+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VE Day

Re: VE Day

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why?
    First and last paragraph. She seems to think it's all about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    First and last paragraph. She seems to think it's all about her.
    She's giving her opinion. I didn't see anything wrong in that. Her last paragraph is also right. People going out every Thursday clapping for the NHS then stupidly ignoring the lockdown, especially for VE day. Idiots, each and every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I have a picture of my mum she is 5, it is a VE street party picture.
    There must be 50 people in it and only 1 of them is a man and he is an elderly gentleman.
    The majority of all the men in her street had either made the ultimate sacrifice or were still overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nah. Not at all. I can see that my comment could be read in two different ways and I apologise for any ambiguity and I realise that it could have been grammatically structured better for the purposes of clarity - but I don't stereotype people across the board like you do. If I ever do come over like that please pipe up as I would hate to think that I harbour ludicrous prejudices like you do.
    I don't harbour any prejudices and I hope you don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    She's giving her opinion. I didn't see anything wrong in that. Her last paragraph is also right. People going out every Thursday clapping for the NHS then stupidly ignoring the lockdown, especially for VE day. Idiots, each and every one of them.
    Nothing wrong in giving an opinion and the piss heads that waste NHS workers time are a disgrace all year round. I picked up on the clapping thing when it first started and the hypocrisy involved with some people. I suggested that essential workers should be backed up every day of the year, not just when the shit hits the fan and that maybe people should take an hour or so out of their busy shopping schedule in joining them when they protest over pay and conditions, that would make a massive difference. It's not likely though, is it?
    My main beef with this women's opinion is the stupid language she uses, like loosing the last grains of hope with humanity and that she doesn't want anyone to clap for her anymore. She has a platform right now to say what is needed, and so do the unions, they've got this shithouse government cornered. An emotive text on Twitter panders to the cretins, it has no credibility.

I'd also add that some people are thriving on the attention garnered by this pandemic. I have four nurses in my family, one being my wife. None of them have wings, they're not angels, they're workers like the rest of us in a god awful position at the moment. The ones close to me are saying that it isn't that bad now, they're coping. They don't want sycophantic clapping or patronising comments, they don't pay the bills or feed the kids. A bit of solidarity would be nice when needed though, if people could get of their arses to join them in protest against this austerity led government. Nurses have had an effectual pay cut over the last 12 years and staffing levels are thread bare. That's the big issue every day of every year, so what I recommend is that people take some real time out to back them up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nothing wrong in giving an opinion and the piss heads that waste NHS workers time are a disgrace all year round. I picked up on the clapping thing when it first started and the hypocrisy involved with some people. I suggested that essential workers should be backed up every day of the year, not just when the shit hits the fan and that maybe people should take an hour or so out of their busy shopping schedule in joining them when they protest over pay and conditions, that would make a massive difference. It's not likely though, is it?
    My main beef with this women's opinion is the stupid language she uses, like loosing the last grains of hope with humanity and that she doesn't want anyone to clap for her anymore. She has a platform right now to say what is needed, and so do the unions, they've got this shithouse government cornered. An emotive text on Twitter panders to the cretins, it has no credibility.

I'd also add that some people are thriving on the attention garnered by this pandemic. I have four nurses in my family, one being my wife. None of them have wings, they're not angels, they're workers like the rest of us in a god awful position at the moment. The ones close to me are saying that it isn't that bad now, they're coping. They don't want sycophantic clapping or patronising comments, they don't pay the bills or feed the kids. A bit of solidarity would be nice when needed though, if people could get of their arses to join them in protest against this austerity led government. Nurses have had an effectual pay cut over the last 12 years and staffing levels are thread bare. That's the big issue every day of every year, so what I recommend is that people take some real time out to back them up.
    My wife has responded to the plea on TV for more people to work in the care sector, to come forward and help them cope.
    She has applied for over 30 positions. About 25 of those never replied and the others all wanted at least a minimum of 6 months experience, several course certificates and access to a car. this even though the advert say no experience required.
    If she cannot get a job in the first place how is she supposed to get experience doing the job?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My wife has responded to the plea on TV for more people to work in the care sector, to come forward and help them cope.
    She has applied for over 30 positions. About 25 of those never replied and the others all wanted at least a minimum of 6 months experience, several course certificates and access to a car. this even though the advert say no experience required.
    If she cannot get a job in the first place how is she supposed to get experience doing the job?
    Sounds like your wife has applied to care homes and domiciliary care settings, usually run by agencies (correct me if I'm wrong)I'm surprised that she was asked for prior experience as the care sector is desperate for staff, I think that it has one of the highest turnover rate o staff in any industry. Problem is that slot of these job descriptions are full of shit, these private care companies are constantly recruiting in order to replenish an already leaking bucket. Well done to your wife for making herself available.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I don't harbour any prejudices and I hope you don't either.
    Oh, come on, who are trying to fool? Your incessant anti-English prejudices pop up ad infinitum and define you on here.
    And in your 'England is a lost cause' thread (another anti-English rant) you stated to another poster that you are not xenophobic about the English, accused that poster of being a 'snowflake' (a pathetically lame response to any difference of opinion) and that you admire the English for 'Their dutifulness and their determination, their ability to worship authority.'

The latter quote IS ludicrous stereotyping and downright silly prejudice.

P.S. I'm not English, by the way. I just dislike such parochial nonsense that you spout endlessly and without any attempt at balance, fairness and nuance.

I pride myself on balance and fairness, which is something you don't seem to possess TBG.

I pride myself on balance and fairness, which is something you don't seem to possess TBG.

International