+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stabbings in Penygraig.

Stabbings in Penygraig.

I see it's made the national news today - anyone use the shop where it happened?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52549770

Re: Stabbings in Penygraig.

Not any longer, I now go to Asda for my custard .

This is another side effect of covid.
    Obviously this woman has mental issues, and under normal circumstances would have been seen by a crisis team, but with health care focusing on covid, they are not seeing people such as this

International

This is supposition again, your opinion dressed as fact "Obviously"
    I agree that she probably does have mental issiers but it isn't confirmed nor has any mention of her mental health been metioned in the news. She was in court in Cardiff today and remanded for Crown court and again no metion of her mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not any longer, I now go to Asda for my custard .
    Has somebody died??

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This is supposition again, your opinion dressed as fact "Obviously"
    I agree that she probably does have mental issiers but it isn't confirmed nor has any mention of her mental health been metioned in the news. She was in court in Cardiff today and remanded for Crown court and again no metion of her mental health.
    Here's one of several news reports which states the murder accused spent five months in a mental health facility prior to being released six weeks ago.

Single mother, 29, who was released from mental health treatment before lockdown is charged with murder after church warden, 88, was stabbed to death in attack at Co-op in south Wales - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ath-Wales.html

International

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's one of several news reports which states the murder accused spent five months in a mental health facility prior to being released six weeks ago.

Single mother, 29, who was released from mental health treatment before lockdown is charged with murder after church warden, 88, was stabbed to death in attack at Co-op in south Wales - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ath-Wales.html
    Not seen that before and not mentioned in other reports. Thanks!! In that case it makes you wonder why shewas preleased as it was apparently before lockdown.

If true so sad for every person involved

Can i drop a 'Pun' into this thread or is Penygraig a bit close to home?

Well if any section of the population is going to be adversely affected by things like government cuts and the corona virus , it's people with mental health problems

It's always been the same

For many years unwell people have been released early from hospital into the community with threadbare support and those in the community already dont get the support they need

She seems to have been suffering from some kind of psychosis , if the reports about her hearing voices are true

People with mental health problems are rarely a danger to others , they are more likely to be victims of assault and crime

It's clearly a terrible but thankfully rare incident but I am surprised that there are not more given the pressure the doctors and nurses are under to free up beds . People are always going to slip through the net with regards to mental health .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if any section of the population is going to be adversely affected by things like government cuts and the corona virus , it's people with mental health problems

For many years unwell people have been released early from hospital into the community with threadbare support and those in the community already dont get the support they need

She seems to have been suffering from some kind of psychosis , if the reports about her hearing voices are true

People with mental health problems are rarely a danger to others , they are more likely to be victims of assault and crime

It's clearly a terrible but thankfully rare incident but I am surprised that there are not more given the pressure the doctors and nurses are under to free up beds . People are always going to slip through the net with regards to mental health .
    Problem is that people in her situation are difficult to access at the moment, although you would have thought that local authorities would've drawn up some kind of critical list for those people who were most at risk of causing harm to themselves or others. It's the same with kids on the 'At Risk' register, social services and support workers cant access these kids and they're not in school where they can be monitored to a certain degree. There will be secondary groups who suffer due to this virus and it'll be those people in the poorest areas and the most vulnerable who rely on services as their support network.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Problem is that people in her situation are difficult to access at the moment, although you would have thought that local authorities would've drawn up some kind of critical list for those people who were most at risk of causing harm to themselves or others. It's the same with kids on the 'At Risk' register, social services and support workers cant access these kids and they're not in school where they can be monitored to a certain degree. There will be secondary groups who suffer due to this virus and it'll be those people in the poorest areas and the most vulnerable who rely on services as their support network.

Understand what you say but I don't get that last bit. Shirley these are the poeple that the care workers would be most concerned about and the ones who they would still check even if they were working less hours.

[/COLOR]
    Understand what you say but I don't get that last bit. Shirley these are the poeple that the care workers would be most concerned about and the ones who they would still check even if they were working less hours.
    For the last ten years social services has seen huge cuts , they were a threadbare service before , now they simply dont have enough people to cope , even with those at risk

[/COLOR]
    They can't check them as they're not allowed to access the properties is what i'm led to believe. The authorities can access the through Face time and that sort of thing i believe but it isn't the same as face to face care. Some people with severe mental health problems have a support network through the local authority, everyday stuff that support workers help out with, taking medication and just having a chat. That low level monitoring system isn't really happening at the present time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They can't check them as they're not allowed to access the properties is what i'm led to believe. The authorities can access the through Face time and that sort of thing i believe but it isn't the same as face to face care. Some people with severe mental health problems have a support network through the local authority, everyday stuff that support workers help out with, taking medication and just having a chat. That low level monitoring system isn't really happening at the present time.
    It certainly isnt

The community mental health teams consisting of psychiatrists, psychologists , psychiatric nurses , occupational therapists which do a great job under severe pressure at the best of times are basically phoning up very ill and vulnerable people to check on them when they need intensive one on one support

People with mental health problems are suffering terribly yet we only hear about people getting their operations cancelled . For people with serious mental health problems the lack of support and contact is literally a matter of life and death .

It certainly isnt

The community mental health teams consisting of psychiatrists, psychologists , psychiatric nurses , occupational therapists which do a great job under severe pressure at the best of times are basically phoning up very ill and vulnerable people to check on them when they need intensive one on one support

People with mental health problems are suffering terribly yet we only hear about people getting their operations cancelled . For people with serious mental health problems the lack of support and contact is literally a matter of life and death .
    Agree, we have a long way to go when it comes to Mental Health. It's all well and good having campaigns and celebrity awareness drives, but we need the services that can cope with the demand. I know people who have been in an awful state, plucked up the courage to seek medical help then are told that they have to wait 3-4 months before they can access counselling services.

Overall crime rate down 28%, incidents of domestic violence up 3%. Have no idea what the suicide rate is since lockdown started but it's a fair bet to be higher than corresponding dates of prior years.

Overall crime rate down 28%, incidents of domestic violence up 3%. Have no idea what the suicide rate is since lockdown started but it's a fair bet to be higher than corresponding dates of prior years.
    I reckon that we'll see a shitstorm of issues when this is over. The media wont report it as domestic violence and suicide just isn't sexy enough.

Always the systems fault with you, Sludge but now excusing murder is beggars belief.

How about some of these junkie wrong uns take responsibility for their own actions for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Always the systems fault with you, Sludge but now excusing murder is beggars belief.

How about some of these junkie wrong uns take responsibility for their own actions for a change.
    If someone has a severe mental illness and hears voices then they are ill and if she is assessed by two psychiatrists as having a severe mental illness she wont be on trial for murder , because under the law , it wont be murder , it will be manslaughter .......is that clear enough for you ?

The care system for those with mental illness is shocking and it is the systems fault , full stop .

If this woman was a junkie , and there is no suggestion she is at present , unless you know different .....please do share , then that will be taken into consideration by the courts as she may have a drug induced psychosis .

But psychosis can happen to anyone , at anytime , even you and it's far more likely that shes battled paranoid schizophrenia for some time and it's got nothing to do with drugs . It may well be that her anti psychotic medication , administered by injection if its clozapine for severe illness, was not administered due to lack of staff , which is down to lack of resources , so it's very much a system and funding problem .

Asking seriously ill mental health patients to take responsibility for their lives is like asking a woman with breast cancer to sort herself out and stop moaning

International

If someone has a severe mental illness and hears voices then they are ill and if she is assessed by two psychiatrists as having a severe mental illness she wont be on trial for murder , because under the law , it wont be murder , it will be manslaughter .......is that clear enough for you ?

The care system for those with mental illness is shocking and it is the systems fault , full stop .

If this woman was a junkie , and there is no suggestion she is at present , unless you know different .....please do share , then that will be taken into consideration by the courts as she may have a drug induced psychosis .

But psychosis can happen to anyone , at anytime , even you and it's far more likely that shes battled paranoid schizophrenia for some time and it's got nothing to do with drugs . It may well be that her anti psychotic medication , administered by injection if its clozapine for severe illness, was not administered due to lack of staff , which is down to lack of resources , so it's very much a system and funding problem .

Asking seriously ill mental health patients to take responsibility for their lives is like asking a woman with breast cancer to sort herself out and stop moaning
    Sludge how do you know so much about this woman's personal metal problems and her srug prescriptions? I thought that shit was medical in confidence?

The care system for mental health is appalling. I had experience with them for a family member over the last 5 or 6 years and when someone was seriously ill they didn't want to know, we had to fight tooth and nail to get that person in to hospital. Post hospital care was non existent. As soon as they can they shove them back out in to the community with little or no support.I accept the NHS is underfunded in every department , but with a so called focus on mental health the facilities are hopeless. And that was before this epidemic. Lord know what it must be like now?

As far one poster above I'd like your opinion in the future should you need support from this resource, and when everyone else calls you a junkie wrong un. Not all mental health patients have drug issues.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The care system for mental health is appalling. I had experience with them for a family member over the last 5 or 6 years and when someone was seriously ill they didn't want to know, we had to fight tooth and nail to get that person in to hospital. Post hospital care was non existent. As soon as they can they shove them back out in to the community with little or no support.I accept the NHS is underfunded in every department , but with a so called focus on mental health the facilities are hopeless. And that was before this epidemic. Lord know what it must be like now?

As far one poster above I'd like your opinion in the future should you need support from this resource, and when everyone else calls you a junkie wrong un. Not all mental health patients have drug issues.
    Whilst i grasp your point, not all people who do this kind of murderous thing have all these mental health issues. sometimes they are just bad people and sometimes a little bit of both.
    But it seems today that there are no villains, they are all victims.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

I’ve needed them and they were a waste of time. When I had a nervous breakdown and was suicidal they were hopeless.

Unlike Sludge and his ilk who take no responsibility for ones actions, always blaming the government or the system, I blame no one but myself for my recreational drug use and gambling addiction which led to mental health issues.

Too much molly coddling by the Sludges of this world telling wrong uns it’s not their fault is part of the problem.

There you go again making all the excuses for her behaviour.

You swear you are the only person on this forum who has suffered mental health issues ffs.

People will never learn to stand on their own two feet whilst we’ve got apologists like you making excuses for their criminal behaviour.

Let’s not forget the real victim in all this. An 88 year old man. I’d like to see you patronise his family with your no one is to blame, we are all victims diatribe.