+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bury

Bury

If the season is cancelled I assume they will and should be readmitted exactly where they were.

Re: Bury

If the season is cancelled will we get an extra years parachute payment? We were only entitled to two seasons anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    If the season is cancelled will we get an extra years parachute payment? We were only entitled to two seasons anyway.
    Why would they give an extra year?

I’ll chuck this suggestion in if the season is scrapped, season tickets obviously cease to exist for a non existent season so our 2019/20 one in effect hasn’t been used and will commence on game one of the new season. League placings will be expunged, players goal scoring tallies erased etc.......I won’t hold my breath though. I have posted this a bit tongue in cheek as I do realise that the majority of clubs, if not all, will be needing every penny and after all we are supporters, maybe a few asking the question though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ll chuck this suggestion in if the season is scrapped, season tickets obviously cease to exist for a non existent season so our 2019/20 one in effect hasn’t been used and will commence on game one of the new season. League placings will be expunged, players goal scoring tallies erased etc.......I won’t hold my breath though. I have posted this a bit tongue in cheek as I do realise that the majority of clubs, if not all, will be needing every penny and after all we are supporters, maybe a few asking the question though.
    Clubs are supported, in the main, by wealthy billionaires, not by us. We are a revenue stream. There won't be refunds for entire season tickets, I'd be amazed if there were even partial refunds for the games not used. More likely, there will be a discount on next season, which would encourage people to renew in an environment where completion of a football season is no longer a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Why would they give an extra year?
    If they are sharing out the cash for 20/21 and they don't have to pay out parachute payments to sides relegated in 19/20 then there must be surplus cash? My comment was slightly tongue in cheek, but if there's no promotion / relegation, then there must be a few million going spare.

Clubs are supported, in the main, by wealthy billionaires, not by us. We are a revenue stream. There won't be refunds for entire season tickets, I'd be amazed if there were even partial refunds for the games not used. More likely, there will be a discount on next season, which would encourage people to renew in an environment where completion of a football season is no longer a foregone conclusion.
    I'd be happy with a discount, seems a fair way to benefit us and the club

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Right field
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    If they are sharing out the cash for 20/21 and they don't have to pay out parachute payments to sides relegated in 19/20 then there must be surplus cash? My comment was slightly tongue in cheek, but if there's no promotion / relegation, then there must be a few million going spare.
    Good point. Maybe that spare money can be used to keep L1 and L2 clubs in business?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd be happy with a discount, seems a fair way to benefit us and the club
    Clubs tend not to give refunds. Instead, they give sweeteners to "reward" support and get fans to leave the refund discussions with less cash in the pocket rather than more. It probably works for most fans. Some may be unhappy only being able to get a discount by spending money they may not have after this crisis. Or, spending money on a new season that may not even complete.

Clubs in the main are not supported by wealthy billionaires.

Loads could be in deep sh!t.