+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bradley Walsh

Bradley Walsh

Class act.

He seems to be on telly all the time these days.

Gotta be up there with the gameshow greats.... Forsythe, Monkhouse, Larry Grayson.

Re: Bradley Walsh

I don’t know what those other were like off camera but I appeared in The Chase once and saw no more of Bradley than u see on tv. There was precious little engagement or off screen banter. As soon as the cameras switched off he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I don’t know what those other were like off camera but I appeared in The Chase once and saw no more of Bradley than u see on tv. There was precious little engagement or off screen banter. As soon as the cameras switched off he was gone.
    How did you do?

Although one would like to think that BW is exactly the same person 24/7 it doesn't really surprise me what you say.
    He is after all working, doing his job and then switching off when all's done.
    Basically keeping his work/life balance in check.

Regarding the others, Brucie and Bob Monkhouse were masters of their time in light entertainment but it wouldn t surprise me to hear that they too were very different off camera.
    I threw Larry Grayson in there just for sgits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Although one would like to think that BW is exactly the same person 24/7 it doesn't really surprise me what you say.
    He is after all working, doing his job and then switching off when all's done.
    Basically keeping his work/life balance in check.

Regarding the others, Brucie and Bob Monkhouse were masters of their time in light entertainment but it wouldn t surprise me to hear that they too were very different off camera.
    I threw Larry Grayson in there just for sgits and giggles.
    I once knew a cameraman who did quite a lot of work for ITV on and off. As a side story, I discovered about his work about 20 years ago. He was a regular in my local. One day, we were playing someone, memory is saying Port Vale, in the league. For some reason, I looked up at the camera gantry dangling off the bob bank roof and, from a distance, thought I recognised the camerman but with no conviction. Having a lager or two that evening, I asked him if he was a cameraman and explained why. Indeed it was him, pulling out his press pass for the game as proof, before launching into a moan that in years gone by he'd have a runner to install all the cables, but now he was up and down that ladder several times taking and sorting his equipment out. He must have been in his early 60s at the time too.

He told me of a tale (totally unconfirmed, so no way of proving it correct or not), where he went with a journalist to interview Bruce Forsyth - he was a photographer on this occasion. Brucie gave them both a warm welcome, a healthy tot from an expensive decanter into crystal glasses. When Brucie discovered the journalist wasn't from one of the big magazines, he ordered them to leave and told them it wasn't in his interests to waste his time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I once knew a cameraman who did quite a lot of work for ITV on and off. As a side story, I discovered about his work about 20 years ago. He was a regular in my local. One day, we were playing someone, memory is saying Port Vale, in the league. For some reason, I looked up at the camera gantry dangling off the bob bank roof and, from a distance, thought I recognised the camerman but with no conviction. Having a lager or two that evening, I asked him if he was a cameraman and explained why. Indeed it was him, pulling out his press pass for the game as proof, before launching into a moan that in years gone by he'd have a runner to install all the cables, but now he was up and down that ladder several times taking and sorting his equipment out. He must have been in his early 60s at the time too.

He told me of a tale (totally unconfirmed, so no way of proving it correct or not), where he went with a journalist to interview Bruce Forsyth - he was a photographer on this occasion. Brucie gave them both a warm welcome, a healthy tot from an expensive decanter into crystal glasses. When Brucie discovered the journalist wasn't from one of the big magazines, he ordered them to leave and told them it wasn't in his interests to waste his time with them.
    Shame that. It could have been a big night if he'd played his cards right.

Shame that. It could have been a big night if he'd played his cards right.
    He found out he got nothing for a pair.

Nice to see him though!

Bruce was in charge

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    How did you do?
    I got caught.

First Team

I got caught.
    Wasn’t Walsh once on Watfords books or am I imaging that.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Wasn’t Walsh once on Watfords books or am I imaging that.
    Portsmouth. Liverpool and Tottenham from memory

Born in Watford, played for Brentford, I had to wiki the Watford but I knew he was with Brentford, honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    Born in Watford, played for Brentford, I had to wiki the Watford but I knew he was with Brentford, honest.
    Looked it up the other week, if I remember what I read he didn’t make a league appearance, ended up non league, got a bad injury quite young and moved up north to Weatherfield.

I got caught.
    my lad was on the show a few years ago. took his cashbuilder home and then beat the chaser with two others

I don't think much of beat the chasers.Pretty poor really.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I got it down as a bit of a stocking filler programme. I reckon a pilot week was made, it was realised that it wasn’t up to much but due to the thinning down of the soaps on ITV there was a bit of a time slot to fill and it was chucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I got it down as a bit of a stocking filler programme. I reckon a pilot week was made, it was realised that it wasn’t up to much but due to the thinning down of the soaps on ITV there was a bit of a time slot to fill and it was chucked in.
    I think I prefer "Beat the chasers" to "The Chase".

I'm not sure how contestants are chosen but it does have a randomness which adds to the entertainment.
    It's a bit like "Who wants to be a millionaire" but allowing Bradley Walsh to do a bit of ad hoc stand-up.

I think I prefer "Beat the chasers" to "The Chase".

I'm not sure how contestants are chosen but it does have a randomness which adds to the entertainment.
    It's a bit like "Who wants to be a millionaire" but allowing Bradley Walsh to do a bit of ad hoc stand-up.
    The way the chasers are acting with a little humour and a bit of fun, its a program thats s.posed to be a little lighthearted imho

its been 5 hours of entertainment for the week, so cannot be bad