+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tenby And Saundersfoot

Re: Tenby And Saundersfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Great walk. Rounded off by a pint in the Swan?
    The point at Little Haven where you can see the whole of St Brides bay one of my favourite places in Pembrokeshire.
    Been a bit of a controversy in the Havens over the amount of 2nd home owners who escaped down here.
    A walk to the druidstone hotel is nice, what a day to do that today. Pop down Druidstone beach, catch the tide right and you can be locked in your own private beach for 3 hours until the tide goes out again....had some awesome times on that tiny cove.

I’m posh so I go to Lydstep

Stay in my uncles apartment in Saundersfoot a few times a year. I have missed it this year.

Stroll through the tunnels to Wisemans Bridge for a liquid lunch, stroll back and have a few more drinks in Saundersfoot the perfect Saturday afternoon when the sun is shining.

Chinese take away from Sao Mao is always a highlight of a weekend in Saundersfoot too.

Tenbys a bit more hussle and bussle but I do enjoy going over there too. Especially for a Feccis.

Manorbier for body boarding too.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I used to go fishing off the sea wall at saundersfoot

We used to stay at hedges caravan park

Great days
    I could teach you a thing or two about fishing. You should buy my book.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stay in my uncles apartment in Saundersfoot a few times a year. I have missed it this year.

Stroll through the tunnels to Wisemans Bridge for a liquid lunch, stroll back and have a few more drinks in Saundersfoot the perfect Saturday afternoon when the sun is shining.

Chinese take away from Sao Mao is always a highlight of a weekend in Saundersfoot too.

Tenbys a bit more hussle and bussle but I do enjoy going over there too. Especially for a Feccis.

Manorbier for body boarding too.
    Stayed at Wisemans bridge at a camp site,it had an old iron works there.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Stayed at Wisemans bridge at a camp site,it had an old iron works there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It was in the top three of my best holidays'

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Has there? I’ve got a place down there, it’s registered as a business let and has been for 10 years. Haven’t even considered going down as the kids would have more fun here at home to be honest. I might pop down in a week or two ( I can on my own as it’s a business not a 2nd home) as I desperately need to paint the place before the deluge of people booking at the moment arrrive in July.
    The amount of enquiries I’ve had this week from people who were booked to go to France or spain is crazy......
    Yes, loads of locals up in arms about the amount of 2nd home owners down there. Not being funny but dont expect a warm welcome if you're spotted.
    Police are very active too at Penblwin and Kilgetty so you need to get your excuses ready.
    Ps if you're registered and rated as a business you will be due £10000. Hope you've applied.

A walk to the druidstone hotel is nice, what a day to do that today. Pop down Druidstone beach, catch the tide right and you can be locked in your own private beach for 3 hours until the tide goes out again....had some awesome times on that tiny cove.
    Druidstone is a superb setting but the shabby chic decor doesn't do it for me. Needs tens of thousands spent on it to bring it to the standard it deserves.
    Did you ever spot that Palestinian flag flying from a half buried house nearby?

Yes, loads of locals up in arms about the amount of 2nd home owners down there. Not being funny but dont expect a warm welcome if you're spotted.
    Police are very active too at Penblwin and Kilgetty so you need to get your excuses ready.
    Ps if you're registered and rated as a business you will be due £10000. Hope you've applied.
    A warm welcome? In Pembrokeshire....lol that would never happen despite me living in the house for a few years, owning it for 20 and my uncle and dad actually building it in 1975 after buying the land off a farmer. I know in Little Haven something like 75% of the houses are second homes, most be from England or London in particular, the odd MP possibly too. I’m up the rd in the lanes but have sea views all across st brides bay to st davids which most in the havens don’t!
    Btw I got the grant yesterday! Happy days

Druidstone is a superb setting but the shabby chic decor doesn't do it for me. Needs tens of thousands spent on it to bring it to the standard it deserves.
    Did you ever spot that Palestinian flag flying from a half buried house nearby?
    I got married there 12 years ago, a day just like today in fact. They like it shabby to keep people away, never the friendliest but had some amazing lock ins there back in the day. The son has taken it over now after both his folks recently died but I don’t think it will ever change much. Do you mean the teletubby house? With grass in the roof? Somehow an ex mp got permission to build that there in the coastal park, amazing as it’s almost impossible to do anything.....

Have been down there in the last week, unfortunately my elderly mum had some falls so we had to look after her 24/7 ahead of getting her in to a home up here in Cardiff on Thursday. Eerie to see how quiet Tenby was when collecting a prescription a few days ago. Had the pleasure of living in Saundersfoot in my teens and twenties, frequented the Sands, Night Owl and Chequers. Working at Kiln Park for a few summers was great fun.

I got married there 12 years ago, a day just like today in fact. They like it shabby to keep people away, never the friendliest but had some amazing lock ins there back in the day. The son has taken it over now after both his folks recently died but I don’t think it will ever change much. Do you mean the teletubby house? With grass in the roof? Somehow an ex mp got permission to build that there in the coastal park, amazing as it’s almost impossible to do anything.....
    Yep Bob Marshall former barrister and Labour MP owns the semi buried house, been helpful a few times with the local Labour party. We can only speculate how he got pp.
    Great setting for a wedding but still not convinced by the shabby chic.

A warm welcome? In Pembrokeshire....lol that would never happen despite me living in the house for a few years, owning it for 20 and my uncle and dad actually building it in 1975 after buying the land off a farmer. I know in Little Haven something like 75% of the houses are second homes, most be from England or London in particular, the odd MP possibly too. I’m up the rd in the lanes but have sea views all across st brides bay to st davids which most in the havens don’t!
    Btw I got the grant yesterday! Happy days
    I've lived down this way 35 years and as I say I'm almost a local. You are never truly accepted amongst unless you were born here. As a result pretty well all my friends and aquaintances, many who I've met through the labour party, are also incomers.
    I suspect the same is true for many other rural parts. Cornwall is notorious for its unfriendly ness to incomers.
    You've got a great spot there. Dont know why you dont live back down here. Neighbour's may not be friendly but the environment more than makes up.
    Ps seriously I would not advise coming down yet. You are very likely to be stopped and fined by Heddlu.

I've lived down this way 35 years and as I say I'm almost a local. You are never truly accepted amongst unless you were born here. As a result pretty well all my friends and aquaintances, many who I've met through the labour party, are also incomers.
    I suspect the same is true for many other rural parts. Cornwall is notorious for its unfriendly ness to incomers.
    You've got a great spot there. Dont know why you dont live back down here. Neighbour's may not be friendly but the environment more than makes up.
    Ps seriously I would not advise coming down yet. You are very likely to be stopped and fined by Heddlu.
    I was going to find out if I’m allowed to come down on my own in fact! Haven’t felt the need as yet, home schooling kids and bits of work here in Cardiff but I do need to get down there to paint decking and outside walls before punters turn up in June/July.
    I was advised as it’s registered as a business not a 2nd home I was allowed, ie checking up on my business. Be good to know before I make the journey....

Love broadhaven - where’s your place?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Love broadhaven - where’s your place?
    Overlooking b haven up on a hill......

I was going to find out if I’m allowed to come down on my own in fact! Haven’t felt the need as yet, home schooling kids and bits of work here in Cardiff but I do need to get down there to paint decking and outside walls before punters turn up in June/July.
    I was advised as it’s registered as a business not a 2nd home I was allowed, ie checking up on my business. Be good to know before I make the journey....
    Yes, do be careful. At the very least take some evidence with you.Heddlu have got the wind in their sails down here. Putting on Twitter every time they stop and fine anyone.
    Safe journey.