+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If The Season Doesn't Commence-Player Of The Year.

If The Season Doesn't Commence-Player Of The Year.

Nailed on Tomlin. Here's my question though, who would you put as 2nd and 3rd? That's a difficult one in my opinion as there hasn't been any real standout players.

Here's mine.

1-Tomlin

2-Curtis Nelson

3-Alex Smithies.

A bit of barrel scraping there, maybe i'm being unfair to Pato, although he's nailed on for Young Player Of The Year.

Re: If The Season Doesn't Commence-Player Of The Year.

Forgot to add-Try and give reasons why for 2nd and third, that should raise some debate-Don't bother about Tomlin, we all know why.

A most improved player (in season) Will Vaulks, been very impressive of late.

1.Tomlin

2. Smithies

3. Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Good shout although i reckon that it's a bit of a piss take honour to receive for an established Pro. It should go to an up and coming youngster who is making the break through i my opinion (Do we have any?) I'd be insulted if i won Most Improved

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good shout although i reckon that it's a bit of a piss take honour to receive for an established Pro. It should go to an up and coming youngster who is making the break through i my opinion (Do we have any?) I'd be insulted if i won Most Improved
    Yeah you can't be giving 'young player of the year' to a 25 year old, he's 26 in October.

The players HATE this category !!!!

“They call it, I used to be shite, but now I’m better” category

They take the piss out of whoever wins it

1. Tomlin
    2. Ralls
    3. Morrison/Smithies

Young player Sanderson

Most improved Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Yup, it's bad form. They're established and at the top of their Profession. Is it a supporters club accolade? If so. it needs to be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    1. Tomlin
    2. Ralls
    3. Morrison/Smithies

Young player Sanderson

Most improved Bacuna
    Forgot about Ralls, a fair shout i suppose. He does make a difference when he's playing.

Ok, let’s have ‘The Player Who’s Gone Back A Ton’ award......or would there be too many candidates?

Ok, let’s have ‘The Player Who’s Gone Back A Ton’ award......or would there be too many candidates?
    Joe Bennett would be the winner and the runner up to this award.

Sorry Joe.

Yup, it's bad form. They're established and at the top of their Profession. Is it a supporters club accolade? If so. it needs to be scrapped.
    Yes it’s a Supporters Club Award.

I tried for years, when I was on the committee, to get it changed , but no joy.

Jason Perry, was the one who asked me to get it changed OR even drop it !!

Aden Flint for the "Value for Money" award...

"Moment of the season" has to be THAT goal at Leeds.

Yes it’s a Supporters Club Award.

I tried for years, when I was on the committee, to get it changed , but no joy.

Jason Perry, was the one who asked me to get it changed OR even drop it !!
    I don't blame him. If i was a pro and i played the first half of the season poorly then i reckon that i'd continue to play poorly for the second half of the season so that there was no risk of me winning that accolade!

I don't blame him. If i was a pro and i played the first half of the season poorly then i reckon that i'd continue to play poorly for the second half of the season so that there was no risk of me winning that accolade!
    Just off the top of my head, something like “best substitute appearance”, where someone came on and changed a game.

Any other ideas??

Just off the top of my head, something like “best substitute appearance”, where someone came on and changed a game.

Any other ideas??
    'Moment of the season,' although it's difficult because there's always a bias towards creative brilliance within football and i suppose i can understand that.

'Moment of the season,' although it's difficult because there's always a bias towards creative brilliance within football and i suppose i can understand that.
    Tomlins assist and Glatzels equalising goal at Elland Road has got to be the moment of the season.

Thank fook for that moment of the season was when the ref blew for full time in the home game against Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    1. Tomlin
    2. Ralls
    3. Morrison/Smithies

Young player Sanderson

Most improved Bacuna
    Callum Paterson looked a cert for another young player of the year award until we signed Sanderson.

Nailed on Tomlin. Here's my question though, who would you put as 2nd and 3rd? That's a difficult one in my opinion as there hasn't been any real standout players.

Here's mine.

1-Tomlin

2-Curtis Nelson

3-Alex Smithies.

A bit of barrel scraping there, maybe i'm being unfair to Pato, although he's nailed on for Young Player Of The Year.
    Sorry, I wouldn't have made my comment about Sanderson if I'd noticed your Paterson comment. My top three;-

1. Tomlin.
    2. Smithies.
    3. Nelson, but it was really hard coming up with three deserving candidates, maybe Morrison over Nelson, but that's about it as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry, I wouldn't have made my comment about Sanderson if I'd noticed your Paterson comment. My top three;-

1. Tomlin.
    2. Smithies.
    3. Nelson, but it was really hard coming up with three deserving candidates, maybe Morrison over Nelson, but that's about it as far as I can see.
    I had it almost exactly the same as you. Was thinking Morrison because his form has picked up although he was poor while he sat next to flint. While i was composing the post i was going through the players and their attributes, and when i came to Bacuna i couldn't think of anything good or really bad. He perplexes me, i can't nail what type of player he is and what his strengths are apart from being very fit. Players like him seem to have a very long and lucrative careers and i just don't know how. Maybe there are quite a few managers who like a Bacuna type player, Honest, doesn't hide, works hard and isn't good or bad at anything.

I had it almost exactly the same as you. Was thinking Morrison because his form has picked up although he was poor while he sat next to flint. While i was composing the post i was going through the players and their attributes, and when i came to Bacuna i couldn't think of anything good or really bad. He perplexes me, i can't nail what type of player he is and what his strengths are apart from being very fit. Players like him seem to have a very long and lucrative careers and i just don't know how. Maybe there are quite a few managers who like a Bacuna type player, Honest, doesn't hide, works hard and isn't good or bad at anything.
    Great minds and all that - that's pretty much exactly what I think of Bacuna.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great minds and all that - that's pretty much exactly what I think of Bacuna.
    But worth the £3m+ fee we paid and a 4 and a half year contract ?