+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any stock market dabblers on here?

Re: Any stock market dabblers on here?

I don’t it’ll fully recover but it’ll improve from being grounded. People are still travelling for business and holidays after this.

Are there actually flights at the moment? I honestly just assumed there were none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are there actually flights at the moment? I honestly just assumed there were none at all.
    50-60 flights a day into Heathrow. Loads into the UK from Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For who?
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    50-60 flights a day into Heathrow. Loads into the UK from Ireland.
    Air freight is huge

Banned

Easy Jet losing £5m a day. Virgin in financial difficulty, Virgin Australian bust and Flybe gone out of business. The Independent's Simon Calder reckons a number of other airlines are likely to go under and, while IAG are possibly less risky than others, I think there are plenty of other sectors that will do better. Don't forget one of the golden rules of investing is "Don't catch a falling knife". In other words don't buy shares that have fallen more heavily than others just because they look cheap.

When Boris makes his announcement tomorrow the media are saying he will impose lockdown arrangements for 2 weeks on all passengers arriving in the UK. There are a couple of airlines still operating some routes and some about to start. (IAG propose starting some routes from 1 July.) There is a suggestion that this announcement will prove to be the death knell for several airlines meaning even the stronger one's shares are likely to fall even further.
    Croesy is investing in IAG which is not in quite the same predicament, although BA have announced they are no longer flying from Gatwick I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The companies getting bailouts from the taxpayers. Viva La Capitalism!
    Do you think its a bad thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Croesy is investing in IAG which is not in quite the same predicament, although BA have announced they are no longer flying from Gatwick I think.
    What happens tot he flights already booked from Gatwick?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Everyone

I'm sure all those who died directly as a result of austerity would differ.

I bought stocks in Boeing after 9/11. I should have bought Lockheed Martin. Oh well. I still made a profit. I wanted to buy Continental Airlines but but my broker taklked me out of it. I shouldn't have listened. I'd be tempted to buy a major airline like United again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I was wrong, they are cutting flights from Gatwick.

International

A good percentage of the UK's fresh fruit and veg comes in daily by airfreight.
    I can recall satanding on the paron in Gatwick see a plane literally full of boxes of courgettes being unloaded at 7 o'clock in the morinng. Came from jordan or somewhere.

We apparently grow 60% of our food here, hopefully it will be a lot more after this. Let’s get self sufficient. We should have each local community having a patch growing stuff like they do all over Cuba.

Heisenberg

Do you think its a bad thing ?
    I was talking only in relation to the corporations run by multi-millionaires and billionaires who have leeched off the Govt. - they can f**k off. Making sure that smaller, independent companies and businesses are going to survive the pandemic is definitely the right thing to do in my book.

Easy Jet losing £5m a day. Virgin in financial difficulty, Virgin Australian bust and Flybe gone out of business. The Independent's Simon Calder reckons a number of other airlines are likely to go under and, while IAG are possibly less risky than others, I think there are plenty of other sectors that will do better. Don't forget one of the golden rules of investing is "Don't catch a falling knife". In other words don't buy shares that have fallen more heavily than others just because they look cheap.

When Boris makes his announcement tomorrow the media are saying he will impose lockdown arrangements for 2 weeks on all passengers arriving in the UK. There are a couple of airlines still operating some routes and some about to start. (IAG propose starting some routes from 1 July.) There is a suggestion that this announcement will prove to be the death knell for several airlines meaning even the stronger one's shares are likely to fall even further.
    IAG up 15% since this today. Might only be temporary but wish I'd bought more now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    IAG up 15% since this today. Might only be temporary but wish I'd bought more now.
    Stock markets have taken a big bounce, FTSE above 6000 today. Glencore I've made 10% so far, up 7.6% today.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    But the shares are down 16.64% over 1 month but are up 1.73% over the last 5 days so today's rise is somewhat misleading. Whether you win or lose depends when they are bought.

Banned

But the shares are down 16.64% over 1 month but are up 1.73% over the last 5 days so today's rise is somewhat misleading. Whether you win or lose depends when they are bought.
    Yeah, wondering when Croesy bought his shares.

they are rebooking seats from other airports OR trying to get you on a partner airline ( i guess mainly Delta ) , no need to do anything, they will do it all, just check your " my booking " ,as the routes from Gatwick closed so did the use of the 747's , so thats BA, Virgin and Lufthansa all ditching the ageing 747's, Delta have just retired all 777's aswell, so looking like the smaller planes will be the only option, cheaper to run though, thus less carbon footprint

i believe the old virgin planes end up at st Athans to be ripped down

Yeah that’s how shares work isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they are rebooking seats from other airports OR trying to get you on a partner airline ( i guess mainly Delta ) , no need to do anything, they will do it all, just check your " my booking " ,as the routes from Gatwick closed so did the use of the 747's , so thats BA, Virgin and Lufthansa all ditching the ageing 747's, Delta have just retired all 777's aswell, so looking like the smaller planes will be the only option, cheaper to run though, thus less carbon footprint

i believe the old virgin planes end up at st Athans to be ripped down
    Some airlines, including Air France and Emirates, are even dumping the A380. I think there are a couple of Virgin A340's at St Athan. These planes are newish in aviation terms but they are uneconomical to run as they have 4 engines. However, I wonder if the lower oil prices might make airlines change their minds.

No mention of Bitcoin, I feel for you

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Insider said betting expert.
    I loved ASE he was very articulate and a great poster. He was one of the few people I used to scan the page to see if he started any new posts

But his betting posts were fantastic

3 pages on why he’s picked a 1/5 on team

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yeah, wondering when Croesy bought his shares.
    They’re up 30% since I bought them now. Still a good chance they’ll drop again, but I always thought they’d bounce back eventually.

Exactly. I think the 2 biggest bounces happened on the stock market during the collapse in 1920's