+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Re: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Those who are asking why they can't go to pubs might want to know that it is being reported that South Korea's decision to close bars and clubs in Seoul because of a new outbreak of fifty cases is being put down to the actions of one person in their twenties who visited many different clubs in one night

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Has there been much covid there? I doubt it? Maybe that’s why? Bit like in wales, but we have to suffer on for a few more weeks yet....
    Tom Moody played cricket for Western Australia and for his country and happened to mention in a sports programme I watched yesterday that there had only been eight death from COVID in the whole state (its biggest city Perth has a population of something like two thirds the size of Wales) - we've had 8 people die of this f*cking virus in Treherbert! Wales' figures may not look bad compared to England, but they are bad, worse than most other European countries and worse, proportionately than Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ok , other than the obvious Jersey is tiny compared to the UK .

My mates are playing golf over there today , only two balls. They are allowed to visit friends a maximum of 4 people which is getting raised next week.
    Pubs are reopening next week . With social distancing .

My friends painting and decorating business is back to work on Monday , all on outside jobs but they are back in work.

Surely if we were sensible , we are quite capable of keeping our distance from each other and going about our business?

your right and I've highlighted the important bit ,in fact can't I understand why golf courses were shut down anyways

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales' figures may not look bad compared to England, but they are bad, worse than most other European countries and worse, proportionately than Scotland.
    New Zealand - population 4.8 million, deaths with Covid-19 = 21

Wales - population 3.1 million, deaths with Covid-19 = 1,111

New Zealand closed its borders to foreigners on 19th March and introduced a mandatory 14-day quarantine for any of its returning residents on 9th April.

Apparently, Boris and Co are thinking of introducing similar measures at the end of May.

The stupid people will always be about.

Are you saying life wont be able to get back to some kind of normality because we have to cater for stupid people?
    Not everyone gets drunk out of their minds because the local pub is open.
    Pretty much. I agree with your point about pubs, but at certain times of the week some of them do attract idiots. There needs to be a strategy to deal with that or we have repeats of Friday night in many places.

I am 99% certain that the reason this lockdown hasn't been relaxed sooner is because stupid people haven't followed this one properly and wouldn't follow the relaxed rules. While people wilfully neglect the rules, the more difficult it is to lower the numbers dying.

They're the ones spoiling it for the rest

Tom Moody played cricket for Western Australia and for his country and happened to mention in a sports programme I watched yesterday that there had only been eight death from COVID in the whole state (its biggest city Perth has a population of something like two thirds the size of Wales) - we've had 8 people die of this f*cking virus in Treherbert! Wales' figures may not look bad compared to England, but they are bad, worse than most other European countries and worse, proportionately than Scotland.
    Think Perth is about a million people, it’s such an isolated city mind, I spent 2 years in Oz and still never made it over the nullarbor......wish I had now mind. 200 deaths in Cardiff county (600,000) almost half of which are in care homes I heard. Surely that’s a low amount and shows we have adhered to the lockdown? How low do we go before we can ease some restrictions and concentrate on track and trace?

Those who are asking why they can't go to pubs might want to know that it is being reported that South Korea's decision to close bars and clubs in Seoul because of a new outbreak of fifty cases is being put down to the actions of one person in their twenties who visited many different clubs in one night
    I would question opening pubs myself . There would have to be a capability to keep your 2 metres from others.
    South Korea did appear to have dealt with the virus particularly well originally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    New Zealand - population 4.8 million, deaths with Covid-19 = 21

Wales - population 3.1 million, deaths with Covid-19 = 1,111

New Zealand closed its borders to foreigners on 19th March and introduced a mandatory 14-day quarantine for any of its returning residents on 9th April.

Apparently, Boris and Co are thinking of introducing similar measures at the end of May.

Aren't New Zealand and Australia are opening their borders to each other with unrestricted travel?

I would question opening pubs myself . There would have to be a capability to keep your 2 metres from others.
    South Korea did appear to have dealt with the virus particularly well originally.
    Interesting about one person infecting others by going to several bars. Maybe when things do open here in about 5 years yo7 will only be allowed to visit one venue or restaurant on a night out.....

Aren't New Zealand and Australia are opening their borders to each other with unrestricted travel?
    Possibly....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Apparently, some pubs are doing Take Away pints according to the Observer. Imagine carrying them home.
    Supermarket essential shopping rule applies. Place bottles (or cans) in your car boot after purchase.

I read something interesting last week about Taiwan - but can't find it now (in the Guardian I think).

If I remember rightly they have not imposed a lockdown - but they have tested and traced early and thoroughly, and have required social distancing which the population have followed. They have had very few cases and very few deaths, and have managed (even with social distancing) to minimise the economic impact.

They were out of the loop earlier in the pandemic because of their relationship with China - and outside the normal WHO circulation list too I think. I don't know how exposed they were to the original outbreak but they clearly had the virus come across their border and have done something different from most others that seems to have worked. Quick and decisive action, carried out with an informed public giving their consent, and staying ahead of the curve - not playing catch up.

Think Perth is about a million people, it’s such an isolated city mind, I spent 2 years in Oz and still never made it over the nullarbor......wish I had now mind. 200 deaths in Cardiff county (600,000) almost half of which are in care homes I heard. Surely that’s a low amount and shows we have adhered to the lockdown? How low do we go before we can ease some restrictions and concentrate on track and trace?
    The population of Perth in 2016 was 1.985 million. Let's discount all those people in care homes in Cardiff and the Vale who have died for now then and say it's only 100 who have died - only five people have died in Norwich apparently, so twenty times that doesn't look good does it. Similarly, Wales has a lot of counties where the virus has not made too big an impact so that helps our figures, but the ones for counties like Gwent, Cardiff and the Vale and RCT are poor compared to many similar sized places in England.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Certainly not my mate. Didn't see many ethnic groups celebrating VE day, which is a surprise don't you think considering what the Colonies did in helping to defeat Fascism. Let's face it, these kind of events are white middle class, seems like they're celebrating the Away Win.

More than played their part imo and got nothing but a good kick in the bollocks and a reminder to keep in their place

My brother in law had a takeaway pint in a beer garden in London yesterday

Seen a few painter and decorators doing outside jobs.

I’ve yet to see any police trying to enforce lockdown. It’s not been a strict lockdown.

I’m neither left nor right but it does seem to me the ones screaming for lockdown and going mental at any sort of easement are the lefties who just want to bash the government and are happy to sit on their jacks for 80% not looking at the bigger picture long term.

We can’t shut down indefinitely until a vaccine is found, it may never be found. Unfortunately we are going to have to learn to live with covid and come up with solutions within each sector / industry / business to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My brother in law had a takeaway pint in a beer garden in London yesterday

Seen a few painter and decorators doing outside jobs.

I’ve yet to see any police trying to enforce lockdown. It’s not been a strict lockdown.

I’m neither left nor right but it does seem to me the ones screaming for lockdown and going mental at any sort of easement are the lefties who just want to bash the government and are happy to sit on their jacks for 80% not looking at the bigger picture long term.

We can’t shut down indefinitely until a vaccine is found, it may never be found. Unfortunately we are going to have to learn to live with covid and come up with solutions within each sector / industry / business to do so.
    Unfortunately there’s some due to the lack of governing of the lockdown who’ll never get the chance to ‘learn to live’ with it .

I’m neither left nor right but it does seem to me the ones screaming for lockdown and going mental at any sort of easement are the lefties who just want to bash the government and are happy to sit on their jacks for 80% not looking at the bigger picture long term
    What a load of utter crap.Four of my work mates are very left wing and they can not wait to go back to full time work.

Would Perth have large gatherings like the millennium stadium events , higher ethnic mix , does it suffer from high levels of obesity , have busy transport links and flowththough , which can all cause wider spread of this virus ???

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I’m neither left nor right but it does seem to me the ones screaming for lockdown and going mental at any sort of easement are the lefties who just want to bash the government and are happy to sit on their jacks for 80% not looking at the bigger picture long term
    What a load of utter crap.Four of my work mates are very left wing and they can not wait to go back to full time work.
    Not utter crap at all. All the ones on here and twitter I see foaming at the mouth over the thought of easing the lockdown are lefties and Welsh natzis.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Unfortunately there’s some due to the lack of governing of the lockdown who’ll never get the chance to ‘learn to live’ with it .
    And that is unfortunate but we cant just shutdown until a vaccine is found we’ve got to come up with ways of trying to get the economy going otherwise the cure will be the worse than the virus.

People die. That’s not to sound as harsh as it does but thousands of people would have died already in the UK this year without the pandemic.

Not utter crap at all. All the ones on here and twitter I see foaming at the mouth over the thought of easing the lockdown are lefties and Welsh natzis.
    Do the Welsh Nazis march and meet in large gatherings, might explain our R rating ??

And that is unfortunate but we cant just shutdown until a vaccine is found we’ve got to come up with ways of trying to get the economy going otherwise the cure will be the worse than the virus.

People die. That’s not to sound as harsh as it does but thousands of people would have died already in the UK this year without the pandemic.
    Nevermind that, more people will have died due to covid than of it soon. Maybe the government realise they have to get the economy going at some point or else everything is ****ed anyway. I dread to think of the amount of missed cancer appointments, just to name one important medical issue, that’s being missed right now. We have to slowly open up at some point......

So which of your family and friends would you sacrifice? No-one ever seems to be able to answer that question, probably because there is no answer. It's always easier to say "people die" etc, when they're not a part of your life. Ask people who have lost loved ones to this virus whether the economy is more important. I bet you'll struggle to find many.

FWIW I thought the Prime Minister got things pretty much right tonight. There should be opportunities for people to work, providing social distancing can be observed. There should be more opportunities for outdoor recreation as long as social distancing can be observed. I thought he did well to put the ball into the hands of the public. Act like idiots, create a second wave of this virus and the lockdown will get tighter. Act responsibly, get the number of cases and deaths down, and there can be further relaxations of the lockdown. It's up to us, but up to us all. If too many people act irresponsibly, we'll all suffer as a result, both in terms of a harsher lockdown with stiffer penalties and in terms of people dying of Covid-19.

Thousands less than have actually died this year, as proven by the ONS figures published every Tuesday.

I am going to do this thing again that never seems to get a response but who are you talking about specifically?