Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
Sounds like you are doing well JR, I good mate of mine is a gambler, I even lived with him for two years when he was in the thick of it and he managed to hide it. He knows he will be one forever but runs his own business now has a family, got rid of his debts (40k at one point) and is good these days. I always remember him telling how sometimes it would just overcome him, driving back to wales from a job with two grand on him, next thing he knew he had pulled over at a pub or bookies, all cash gone and he was back sitting in his car in tears......
Cheers

Yeah, 6 months since I had a serious bump in the road (November 6th) but in the main, touch wood, in the last 3 years there have been very few bumps.

Have a fiver on the football on a Saturday only now just for a bit of interest. Thats why I know how long its been as its been 8 weeks since the National League last played. I havent been tempted to bet anything else which is good. Some boys I know are gambling on russian table tennis and people playing FIFA against each other to get their fix.

Just keep away from the roulette wheel. Ironically ive always been good with money and im not daft, but put me in front of a roullette wheel and all sense out of the window. Chase, chase, chase.

Been working for the last 4 years on bringing the debt down, will be another 3 providing I dont have many serious bumps and I should finally have the weight off my shoulders.

Gambling is easier to hide than drugs or alcohol but its mentally exhausting.