Wow positive footy news Bamba the coach

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...place-18168670

If true this is indeed great news in sad times

Re: Wow positive footy news Bamba the coach

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...place-18168670

If true this is indeed great news in sad times

Reading between the lines he was a bit miffed when Steve Morrison took over the u23s. Under Warnock I think he was being lined up for that role.

In these difficult times I wouldn’t have thought that taking extra staff on would be a good idea. Of course, it may not be true but if it is someone may have to make way.

Can only be a positive, great personality, knowledgeable of the game and has actually played for us. I wish we kept ex players on more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    In these difficult times I wouldn’t have thought that taking extra staff on would be a good idea. Of course, it may not be true but if it is someone may have to make way.
    Why extra staff?

He's already on the books so it's not like it's at extra cost

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He's already on the books so it's not like it's at extra cost
    If they forego a member of the playing squad then fine.

If they forego a member of the playing squad then fine.
    He's not retiring yet though. I assume he'll stay until the end of his contract as a player while studying to become a coach.

There's no extra cost or headcount anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He's not retiring yet though. I assume he'll stay until the end of his contract as a player while studying to become a coach.

There's no extra cost or headcount anywhere.
    I accept what you say but 20/21 season will be our last with the benefit of a parachute payment and after that there will be a big hole in our budget. 20/21 will also be the last year of the SB playing contract. So 21/22 Is a major concern and that is when there will be a lot of coats cut according to their cloth and that is when headcount matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Can only be a positive, great personality, knowledgeable of the game and has actually played for us. I wish we kept ex players on more often.
    Andy Legg, Scott Young and Bellers have all recently been involved with our Academy but all were moved on! If you look at all the top Premier League Managers, hardly any played at the top level! Also look at Warnock, very much a lower league player! However let’s hope Bamba is the exception but I fancy Warnock will take him if he ever gets another job!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Andy Legg, Scott Young and Bellers have all recently been involved with our Academy but all were moved on! If you look at all the top Premier League Managers, hardly any played at the top level! Also look at Warnock, very much a lower league player! However let’s hope Bamba is the exception but I fancy Warnock will take him if he ever gets another job!
    Yes that's a risk however I'm a told he and his family love the area ??

If he gets his badges , and we need to replace Harris he could go straight in as first team manager , Morrison would leave with Harris , it might be a smart affordable smart contingency move , especially as we may find ourselves in a different financial position and looking for best value options.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes that's a risk however I'm a told he and his family love the area ??

If he gets his badges , and we need to replace Harris he could go straight in as first team manager , Morrison would leave with Harris , it might be a smart affordable smart contingency move , especially as we may find ourselves in a different financial position and looking for best value options.
    Seems like a nice guy .

And he wants to coach .

Likes Cardiff.

Perfect for the job , ticks every box for me.

If it doesn't work out , I wouldn't mind having a go , part time of course. Quite busy with other projects.

Don't think Warnock did much coaching, his qualities were best suited to being a manager, and I'm wondering if Bamba is the same. I'm sure he will become good at it but not one I would peg as having the skills to move straight into the position. In fact, with his experience in different leagues and levels, his strong communication skills, the strength of his character and fondness for the City I would say it's a more natural move towards an upstairs role (aiming to move into DoF) rather than coach, although I am happy he'll still be around.