+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Ok , other than the obvious Jersey is tiny compared to the UK .

My mates are playing golf over there today , only two balls. They are allowed to visit friends a maximum of 4 people which is getting raised next week.
    Pubs are reopening next week . With social distancing .

My friends painting and decorating business is back to work on Monday , all on outside jobs but they are back in work.

Surely if we were sensible , we are quite capable of keeping our distance from each other and going about our business?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

No evidence to suggest that a lot of folk are in any way sensible if Fridays VE bbq and piss reports up are anything to go by

Do your friends live there? Or are they visiting?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    No evidence to suggest that a lot of folk are in any way sensible if Fridays VE bbq and piss reports up are anything to go by
    And loads of people at some Market in Hackney, picnics in parks etc. The photos that i saw were certainly not a cross section of Hackney's population. It looked like the entitled white middle class who seem to think that going out and buying artisan bread is an essential.

There are some stupid people in Jersey as well.

Didn't the party goers keep their social distance?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

There was a post on here about the A&E department at Royal Glamorgan being put at risk by so many pissed up people falling over drunk and having to go to hospital

There was a post on here about the A&E department at Royal Glamorgan being put at risk by so many pissed up people falling over drunk and having to go to hospital
    Echoed by a couple of people I know who work in different A&E departments. Both reckon Friday night was bonkers. One, who works in Princess of Wales, said she knew of colleagues who suffered verbal abuse by some drunks and police had to invervene.

I cannot imagine how social distancing would work in pubs. A queuing system, like the supermarkets, wouldn't work - generally people display patience outside Tesco, but I can't see that level of patience happening. The first night pubs are allowed to reopen will see crowds going out. Pubs won't have the capacity to deal with that, so what happens then? People buying cans and bottles from local shops and getting pissed on the pavement?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Do your friends live there? Or are they visiting?
    They live there.
    I don't think you can travel to Jersey at the moment.

I had ferry tickets for Easter , sailing was cancelled , ferry company have offered to rebook. If I want a refund that will be a couple of months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Echoed by a couple of people I know who work in different A&E departments. Both reckon Friday night was bonkers. One, who works in Princess of Wales, said she knew of colleagues who suffered verbal abuse by some drunks and police had to invervene.

I cannot imagine how social distancing would work in pubs. A queuing system, like the supermarkets, wouldn't work - generally people display patience outside Tesco, but I can't see that level of patience happening. The first night pubs are allowed to reopen will see crowds going out. Pubs won't have the capacity to deal with that, so what happens then? People buying cans and bottles from local shops and getting pissed on the pavement?
    The stupid people will always be about.

Are you saying life wont be able to get back to some kind of normality because we have to cater for stupid people?
    Not everyone gets drunk out of their minds because the local pub is open.

Some probably did, these dicks however...

https://twitter.com/Arjan22G/status/...180016640?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Some probably did, these dicks however...

https://twitter.com/Arjan22G/status/...180016640?s=20
    Every jingoistic stereotype in that clip and not a black face on offer. Should be sponsered by the Sun. Isn't there just something awful about it? (apart from the spread of Covid 19)

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Every jingoistic stereotype in that clip and not a black face on offer. Should be sponsered by the Sun. Isn't there just something awful about it? (apart from the spread of Covid 19)
    What is the relevance of whether there are any black folks in the scene or not? The guy holding the camera may have been black for all you know.
    It seems like you are trying to make something racist out of nothing.

And loads of people at some Market in Hackney, picnics in parks etc. The photos that i saw were certainly not a cross section of Hackney's population. It looked like the entitled white middle class who seem to think that going out and buying artisan bread is an essential.
    I live in Hackney and London fields is the same most days when I run past. People are morons unfortunately. Victoria park nearby has people patrolling it, no idea why London fields doesn’t.

It’s still less than 5% of what you’d get on a normal bank holiday but why people have to be so stupid and selfish is beyond me.

That whole scene makes me

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What is the relevance of whether there are any black folks in the scene or not? The guy holding the camera may have been black for all you know.
    It seems like you are trying to make something racist out of nothing.
    Certainly not my mate. Didn't see many ethnic groups celebrating VE day, which is a surprise don't you think considering what the Colonies did in helping to defeat Fascism. Let's face it, these kind of events are white middle class, seems like they're celebrating the Away Win.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That whole scene makes me
    With you Delm.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I live in Hackney and London fields is the same most days when I run past. People are morons unfortunately. Victoria park nearby has people patrolling it, no idea why London fields doesn’t.

It’s still less than 5% of what you’d get on a normal bank holiday but why people have to be so stupid and selfish is beyond me.
    In my opinion there's a sense of entitlement within some groups of the population who have a bit more disposable income.

I wonder if Taunton Blue Genie has ever been to Jersey?

So no one knows or is interested why we are allowed to visit the garden centre but not the pub?

International

So no one knows or is interested why we are allowed to visit the garden centre but not the pub?
    I'm interested, fcuk the garden centre lol
    i wonder how many people who have no interst in buying flowers will go to a garden centre just for an excuse to get out of the house.

Apparently, some pubs are doing Take Away pints according to the Observer. Imagine carrying them home.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm interested, fcuk the garden centre lol
    i wonder how many people who have no interst in buying flowers will go to a garden centre just for an excuse to get out of the house.
    That would be an act of desperation. I don't go to these places when things are normal.

In my opinion there's a sense of entitlement within some groups of the population who have a bit more disposable income.

Must be my neighbours, there were dozens of people outside sunbathing yesterday . They have closed the path to stop people from other areas getting onto our little bit of grass. I will be honest I thought the rules must have changed ….
    Entitled bastards...

Ok , other than the obvious Jersey is tiny compared to the UK .

My mates are playing golf over there today , only two balls. They are allowed to visit friends a maximum of 4 people which is getting raised next week.
    Pubs are reopening next week . With social distancing .

My friends painting and decorating business is back to work on Monday , all on outside jobs but they are back in work.

Surely if we were sensible , we are quite capable of keeping our distance from each other and going about our business?
    Has there been much covid there? I doubt it? Maybe that’s why? Bit like in wales, but we have to suffer on for a few more weeks yet....