+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Accidents Will Happen

Accidents Will Happen

had a mini fire in the kitchen earlier .my lad left the grill on with foil inside and burst into flames

everyone was in panic mode and as i was taking the grill plate out my lad only threw water over it making it even worse

managed to throw on floor then out through the back door burning the bottom of my foot in the process

so in hindsight think i should have taken grill plate out put onto floor and smother it with a damp cloth ?

anyone else panicked with a fire situation at home ?

Re: Accidents Will Happen

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    had a mini fire in the kitchen earlier .my lad left the grill on with foil inside and burst into flames

everyone was in panic mode and as i was taking the grill plate out my lad only threw water over it making it even worse

managed to throw on floor then out through the back door burning the bottom of my foot in the process

so in hindsight think i should have taken grill plate out put onto floor and smother it with a damp cloth ?

About 15 years ago, it was Boxing Day and we had family over for lunch. The table had been laid, the centre piece of which was a holly & candles decoration, it added a nice touch.
    Lunch was soon to be served, the decoration had already been lit.
    I was sat on the sofa watching TV, with the table behind me. My nephew came into the living room and saw the decoration had caught fire (I didn't smell anything). My immediate response was to open the patio doors and fling it out - the worst thing I could have done! The air from outside sucked the burning decoration clean off the table, onto both the carpet and curtains and was now broken up into a number of burning pieces.
    Luckily, neither the carpet or the curtains had time to catch fire before someone had got water from the kitchen.

International

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Did the smoke alarm activate?
    Remove the source of heat (Switch the cooker off or remove the tray.) Starve of oxyygen. (cloth over the top. Chances are if you were grilling something there was oil or fat involved somewhere along the line, you should never put water anywhere near it, it could explode. I trust your lad has now been educated to that fact!

I did find a box of matches once but told my mum....
    https://youtu.be/9HB0HcINjWs

Thanks Charlie