
    Education is a devolved matter in Wales and Scotland so they can make their own decisions.
    Hate to break it to you, trampie but more people listen to Sturgeon than Drakeford... and gets more media coverage.

Whilst education is devolved I find it hard to believe one nation decided off it's own back to close and then in an incredibly short period of time three other nations then decided to follow suit...
    The conservatives were very reluctant to close the schools, there were various statements saying that in italy it made things worse because kids went to stay with the grandparents etc. and it would have a disastrous effect on business.
    I didn't hear such statements from Wales or Scotland

It seems very unlikely to me that they all reached the same decision, but wales closed on the one day and Boris thought lets give the kids an extra couple of days in school for some reason