+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pubs

Pubs

Trying to envisage when pubs might be able to re open, table service only? Ie you don’t go to the bar, city centre pubs with restricted numbers? Beer gardens ok if tables 2m apart? Brains were about to sell of a few anyway were they not?
    Great time to give some a much needed lick of paint but I bet they aren’t......

Re: Pubs

Theres talk of Christmas. That doesnt seem a good idea to me. Re open for a party season and the New Year.??

There won’t be many left if it’s Christmas, which would be a bad time to re open anyway

We be a different world when (if) pubs do open !!!!!!

Doormen taking your temperature on entry, plastic receptacles to drink out of (the throw away type) and some firm will come up with a face mask, with a straw in it !!!
    All talking done by text !!!

PS:——- this is a jovial text and not to be taken seriously, unless you want to .

PPS:——— The temperature one may be near the truth. Can you imagine it, stone cold sober, being told you can’t go in a pub

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We be a different world when (if) pubs do open !!!!!!

Doormen taking your temperature on entry, plastic receptacles to drink out of (the throw away type) and some firm will come up with a face mask, with a straw in it !!!
    All talking done by text !!!

PS:——- this is a jovial text and not to be taken seriously, unless you want to .

PPS:——— The temperature one may be near the truth. Can you imagine it, stone cold sober, being told you can’t go in a pub
    It’s a sickener isn’t it, could be that things such as work, shopping and that may shortly return to a sort of as normal as can be expected but, understandably, gatherings at pubs, football etc may take a while. Football will be screened live with no crowds so every thing nigh on resumes as normal for the sofa based, can drinking tv ‘supporter’, what a pisser!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s a sickener isn’t it, could be that things such as work, shopping and that may shortly return to a sort of as normal as can be expected but, understandably, gatherings at pubs, football etc may take a while. Football will be screened live with no crowds so every thing nigh on resumes as normal for the sofa based, can drinking tv ‘supporter’, what a pisser!!!!!
    I remember when you could smoke in pubs, now you can't even drink in them

International

The scientist on the daily briefing last week said they probably won't be allowed to open for a year. I'd love to have witnessed the bollocking he got for that one, even if he may have been telling the truth.
    Just the thought of it is enough to make a man not see the point in life. Why be allowed to go back to work and do everything else but being told you cannot go out and relax and enjoy yourself?
    It's soul destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The scientist on the daily briefing last week said they probably won't be allowed to open for a year. I'd love to have witnessed the bollocking he got for that one, even if he may have been telling the truth.
    Just the thought of it is enough to make a man not see the point in life. Why be allowed to go back to work and do everything else but being told you cannot go out and relax and enjoy yourself?
    It's soul destroying.
    If that does turn out to be the case, it would finish off most suburban pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If that does turn out to be the case, it would finish off most suburban pubs.
    How’s things over in China anyway? You still in a lockdown? Not sure if anyone here believes Chinese state media......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How’s things over in China anyway? You still in a lockdown? Not sure if anyone here believes Chinese state media......
    Well, the bars have been open for about 3 weeks or so where I live, with no social distancing in place.
    Primary schools and kindergartens are still shut. Many of the smaller, family run businesses have become casualties and gone out of business.
    It's not back to normal, the shopping centres are quiet, people have felt the pinch, that's for sure.
    Today was 30°c - uncomfortable to wear a mask. I would say that about 70% of the people were wearing them.

Well, the bars have been open for about 3 weeks or so where I live, with no social distancing in place.
    Primary schools and kindergartens are still shut. Many of the smaller, family run businesses have become casualties and gone out of business.
    It's not back to normal, the shopping centres are quiet, people have felt the pinch, that's for sure.
    Today was 30°c - uncomfortable to wear a mask. I would say that about 70% of the people were wearing them.
    How do they open bars and restaurants....No distancing you say? Are they busy? Any rise in infections?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How do they open bars and restaurants....No distancing you say? Are they busy? Any rise in infections?
    At first, there was limited amounts of people to a table in the bars (usually two and had to sit opposite) . You would get monitored for your temperature at the door, you had to scan the QR code with your phone app before entering and you had to wear a mask to enter. None of that applies any longer.

I can't comment on the restaurants, as I seldom use them anyway. The one bar I used to use a lot before the coronavirus is now about 40% of its normal custom. They have been running a promotion on their beer recently in an effort to get customers back. Instead of charging the equivalent of a pound a small tin, they were only charging 20p a tin.
    A lot of the bars in China can be strange affairs, they can't seem to make up their minds whether they want to be a bar or a restaurant.

International

They have just said it again on the BBC News. It is unlikey that pubs and cafes etc will be allowed to open before next year!!!!

At first, there was limited amounts of people to a table in the bars (usually two and had to sit opposite) . You would get monitored for your temperature at the door, you had to scan the QR code with your phone app before entering and you had to wear a mask to enter. None of that applies any longer.

I can't comment on the restaurants, as I seldom use them anyway. The one bar I used to use a lot before the coronavirus is now about 40% of its normal custom. They have been running a promotion on their beer recently in an effort to get customers back. Instead of charging the equivalent of a pound a small tin, they were only charging 20p a tin.
    A lot of the bars in China can be strange affairs, they can't seem to make up their minds whether they want to be a bar or a restaurant.
    Are the Chinese big drinkers? Do they go out on a bender on the weekend and guzzle wine at home like we do?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

In my experience SE Asian males brag how much they can drink and 6 bottles of whatever later they’re rolling around pissed.

A lot of the restaurant/ bars around here have put plastic screens around tables at which two can sit. Drink your beer there. Cheers with your mates on the tables nearby and stagger into the street with your arms around everyone after.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

In my experience SE Asian males brag how much they can drink and 6 bottles of whatever later they’re rolling around pissed.

A lot of the restaurant/ bars around here have put plastic screens around tables at which two can sit. Drink your beer there. Cheers with your mates on the tables nearby and stagger into the street with your arms around everyone after

People worrying adout social distancing in Pubs couldn't have been in one over the last ten years.

International

I was so depresed by that on the BBC that i changed channel and got some so called celebs on barges talking about going to the pub for a cold beer and a meal and the going there. sitting here watching them doing what the governemtn is likely to tell me I cannot do for the next 9 months. 9 MONTHS!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They have just said it again on the BBC News. It is unlikey that pubs and cafes etc will be allowed to open before next year!!!!
    Yet they are open in China.....hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Are the Chinese big drinkers? Do they go out on a bender on the weekend and guzzle wine at home like we do?
    They love drinking beer, the girls too. However, as 'light up the darkness' says, they don't have a great deal of tolerance to it. They tend to drink in large groups, have lots of food on the table and play drinking games, which can get quite loud.
    They usually stay in the one bar, rather than go on a crawl. I find their beer is quite palatable, but not strong - which suits me, I hate waking up with big hangovers these days.
    Whereas in the UK we might typically start drinking at 8pm and carry on until 2-3am, in China they tend to start drinking at their dinner time 6.30pm - 7pm, and will go home at about 10pm.
    I do miss the weekend drinking culture of the UK to be honest - you know, have a few lunchtime beers. In China most bars don't open in the afternoon, even on a weekend.