+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stabbings in Penygraig.

Re: Stabbings in Penygraig.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sludge how do you know so much about this woman's personal metal problems and her srug prescriptions? I thought that shit was medical in confidence?
    Well I am taking the view that if she was an inpatient for mental health problems , she was seriously ill and if she was in for several months she would probably be suffering from psychosis and if that psychosis was treatment resistant, she would be on the big gun , clozapine , which is a last resort . She was an inpatient for 5 months , that means she had a serious mental health condition , something that you initially suggested was supposition . It clearly isnt . The police will always quite rightly arrest a person in such an awful incident but over time the authorities will work together and realise a manslaughter charge and plea is appropriate .

Heisenberg

Whilst i grasp your point, not all people who do this kind of murderous thing have all these mental health issues. sometimes they are just bad people and sometimes a little bit of both.
    But it seems today that there are no villains, they are all victims.
    Do you think someone in good mental health would stab four people in a shop without apparent ulterior motive - e.g. robbing the place? If it turns out that it was pre-meditated then that's a different story.

As for the victim/villain angle, I don't excuse the act in any way, but if (big if) her mental health issues had not been addressed by the correct authorities then it just adds to the tragedy of it and one would wonder whether it could have been prevented.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Do you think someone in good mental health would stab four people in a shop without apparent ulterior motive - e.g. robbing the place? If it turns out that it was pre-meditated then that's a different story.

As for the victim/villain angle, I don't excuse the act in any way, but if (big if) her mental health issues had not been addressed by the correct authorities then it just adds to the tragedy of it and one would wonder whether it could have been prevented.
    I think if you check you'll find people in places like London, Birmingham and other cities are stabbing people for no good reason almost daily. Like the young girl stabbed to death in as London park several moths ago for nothing.
    The woman was carrying the knife in a public place for a purpose. That in itself proves premeditation. Should every person with mental heath issues be excused stabbing someone else to death? A recipe for carnage if you ask me.

I think if you check you'll find people in places like London, Birmingham and other cities are stabbing people for no good reason almost daily. Like the young girl stabbed to death in as London park several moths ago for nothing.
    The woman was carrying the knife in a public place for a purpose. That in itself proves premeditation. Should every person with mental heath issues be excused stabbing someone else to death? A recipe for carnage if you ask me.
    All the systems fault if you listen to Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Always the systems fault with you, Sludge but now excusing murder is beggars belief.

How about some of these junkie wrong uns take responsibility for their own actions for a change.
    You do know that people who are inflicted with a serious mental illness cannot act rationally. I don't know what your excuse is ? However, judging from the way you appear to be unable to empathise with those who suffer from serious illness , I'd suggest you have psychopathic tendencies yourself.

There you go again making all the excuses for her behaviour.

You swear you are the only person on this forum who has suffered mental health issues ffs.

People will never learn to stand on their own two feet whilst we’ve got apologists like you making excuses for their criminal behaviour.

Let’s not forget the real victim in all this. An 88 year old man. I’d like to see you patronise his family with your no one is to blame, we are all victims diatribe.
    Dear oh dear , you are angry today

I know lots of people who have suffered mental health problems both on here and in my social circle .

It appears this woman has just been released from a psychiatric hospital and has been hearing voices , shes clearly unwell

You have no idea if this woman was an illegal drugs user , no idea at all

Do you think people can take responsibility for severe mental illness ? Illnesses that make them paranoid , afraid , suicidal and rarely but sometimes homicidal ?

Are you having a laugh ?

They need treatment like someone with cancer , kidney failure , heart disease , arthritis , dementia , etc

There are , at present two victims in this incident , the poor old 88 year old and his family and the young woman and her loved ones

Now if it transpires that this woman was shooting up heroin or had stopped taking her anti psychotic medication then shes likely to be up before the beak

But if the anti psychotic medication she was put on in hospital stopped working or she wasn't given the depot injection at the right time then shes unwell and will be tried as such .

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

What about the two 16 year olds in London who just randomly chased and killed a passer by this week. Shall we excuse them too? They can’t have been same to do something like that. Must have been mental health. Must be the systems fault not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dear oh dear , you are angry today

I know lots of people who have suffered mental health problems both on here and in my social circle .

It appears this woman has just been released from a psychiatric hospital and has been hearing voices , shes clearly unwell

You have no idea if this woman was an illegal drugs user , no idea at all

Do you think people can take responsibility for severe mental illness ? Illnesses that make them paranoid , afraid , suicidal and rarely but sometimes homicidal ?

Are you having a laugh ?

They need treatment like someone with cancer , kidney failure , heart disease , arthritis , dementia , etc

There are , at present two victims in this incident , the poor old 88 year old and his family and the young woman and her loved ones

Now if it transpires that this woman was shooting up heroin or had stopped taking her anti psychotic medication then shes likely to be up before the beak

But if the anti psychotic medication she was put on in hospital stopped working or she wasn't given the depot injection at the right time then shes unwell and will be tried as such .
    How do you know what I know?

And if she has severe mental illness as a result of taking drugs through choice then I have no sympathy. Learn to stand on your own two feet and beat your addictions and stop blaming everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not any longer, I now go to Asda for my custard .
    What a strange, childish reply.

Should every person with mental heath issues be excused stabbing someone else to death? A recipe for carnage if you ask me.

I don't think anybody is excusing murder.

People who are ill, need treatment. I think that what you and JR fail to realise is that mental illness is as real as a physical illness.

Do you people think that paraplegics are scrounging off the state and that they should get off their lazy arses and do an honest days work ?

You boys are stuck in the 1950s .

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The care system for mental health is appalling. I had experience with them for a family member over the last 5 or 6 years and when someone was seriously ill they didn't want to know, we had to fight tooth and nail to get that person in to hospital. Post hospital care was non existent. As soon as they can they shove them back out in to the community with little or no support.I accept the NHS is underfunded in every department , but with a so called focus on mental health the facilities are hopeless. And that was before this epidemic. Lord know what it must be like now?

As far one poster above I'd like your opinion in the future should you need support from this resource, and when everyone else calls you a junkie wrong un. Not all mental health patients have drug issues.
    Ain't that the truth , its dreadful

Cancer ? .......oh you poor thing , flowers cards , visits , follow up care

Mental health ? Crap services , it must be your fault , pull yourself together

Heisenberg

I literally said in my post I didn't excuse it... Are you reading what you want to read, xsnaggle?

In regards to the stabbings in the places that you've mentioned, you've said there was "no good reason" for them. That's completely different to no reason whatsoever. The specific one that led to the death of that young girl was gang related and a case of mistaken identity... That's not a good comparison to make to this situation, is it?

For any doubt you may have on my opinion, I think this lady in Penygraig commited a crime and needs to face the consequences. But there also needs to be focus on whether she was missed by the correct authorities that could have lead to this tragedy not occurring. I honestly don't see how you can argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

People who are ill, need treatment. I think that what you and JR fail to realise is that mental illness is as real as a physical illness.

Do you people think that paraplegics are scrounging off the state and that they should get off their lazy arses and do an honest days work ?

Don’t patronise me on mental illness I’ve had my own battles with it and continue to, but I don’t use it as a blameless get out to excuse all sorts of behaviour like Sludge does.

Sludge how do you know so much about this woman's personal metal problems and her srug prescriptions? I thought that shit was medical in confidence?
    He said 'If'

Whilst i grasp your point, not all people who do this kind of murderous thing have all these mental health issues. sometimes they are just bad people and sometimes a little bit of both.
    But it seems today that there are no villains, they are all victims.
    That's very true but it's clear that this young woman had a severe mental illness , she had just been released from 5 months in hospital .......that's a long stay in a mental health facility

Heisenberg

What about the two 16 year olds in London who just randomly chased and killed a passer by this week. Shall we excuse them too? They can’t have been same to do something like that. Must have been mental health. Must be the systems fault not theirs.
    ****ing hell, another one missing the content of my post and coming up with their own narrative. I explicitly said that I didn't excuse it and I have explained my opinions very clearly on the subject. If you can't be bothered to read it properly then don't bother responding.

Ain't that the truth , its dreadful

Cancer ? .......oh you poor thing , flowers cards , visits , follow up care

Mental health ? Crap services , it must be your fault , pull yourself together
    I don’t think you can get cancer as a result of self abuse

International

This has nothing to do with paralegia or any physical condition.
    Why do you assume that we know nothing of mental illness? It is not only arrogant to assume something like that it is also completely wrong. Try writing that bit again.

Well its thankfully for the courts and mental health professionals to decide, not you thank christ

You sound like mengele

Don’t patronise me on mental illness I’ve had my own battles with it and continue to, but I don’t use it as a blameless get out to excuse all sorts of behaviour like Sludge does.
    We aren't talking anxiety and mild depression. We are talking schizoid disorders. People literally don't have a feckin clue what they are doing. I just don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that not all people are like you. Not everyone has the means that you have. You need to take a serious look at yourself beyond your personal struggles.

This has nothing to do with paralegia or any physical condition.
    Why do you assume that we know nothing of mental illness? It is not only arrogant to assume something like that it is also completely wrong. Try writing that bit again.
    Well to be fair you are both acting like a pair of ignorant idiots

JR Hartley may well have experience of mental ill health but has he suffered with psychosis and been hearing voices and been locked up for 5 months in a psychiatric institution ?

If he has he might have some insight into this girls plight

If he hasnt he will have to stop acting like a foam mouthed swivel eyed chap and get out of the dark ages and wait to see if this woman was a drug addict or she was seriously mentally ill

This has nothing to do with paralegia or any physical condition..
    It does actually. Some mental illnesses are as debilitating as some physical conditions. You have kind of reinforced the point I was making regarding your interpretation of mental illness with this opening sentence.

We aren't talking anxiety and mild depression. We are talking schizoid disorders. People literally don't have a feckin clue what they are doing. I just don't understand why it's so difficult to understand that not all people are like you. Not everyone has the means that you have. You need to take a serious look at yourself beyond your personal struggles.
    Hes stuck in the dark ages , just because someone has struggled with mental health problems doesn't mean they know anything about psychosis , bi polar psychosis , paranoid schizophrenia , psychotic depression etc . People with psychosis lose touch with reality , peoplexwith depression and anxiety are unwell but they dont hear voices telling them to stab someone .

You are wasting your time with people like this , fully paid up members of the flat earth society

Yup, these people are mostly a danger to themselves or their erratic behaviour can be as simple as picking up rubbish in the street. Then there's that small percentage that need monitoring because like you said, their illness is very deep and if they're not managed or they lose their support network then the consequences can be devastating. Can you imagine if the remedy to severe mental health problems was a good dose of 'Pull yourself together' it would be sorted in no time!

International

Well to be fair you are both acting like a pair of ignorant idiots

JR Hartley may well have experience of mental ill health but has he suffered with psychosis and been hearing voices and been locked up for 5 months in a psychiatric institution ?

If he has he might have some insight into this girls plight

If he hasnt he will have to stop acting like a foam mouthed swivel eyed chap and get out of the dark ages and wait to see if this woman was a drug addict or she was seriously mentally ill
    Can I ask you again sludge. how do you know this? how do you have insight to her mental condition and treatment? As I already said, I thought all that would be medical in confidence. I just wonder that's all.