+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two years ago today

Two years ago today

The weather in Hull was similar. Even an hour before kick off, City fans were in fine voice and, indeed, throughout the match. One nil up and then there was "that" goal. Total bedlam. We were on our way back to the PL. Happy days.

Re: Two years ago today

I recall a Hull fan video of us singing "we're going up" and his voice countering "no you're not"

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The weather in Hull was similar. Even an hour before kick off, City fans were in fine voice and, indeed, throughout the match. One nil up and then there was "that" goal. Total bedlam. We were on our way back to the PL. Happy days.
    Great trip up and I always liked that old workingmen's club opposite the ground, can't remember much about the trip back though

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Great trip up and I always liked that old workingmen's club opposite the ground, can't remember much about the trip back though
    I remember it far too well having ended up hanging from one leg between seat rows with a number of our lot on top and unable to move. Goal celebrations have a lot to answer for! That leg was black with bruising and still isn't 100% right. Should've drunk more....pain killer!

It was a great trip one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It was a great trip one of my favourites.
    Enjoy (never offside😊):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCELEl...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I recall a Hull fan video of us singing "we're going up" and his voice countering "no you're not"
    Watch it from about 6 min 45secs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BU36iBWHvwc

Brilliant stuff. Whoever was dancing around up on that ledge was risking life and limb. It's a hell of a drop backwards onto the concourse from there.

Cruyff turn?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

On the left corner Bloke in what looks like a red dress when Morrison goes to the corner after scoring.

We have an equal opportunities support nqat

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    On the left corner Bloke in what looks like a red dress when Morrison goes to the corner after scoring.

We have an equal opportunities support nqat
    Yep...with full make up. I ended up more or less underneath him when Morrison scored. There was some decent fancy dress on show that day. Some of it not appropriate for the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Cruyff turn?
    Artistic licence. My only thought was, "what's Morrison doing there?" He scored and the rest is history.

Artistic licence. My only thought was, "what's Morrison doing there?" He scored and the rest is history.

I was screaming smash it, smash it, what the hell......... YESSSSS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I was screaming smash it, smash it, what the hell......... YESSSSS!!!!!
    "Fookin sick support" to quote the Hull lad on the YouTube video blog. It was and, coincidentally, our last match of the season this year....Hull at home. Seems to be a set end of season Championship event does a match v Hull.

One of my favourite City goals. It was just utter brilliance from Morrison, from the full-pitch NML chase to the mesmerising dummy and finally the unstoppable left-foot finish. Could barely believe my eyes.