+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CITY CLASSIC | CARDIFF CITY vs LEICESTER | 2010 PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL | 2nd LEG

CITY CLASSIC | CARDIFF CITY vs LEICESTER | 2010 PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL | 2nd LEG

Phew ...What a game, more excitement in one game than a season of Warnockball

Re: CITY CLASSIC | CARDIFF CITY vs LEICESTER | 2010 PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL | 2nd LEG

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Phew ...What a game, more excitement in one game than a season of Warnockball

What a game!

What a night!

Re: CITY CLASSIC | CARDIFF CITY vs LEICESTER | 2010 PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL | 2nd LEG

I find it hard to think Whitts. is gone , what a servant for the club he was

Ist leg here, worth watching for Whitts. goal and Marshalls save.

great team, looks like ever player has been told to look up and play a forward pass every time they get the ball

Also, the runs Chopra makes are incredible, i dont even see him coming half the time, just pops up in the spaces behind the back line

What a difference from the football being played now. A great night that probably had everything in one match that you could hope for over a season, at the moment. Matches where you turned up expecting to win because players had the skill and the attitude to make it happen. Shame about the play-off final after that. RIP Whitts.

Wow.....terrific games...also shows how good Bothroyd was in getting past is man.

It’s so depressing when you compare what’s happened to us and Leicester since this game 😭

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    It’s so depressing when you compare what’s happened to us and Leicester since this game ��
    Nah, thats not right, what is depressing is the fact we did not make it with that team, we should have, oh that final !! We have had two promotions to the promised land, different managers, millions wasted time and again, Leicester did not make the same mistakes, cannot begrudge them their success.

Nah, thats not right, what is depressing is the fact we did not make it with that team, we should have, oh that final !! We have had two promotions to the promised land, different managers, millions wasted time and again, Leicester did not make the same mistakes, cannot begrudge them their success.
    Fair point. I would have loved to have seen that attack minded City team in the Prem!

Amazing night still.

I watched about 2 hours worth last night of DJ team City classic videos.

The year we lost to Blackpool we should have got an automatic place and once we lost Bothroyd in the final seem to lose heart ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I watched about 2 hours worth last night of DJ team City classic videos.

The year we lost to Blackpool we should have got an automatic place and once we lost Bothroyd in the final seem to lose heart ?
    That`s how I remember it too, although Holloway would have you believe it was his Masterclass that won it, a real painful day. I seem to remember a rumour or two that Moans blamed Bothroyd for declaring himself fit for the game only to come off within no time. That team should have gone up.

What a team we had then. Compare that with what we've had to watch for the last tow seasons. Whitts Chopra, Bothroyd and Burke going forward were a joy to wacth.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    What a team we had then. Compare that with what we've had to watch for the last tow seasons. Whitts Chopra, Bothroyd and Burke going forward were a joy to wacth.
    They were a joy some of the time. That's why they never went up

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Consistency was always the problem, it was either pleasure or pain. Looking back that group was the most talented and exciting , but failed at the final hurdle. I can`t help thinking one or two individuals and their ego cost us. But still among the very best in living memory for me.