+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If next season is behind closed doors would you still buy

If next season is behind closed doors would you still buy

The shirt? Or will they just use this seasons. Be a bit pointless if we had a new shirt sponsor

Re: If next season is behind closed doors would you still buy

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The shirt? Or will they just use this seasons. Be a bit pointless if we had a new shirt sponsor
    No, but I would buy a "season ticket" which enabled me to watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see how the club packages do cost a season ticket if the need occurs (which is likely). It’ll be even more interesting to see what the take up would be?

The club needs revenue so I presume when there is a decision on this season , they will advertise a season ticket which I suspect will be initially for streamed home games for 20/21 season ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    The club needs revenue so I presume when there is a decision on this season , they will advertise a season ticket which I suspect will be initially for streamed home games for 20/21 season ?
    I'd expect all clubs to pursue live streaming. It'll be interesting how the clubs cost the service and how they market it?

For the die hard supporters, I'm assuming little will matter. For the more fair weather customer I wonder what the take up will be?

It'll also be interesting to see what influence the current TV deals will have on any live streaming developments. I'm right in saying City can't show live games on stream in the UK for 3pm KOs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'd expect all clubs to pursue live streaming. It'll be interesting how the clubs cost the service and how they market it?

For the die hard supporters, I'm assuming little will matter. For the more fair weather customer I wonder what the take up will be?

It'll also be interesting to see what influence the current TV deals will have on any live streaming developments. I'm right in saying City can't show live games on stream in the UK for 3pm KOs?
    They do this for the Ice Hockey

I assume that law would be relaxed somewhat, isn't it only in place to prevent smaller clubs losing fans who's otherwise stay in the pub to watch the PL?

Also in terms of season ticket sales, there will be more thsn one person in houehold with one, thus no need for more than one person if streamed games

So you are prepared to pay to watch games without any fans in attendance in the stadiums, would be like watching a training match.

Quote Originally Posted by TERRY BLUE View Post
    So you are prepared to pay to watch games without any fans in attendance in the stadiums, would be like watching a training match.
    Of course I am, I've never bought a season ticket before to go to a game and watch the supporters and there's no way it would be like a training match where there are league points and promotion/relegation places at stake.

Of course I am, I've never bought a season ticket before to go to a game and watch the supporters and there's no way it would be like a training match where there are league points and promotion/relegation places at stake.
    I respect your views and it may be the only revenue stream coming in to keep clubs going but I will not be paying to watch any games televised without crowds. I know you don't go to a normal game to watch the crowd but it's a bloody big part of the matchday experience.I personally don't think many will pay to watch these games but willing to be proved wrong.

I respect your views and it may be the only revenue stream coming in to keep clubs going but I will not be paying to watch any games televised without crowds. I know you don't go to a normal game to watch the crowd but it's a bloody big part of the matchday experience.I personally don't think many will pay to watch these games but willing to be proved wrong.
    I think you're probably right, there will be many who think like you - I think there's a very good chance that you will find out whether you are right as well because I feel that it's very likely that is how football will restart.

I think you're probably right, there will be many who think like you - I think there's a very good chance that you will find out whether you are right as well because I feel that it's very likely that is how football will restart.

No ones getting my aisle seat

International

how many millions will Pub owners be claiming back from Sky and BT for not being able to use the facilty they paid for due to government lock down instructions.
    that might dent their ability to pay for games.

I've paid to watch games with no graphics and no sound whatsoever. Believe me, you'll want to watch games as they happen. It'll be a little strange without the crowd, but I should imagine you'd get used to it sooner than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've paid to watch games with no graphics and no sound whatsoever. Believe me, you'll want to watch games as they happen. It'll be a little strange without the crowd, but I should imagine you'd get used to it sooner than you think.
    I'd pay to watch behind closed doors games, no problem. I usually put games on mute if i watch them on TV, i find that i take much more in.

Anybody fancy a pint in a virtual pub before the next game?

I already have a virtual Beach Bar for family and friends on the weekend and could easily add a virtual 'Nininan Park' pub although numbers wouldhave to be severely limited....

I think the law against showing 3pm games live on tv was relaxed a few weeks ago.
    If all games are televised live next season I wonder if some fans will, after 85 mins, either turn off the tv or go an watch the remainder of the game from the stairs, to replicate their usual habits.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think the law against showing 3pm games live on tv was relaxed a few weeks ago.
    If all games are televised live next season I wonder if some fans will, after 85 mins, either turn off the tv or go an watch the remainder of the game from the stairs, to replicate their usual habits.
    For the away games I’ll still be making a bit of grub up and putting a few cans in the fridge on a Friday night. Up early on Saturday, first can about 8am, pull a few chairs about two feet apart and wander up and down them, turning left and right to have a chat with my imaginary friends. Put a bucket on the washing machine, stand on it and have a piss when it’s on spin cycle. Have the upstairs telly on from about quarter to two while I’m downstairs having another drink, run upstairs to catch the kick off at one minute to three looking for a spare bit of space on the bed...........f*ck me, it’s the away games I miss

Banned

What's the point in football if there are no crowds?

Totally agree with you. There’s something about a crowd that adds another factor. Tribalism.

Not sure how it’s going to all play out. If we do do pay for games, then revenue will be cut by quite a lot (tickets at £15-30, 2-4 people on average going from a household) them now gone to £5-10 for whole household to stream.

Will that mean they also then don’t get their sky and BT money.

It’s all one big mess and all about money.

i only ever buy the shirt at the end of the season when its a third of the price or in a charity shop

I wouldn't;t pay for anything. If we could only watch behind closed doors games on a stream, I wouldn't bother. football for me is about going to the game and mixing with friends. until that time returns I couldn't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What's the point in football if there are no crowds?
    Personally, I’d struggle with watching a game without a crowd although I managed it during the 80s.

I’m interested what the take up would be. If all clubs sold live streams of their games, I wonder if some would chose to watch other teams instead of City?

I got to say I have been working all through the Lockdown and I count myself as being lucky.
    But when you work all week and the week end comes it's shit without something to look forward to.
    I'd love it if the City were playing behind closed doors as aposed to no football at all.
    It would only be a temporary measure.