+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Love Island has been cancelled

Love Island has been cancelled

Bit of a shame as I was on the short list to take part....

Re: Love Island has been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bit of a shame as I was on the short list to take part....
    I didn't know they were doing a special series for height challenged people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I didn't know they were doing a special series for height challenged people.
    That wouldn't be me.

Gutted. Not.

Frankie Boyle:
    This was pretty low on the list of viruses I thought would cancel Love Island

😂😂

Oh dear. Maybe they'll have to put a decent prog on in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Oh dear. Maybe they'll have to put a decent prog on in its place.
    It's ITV2 so probably not.

It's ITV2 so probably not.
    Probably re-run last year's show

As the BBC and ITV will have set aside slots to show this year's Euros, could they replace it by showing 2016?

This is actually gutting, Love Island is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This is actually gutting, Love Island is brilliant
    What is it?

I have heard the name but never watched it or read anything about it.

Am I missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What is it?

I have heard the name but never watched it or read anything about it.

Am I missing out?
    20-28 year olds, usually with no prior experience of celebrity culture, go to a villa and make teams of two; play games to "try to get to know each other"/entertain people at home; try to convince themselves and everyone else their brand new romantic relationship is genuine so have a chance of winning a cash prize. If they're not very convincing they get voted off into a world of "appearances" (having their photo taken) at night clubs and sponsored Instagram posts. Social media and traditional media becomes obsessed, becomes heavily critical, ITV stops caring after they leave the show until one of the young people's lives go wrong at which point everyone makes a statement about needing to be more caring....until the next series starts.

There are some bright moments: in 2017 one of the more "mature" contestants used the massive viewing figures to describe impact of conflict and how war creates victims long after the fighting stops.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    20-28 year olds, usually with no prior experience of celebrity culture, go to a villa and make teams of two; play games to "try to get to know each other"/entertain people at home; try to convince themselves and everyone else their brand new romantic relationship is genuine so have a chance of winning a cash prize. If they're not very convincing they get voted off into a world of "appearances" (having their photo taken) at night clubs and sponsored Instagram posts. Social media and traditional media becomes obsessed, becomes heavily critical, ITV stops caring after they leave the show until one of the young people's lives go wrong at which point everyone makes a statement about needing to be more caring....until the next series starts.
    It sounds like age discrimination to me, isn't there a law against this sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

There are some bright moments: in 2017 one of the more "mature" contestants used the massive viewing figures to describe impact of conflict and how war creates victims long after the fighting stops.
    It's kinda this but he's neglecting to mention that it's hugely entertaining and there's a 14 month aftercare package for contestants. Also the very thing that makes it entertaining is the fact that a lot of the romantic relationships are genuine therefore people's reactions to things happening in there are real, and also probably slightly familiar to some

It's kinda this but he's neglecting to mention that it's hugely entertaining and there's a 14 month aftercare package for contestants. Also the very thing that makes it entertaining is the fact that a lot of the romantic relationships are genuine therefore people's reactions to things happening in there are real, and also probably slightly familiar to some
    So why was Sludge a fan?

So why was Sludge a fan?
    Bikinis

Bikinis
    They wouldn't fit him, though.