+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stabbings in Penygraig.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stabbings in Penygraig.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if any section of the population is going to be adversely affected by things like government cuts and the corona virus , it's people with mental health problems

It's always been the same

For many years unwell people have been released early from hospital into the community with threadbare support and those in the community already dont get the support they need

She seems to have been suffering from some kind of psychosis , if the reports about her hearing voices are true

People with mental health problems are rarely a danger to others , they are more likely to be victims of assault and crime

It's clearly a terrible but thankfully rare incident but I am surprised that there are not more given the pressure the doctors and nurses are under to free up beds . People are always going to slip through the net with regards to mental health .
    Problem is that people in her situation are difficult to access at the moment, although you would have thought that local authorities would've drawn up some kind of critical list for those people who were most at risk of causing harm to themselves or others. It's the same with kids on the 'At Risk' register, social services and support workers cant access these kids and they're not in school where they can be monitored to a certain degree. There will be secondary groups who suffer due to this virus and it'll be those people in the poorest areas and the most vulnerable who rely on services as their support network.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Problem is that people in her situation are difficult to access at the moment, although you would have thought that local authorities would've drawn up some kind of critical list for those people who were most at risk of causing harm to themselves or others. It's the same with kids on the 'At Risk' register, social services and support workers cant access these kids and they're not in school where they can be monitored to a certain degree. There will be secondary groups who suffer due to this virus and it'll be those people in the poorest areas and the most vulnerable who rely on services as their support network.

Understand what you say but I don't get that last bit. Shirley these are the poeple that the care workers would be most concerned about and the ones who they would still check even if they were working less hours.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Understand what you say but I don't get that last bit. Shirley these are the poeple that the care workers would be most concerned about and the ones who they would still check even if they were working less hours.
    They can't check them as they're not allowed to access the properties is what i'm led to believe. The authorities can access the through Face time and that sort of thing i believe but it isn't the same as face to face care. Some people with severe mental health problems have a support network through the local authority, everyday stuff that support workers help out with, taking medication and just having a chat. That low level monitoring system isn't really happening at the present time.