+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England is a lost cause

England is a lost cause

England continues to vote Tory, the Tories in power seem to be economical with the truth as regards covid tests, PPE etc, they responce to the crisis has been negligent, away from covid they seem happy with their austerity measures resulting in foodbanks, zero hour contracts, homelessness, high levels of poverty and a high percentage of minimum wage jobs, they seem happy to keep taxes low which is running our services into the ground and all for what, to keep the rich richer and throw a few crumbs to the middle and working classes at the expense of the poor.

No wonder the UK is starting to break up, the Celts don't seem as happy with Tory policy as their Germanic neighbours, unfortunately England seems like a lost cause.

Re: England is a lost cause

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    England continues to vote Tory
    So does much of Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So does much of Wales.
    Trampie never passes the opportunity to have a go at England. Welsh = good, England = bad. Repeat ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So does much of Wales.
    White flight immigration into Wales does skew voting patterns, something like a quarter of the population of Wales was born in England and unfortunately lots are bringing their voting habits with them.

Heisenberg

White flight immigration into Wales does skew voting patterns, something like a quarter of the population of Wales was born in England and unfortunately lots are bringing their voting habits with them.
    Quite the xenophobe, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Quite the xenophobe, aren't you?
    Voting patterns changing inline with immigration from another area, when that area is known to vote more often than not in a certain way, it is not xenophobic to point that out.

Heisenberg

Voting patterns changing inline with immigration from another area, when that area is known to vote more often than not in a certain way, it is not xenophobic to point that out.
    It is when the other "area" is an entire country, you xenophobe.

It is when the other "area" is an entire country, you xenophobe.
    They don't come equally from all parts of England though, many of them are affluent Tory voters from the South, yes there are stories of English council's getting rid of undesirable people to Wales (who often don't vote) but most that come here could be classed as grey white flight immigrants.

Heisenberg

They don't come equally from all parts of England though, many of them are affluent Tory voters from the South, yes there are stories of English council's getting rid of undesirable people to Wales (who often don't vote) but most that come here could be classed as grey white flight immigrants.
    Do you like English people?

Do you like English people?
    Yes I do like English people.

A lot of English heritage within our society were evacuees , my family settled , but kept their English connections , albeit their children are born and bred in Wales, my mum was a Londoner but she loved her new Welsh world, and embraced Wales and Welshness ,we should do the same in reverse , as there is so much bitterness about , the majority of my work connections are lovely English folk .

Heisenberg

Yes I do like English people.
    Then why are 99% of your posts about how much you don't like them?

It's like saying lots of negative things about BAME people and then claiming that you're not a racist.

Between the 2001 and 2011 census the number of english born people living in Wales(all ages) rose by 46k.

By 2018 the total estimated population increase of all people living in Wales regardless of nationality rose by 76k from the 2011 census figure.

In 2019 259k more people over 18 voted Conservative than did so in 2005.

There has been a massive swing in that period from Labour to Conservative that cannot be attributed to English immigrants even if every immigrant since 2001 voted Tory and the population increase since 2011 is solely due to English immigrants of voting age.

I'd find some other justification to enhance the Welsh side of Offa's Dyke.

Then why are 99% of your posts about how much you don't like them?

It's like saying lots of negative things about BAME people and then claiming that you're not a racist.
    Sport is tribal and they are our sporting rivals, they are the ones we want to beat, as regards politics it's partisan and England would often vote different to Wales and the rest of the UK come to that.
    Wales would vote Liberal and England would vote Tory, Wales would vote Labour and England would vote Tory, not everytime but often.
    I call a spade a spade and often the truth hurts, I can't and won't do anything about that.
    The hand is stacked against Wales and for England in sport and in politics and I will always stand up for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Between the 2001 and 2011 census the number of english born people living in Wales(all ages) rose by 46k.

By 2018 the total estimated population increase of all people living in Wales regardless of nationality rose by 76k from the 2011 census figure.

In 2019 259k more people over 18 voted Conservative than did so in 2005.

There has been a massive swing in that period from Labour to Conservative that cannot be attributed to English immigrants even if every immigrant since 2001 voted Tory and the population increase since 2011 is solely due to English immigrants of voting age.

I'd find some other justification to enhance the Welsh side of Offa's Dyke.
    The biggest cause is the English media and their friends, by a country mile.

Heisenberg

The biggest cause is the English media and their friends, by a country mile.
    This is my point, you blame the "white flight" and when shown evidence by Cyril that English people moving to Wales hasn't had the impact on voting here that you think it has, so now you've moved on to another aspect of England/the English that's the cause for it.

Either you're not self-aware about your hatred of the English (which is worrying) or you're pretending to us that you don't recognise it. I hope it's the latter

This is my point, you blame the "white flight" and when shown evidence by Cyril that English people moving to Wales hasn't had the impact on voting here that you think it has, so now you've moved on to another aspect of England/the English that's the cause for it.

Either you're not self-aware about your hatred of the English (which is worrying) or you're pretending to us that you don't recognise it. I hope it's the latter
    The biggest issue by far as regards changing voting habits is the biased UK media, which has a bigger impact on voting patterns than immigration does, that has always been my position.

You have left one more 'or' out of your last paragraph and that is:- or are you being a snowflake ?

Heisenberg

The biggest issue by far as regards changing voting habits is the biased UK media, which has a bigger impact on voting patterns than immigration does, that has always been my position.

You have left one more 'or' out of your last paragraph and that is:- or are you being a snowflake ?
    What "or" am I leaving out?

Why am I being a snowflake by pointing out that you denying to hate the English is clearly untrue and you're either lying to us or yourself?

What "or" am I leaving out?

Why am I being a snowflake by pointing out that you denying to hate the English is clearly untrue and you're either lying to us or yourself?
    There are many things I admire about England and it's people, you can ask me what if you like.

Are you English or do you have English blood/connections yourself Heisenberg ?

Heisenberg

There are many things I admire about England and it's people, you can ask me what if you like.

Are you English or do you have English blood/connections yourself Heisenberg ?
    What do you admire about the people you constantly criticise, Trampie?

I'm not English. I have no English blood connections either. The closest English connection I have is that my paternal grandmother was born in Cork and grew up in Liverpool before moving to Barry where she met and married my paternal grandfather.

Why do you ask?

What do you admire about the people you constantly criticise, Trampie?

I'm not English. I have no English blood connections either. The closest English connection I have is that my paternal grandmother was born in Cork and grew up in Liverpool before moving to Barry where she met and married my paternal grandfather.

Why do you ask?
    Their dutifulness and their determination, their ability to worship authority.

I asked because I thought you would not be English just by your reaction to my post, snowflake's take offence on others behalf when there is no offence, they are so sensitive that it is impossible to rationally have a debate with them.

Heisenberg

I asked because I thought you would not be English just by your reaction to my post, snowflake's take offence on others behalf when there is no offence, they are so sensitive that it is impossible to rationally have a debate with them.
    I thought you were genuinely going to give a real list of things that you liked about them... Silly me

I'm not offended on anyone's behalf, Trampie. I'm pointing out that your posts are xenophobic and that it's clear that you have a severe dislike for the English.

You have failed to counter that with anything to make me think differently and can only call me a "snowflake" as a defence. Very rational of you.

You think I have a dislike of the English (which I refute) and as a result I think you are a snowflake.
    That is the long and short of it, now perhaps we can get back to the topic about England being a lost cause, the largest parties in all four countries that make up the United Kingdom were all different, this trend is likely to continue which might lead the Celtic countries to feel disenfranchised by continually having to put up with right wing Conservative policies that they did not vote for this scenario might quicken the break up of the UK in it's current format.

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

God what a stupid thread