+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coffee shop open

Coffee shop open

First I’ve seen in a while. If you love yours fresh then head down to the one at the bottom of Cathays terrace, just before the bridge. Small things in life but my wife is buzzing and all her buddies have gone to lidl for essential shopping which is next door.....

Re: Coffee shop open

Yeah, noticed those arseholes early today - suspect they've been open before.

i am surprised drive thru's are not starting to reopen

its a fine line though, is a coffee a essential ? ?? no of course it isnt

but at what point do we start to try and get back to " normal "

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i am surprised drive thru's are not starting to reopen

its a fine line though, is a coffee a essential ? ?? no of course it isnt

but at what point do we start to try and get back to " normal "
    I thought take-aways and by extention drive-throughs (Which are take-aways) were exempt so I was fully expecting KFC on Western Ave to stay open. I went once then when I went again and it was closed I was gutted. I do lilke my KFC
    When they do open I wonder if asnyone will think of drive through pubs?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    First I’ve seen in a while. If you love yours fresh then head down to the one at the bottom of Cathays terrace, just before the bridge. Small things in life but my wife is buzzing and all her buddies have gone to lidl for essential shopping which is next door.....
    I suppose they could be shut down again at a moments notice.Chancing their arm maybe?

Wonder if they took the £10K on offer ???

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I thought take-aways and by extention drive-throughs (Which are take-aways) were exempt so I was fully expecting KFC on Western Ave to stay open. I went once then when I went again and it was closed I was gutted. I do lilke my KFC
    When they do open I wonder if asnyone will think of drive through pubs?
    Sure I read the KFC on Queens Street had reopened with a limited menu. Assuming takeaway or delivery only.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Yeah, noticed those arseholes early today - suspect they've been open before.
    Why arseholes, seems a nice guy whose wife is nhs on the front line, said he needed a day out the house for his mental well-being.
    Like millions of others no doubt.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sure I read the KFC on Queens Street had reopened with a limited menu. Assuming takeaway or delivery only.
    Now there’s one place that nobody would miss hey

The small independent ones by me have been open for about 3 weeks but are only allowed take away and 1 customer in the store at a time. Shops like that as long as they're safe should be fine imo. Especially independent ones that would likely go bust very quickly.

Now there’s one place that nobody would miss hey
    everyones's guts are in a far better state these days if KFC is closed! :shatyourselfsmiley:

I had a chunky chicken meal on city road I ordered outside the shop and went straight in and paid for it yesterday. Lovely
    Today I had a wok to walk on wellfield road for dinner. Only 2 in at a time.
    There was a coffee shop also open on corner opposite the Lloyds bank

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I had a chunky chicken meal on city road I ordered outside the shop and went straight in and paid for it yesterday. Lovely
    Today I had a wok to walk on wellfield road for dinner. Only 2 in at a time.
    There was a coffee shop also open on corner opposite the Lloyds bank
    You'll never wok alone....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You'll never wok alone....
    Unless you are Life on Mars. He says he will never wok again!

Examples like this are how I think we will be phased out of lockdown. Going to be tougher for businesses who rely more on customers eating in, but can't envisage any other way at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Examples like this are how I think we will be phased out of lockdown. Going to be tougher for businesses who rely more on customers eating in, but can't envisage any other way at the moment.
    Exactly, and good. If the risk is minimal then that's fine by me. If supermarkets can open and allow people to buy things that are not essential (that's about 70% of the goods in there) then why shouldn't take aways and coffee shops, all done at a safe distance. Things like this happening are small signs of normality creeping back in and should be celebrated, maybe with a coffee or a take away, crack on

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly, and good. If the risk is minimal then that's fine by me. If supermarkets can open and allow people to buy things that are not essential (that's about 70% of the goods in there) then why shouldn't take aways and coffee shops, all done at a safe distance. Things like this happening are small signs of normality creeping back in and should be celebrated, maybe with a coffee or a take away, crack on
    I was thinking about the supermarket thing the other whilst in Pontprennau Asda. Shoppers were browsing the clothing, hardware and household goods aisles as normal. I’d be a bit annoyed if I was a small independent shopkeeper stocking the same items and the wherewithal due to the size of my shop to limit the number of customers under social distancing rules. People were browsing the clothing in exactly the same manner as they would in Matalan, Primark etc, so even those large chains would be justified in having a bit of a gripe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I was thinking about the supermarket thing the other whilst in Pontprennau Asda. Shoppers were browsing the clothing, hardware and household goods aisles as normal. I’d be a bit annoyed if I was a small independent shopkeeper stocking the same items and the wherewithal due to the size of my shop to limit the number of customers under social distancing rules. People were browsing the clothing in exactly the same manner as they would in Matalan, Primark etc, so even those large chains would be justified in having a bit of a gripe as well.
    By George I think you've got it!

If anyone cares about its society they should shop , drink and eat at the independents as best as they can .

During this lockdown many Independents have been a life line for so many , let's hope we don't forget them in the future , even if it's a bit more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    By George I think you've got it!
    Subtle, Cyril, subtle

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If anyone cares about its society they should shop , drink and eat at the independents as best as they can .

During this lockdown many Independents have been a life line for so many , let's hope we don't forget them in the future , even if it's a bit more expensive.
    Which I've been doing.
    The big boys can look after themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Independent shops do absolutely **** all for 'society' usually one or two people making a fair few quid and employ people on minimum wage, although they do add to the high street which is something all communities need.