+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last Match of the Season tomorrow

Last Match of the Season tomorrow

I’m tempted to dress up in fancy dress for the day and then invade the back garden at 4:45pm

Re: Last Match of the Season tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    I’m tempted to dress up in fancy dress for the day and then invade the back garden at 4:45pm
    Why wait till 4.45pm? It's a 12.30pm kick off 😊

We could be in the playoffs if results go our way, so maybe not our last match.
    🐑🤨🐏

I might reproduce Ninian Park in my back garden for the occasion. There are some security lights that could do as floodlights, I have two original "dont move between seating and terrace areas" that can go between my upper and lower garden terrace and a shed which can double as the toilets! All I need now is a pitch and a turnstile for the side entrance. And a "beware of pickpockets" sign. Next door but two is a despatcher for WMP, so maybe he could lend a few "control and containment" officers for added realism. The school round the corner is no longer bussing students in so maybe borrow a few and put some Edwards signs on the side and get them to park along the road (other coach companies are available). You may detect an element of boredom creeping in here.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I might reproduce Ninian Park in my back garden for the occasion. There are some security lights that could do as floodlights, I have two original "dont move between seating and terrace areas" that can go between my upper and lower garden terrace and a shed which can double as the toilets! All I need now is a pitch and a turnstile for the side entrance. And a "beware of pickpockets" sign. Next door but two is a despatcher for WMP, so maybe he could lend a few "control and containment" officers for added realism. The school round the corner is no longer bussing students in so maybe borrow a few and put some Edwards signs on the side and get them to park along the road (other coach companies are available). You may detect an element of boredom creeping in here.
    We're all getting cabin fever.
    🤨

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why wait till 4.45pm? It's a 12.30pm kick off ��
    More drinking time?

Good point though I'd forgotten it was an early KO

Just make sure Dave Hunt doesn't turn up - there's such a thing as too much realism!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Just make sure Dave Hunt doesn't turn up - there's such a thing as too much realism!
    Hmm.. Mr Hunt is but two rows in front of me this season. Maybe a DH cardboard cut out will suffice? Along with a recording of his rantings....and a twenty foot scarf...for added realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    We could be in the playoffs if results go our way, so maybe not our last match.
    ������
    We'll win the play-off final this season, then the powers that be will declare the season void.

Do all the games kick off at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do all the games kick off at the same time?
    All the Championship matches were due to kick off at 12.30pm, if memory serves me correctly.

Hopefully we will be allowed on the pitch to celebrate

How do you plan to recreate the wafting stench of piss?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Hopefully we will be allowed on the pitch to celebrate
    I'm going to invade the drinks cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How do you plan to recreate the wafting stench of piss?
    My green wheelie bin has some purified grass swimming around in the rain water at the bottom. Smells of horse piss. It's near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm going to invade the drinks cabinet
    There are some ancient drinks lurking at the back of my drinks cabinet that would better be injected against CV:
    Icelandic Brenivin
    Tunisian Bouka
    Bulgarian Slivovic...homemade in a plastic bottle with cling film on the top in addition to a plastic cap. Looks rough but might give it a go if we get promoted. Indeed, the homemade stuff was used as a disinfectant, in Bulgaria, when a tic decided to make my bum crack its home.

If you have a few blue balloons a couple of plastic footballs and some crappy t-shirts don't forget to lob them into other people's gardens before you turn off the lights

My green wheelie bin has some purified grass swimming around in the rain water at the bottom. Smells of horse piss. It's near enough.
    That should say "putrified" My green wheelie does not double as a distillery. Could be an interesting lockdown project though.

Hmm.. Mr Hunt is but two rows in front of me this season. Maybe a DH cardboard cut out will suffice? Along with a recording of his rantings....and a twenty foot scarf...for added realism.
    Have you a lawn sprinkler? If so, you'll need to turn it on to recreate the amount of spittle that comes forth from Mr Hunt's mouth every time he get's way too excited and starts to rant. Which is roughly from the time the players start to warm up on the pitch to five or so minutes after the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Have you a lawn sprinkler? If so, you'll need to turn it on to recreate the amount of spittle that comes forth from Mr Hunt's mouth every time he get's way too excited and starts to rant. Which is roughly from the time the players start to warm up on the pitch to five or so minutes after the final whistle.
    Not forgetting his welcome for players outside the stadium.

Not forgetting his welcome for players outside the stadium.
    I'm not sure 'welcome' is the right word to use here. However I'm sure all the players and staff are aware he is several sandwiches short of a picnic. I've never witnessed one of his 'welcomes', thank feck. Do the players take it in good grace, or do they put their heads down and scuttle off as quickly as they possibly can, avoiding eye contact with him at all times?

I'm not sure 'welcome' is the right word to use here. However I'm sure all the players and staff are aware he is several sandwiches short of a picnic. I've never witnessed one of his 'welcomes', thank feck. Do the players take it in good grace, or do they put their heads down and scuttle off as quickly as they possibly can, avoiding eye contact with him at all times?
    The latter. I think someone posted that he had been banned from the players car park area due to his confrontational attitude. Similarly, if he shouts at players during the warm up, those that look up look down ASAP when they see who it is. I have changed my ST seat over the years. Problem is....so does Dai Hunt.

The latter. I think someone posted that he had been banned from the players car park area due to his confrontational attitude. Similarly, if he shouts at players during the warm up, those that look up look down ASAP when they see who it is. I have changed my ST seat over the years. Problem is....so does Dai Hunt.
    For one season, and one season only, I sat behind Dai Hunt on the Bob Bank. No wonder the seats there were available. For the two previous seasons I had sat in the lower Grandstand with my daughter in the Family Enclosure. Then we decided to move to the Bob Bank. I still shudder at the thought of some of the Dai-isms (and spittle) that escaped from his lips that season

For one season, and one season only, I sat behind Dai Hunt on the Bob Bank. No wonder the seats there were available. For the two previous seasons I had sat in the lower Grandstand with my daughter in the Family Enclosure. Then we decided to move to the Bob Bank. I still shudder at the thought of some of the Dai-isms (and spittle) that escaped from his lips that season
    Small world. We must have been behind you, to your left, on the Bob Bank near Dai Hunt. The police had a word with him on more than one occasion. Then we went to standing on the Bob Bank, in line with the penalty area Canton Stand End. Dai Hunt was behind us! Unfortunately GDPR means the TO cant tell me where his ST is for the next season. I think he was moved back about 8 rows in the Canton to be further away from the players during warm up....I moved forward and across a few rows and ended up nearer Dai. The Ninian is looking appealing next season....if there is one. Except standing isn't an option.