+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If next season is behind closed doors would you still buy

Re: If next season is behind closed doors would you still buy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, but I would buy a "season ticket" which enabled me to watch the games.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've paid to watch games with no graphics and no sound whatsoever. Believe me, you'll want to watch games as they happen. It'll be a little strange without the crowd, but I should imagine you'd get used to it sooner than you think.
    Same. And also games with foreign commentary. I can handle it sometimes but not all the time, so they get muted and it's quite a strange experience at first watching a silent screen but it doesn't take long to get used to. I don't particularly like it,but I also like seeing the games live so I put up with it..

I've been buying the streaming season tickets every year we've had them and I won't be doing it without crowds. I couldn't think of anything more dull than watching week after week of that.

Football should just take a break until we can all go back. This kind of thing will only suit the Premier League clubs who will get millions of subscribers buying in. Sky and BT will have to offer a 'follow your club' kind of package. I couldn't imagine people wanting to watch games involving teams they don't support.

How much cash does 18000 ST generate for the club roughly? If the club said we need it to survive would you buy one as usual just for one season knowing you can’t go to games? A lot of lower league clubs and the odd former “model” run football clubs might not survive this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I've been buying the streaming season tickets every year we've had them and I won't be doing it without crowds. I couldn't think of anything more dull than watching week after week of that.

Football should just take a break until we can all go back. This kind of thing will only suit the Premier League clubs who will get millions of subscribers buying in. Sky and BT will have to offer a 'follow your club' kind of package. I couldn't imagine people wanting to watch games involving teams they don't support.
    Say we were top of the league after ten games in a behind closed doors league, would you buy one then?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Say we were top of the league after ten games in a behind closed doors league, would you buy one then?
    It’s a risk of alienating supporters and turning people off football