+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stay alert

Re: Stay alert

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yep, and Ill continue to call them out if you / they keep blaming everyone but themselves for their choices.
    I don't think they do. Unless you've got a load of evidence to back that claim up. It's a difficult subject, not a one size fits all type of thing. What i reckon we'll find is that those at the bottom of the social ladder will suffer more, while those with a decent lifestyle, job, housing and support network can function with addiction much better. We all make mistakes, sometimes it's for a reason, other times it's not. One thing for sure though is that if there's sufficient support and willingness around that person they have a much better chance of recovery. You've done it yourself, well done, must be difficult at times. Not everyone is you though.

Nah, youre alright, im washing my hair today.
    Suppose it beats working....

I am petrified
    I would be , if I called someone a sex offender on a public forum I would be very concerned of the consequences if I continued to do it

But there you go , it's your life

All about choices innit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think they do. Unless you've got a load of evidence to back that claim up. It's a difficult subject, not a one size fits all type of thing. What i reckon we'll find is that those at the bottom of the social ladder will suffer more, while those with a decent lifestyle, job, housing and support network can function with addiction much better. We all make mistakes, sometimes it's for a reason, other times it's not. One thing for sure though is that if there's sufficient support and willingness around that person they have a much better chance of recovery. You've done it yourself, well done, must be difficult at times. Not everyone is you though.

And not everyone has these horrific back stories that Sludge likes to imply when excusing them of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would be , if I called someone a sex offender on a public forum I would be very concerned of the consequences if I continued to do it

But there you go , it's your life

All about choices innit ?
    Sex Offender? Your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I live in a wealthy area . Drugs are widely available and heavy recreational drug use is everywhere . Weekend Junkies . Weekend Alcoholics .

But most of these people have good jobs , nice countryside around them , wide social support groups

But someone in inner city cardiff , living in a bedsit , surrounded by other drug users , maybe not even registered with a gp , no family

Easy to spiral into addiction

Not everybody can fight addiction and mental health on their own

And not everyone has these horrific back stories that Sludge likes to imply when excusing them of their actions.
    Do you think you get many people doing this sort of thing who haven't had a troubled upbringing or problems with addicion though?

I'm sure it does happen and there are some people who are genuine arse holes, but I would say in the most part someone doing something like this often has something wrong mental health wise.

Sex Offender? Your words.
    So when you referred to me as liking young boys and called me Rolf you were not talking about Rolf harris the convicted sex offender , you were talking about someone else called rolf ? A german centre forward or something ?

Please enlighten me

Do you think you get many people doing this sort of thing who haven't had a troubled upbringing or problems with addicion though?

I'm sure it does happen and there are some people who are genuine arse holes, but I would say in the most part someone doing something like this often has something wrong mental health wise.
    What sort of thing? Taking drugs and commiting crime to fund their habit?

Ofcourse not, but why would that matter? If a person is caught up in addiction and it is ruining their life and the lives of their kids, missus, mum, dad etc, then don't you think that as a society we have an obligation to them, a duty of care not just for the individual but society as a whole-Isn't that the kind of society where you would like to live?

What sort of thing? Taking drugs and commiting crime to fund their habit?
    Yeah

Do you think many middle class kids who grew up with a good family are doing this? I'm sure it does happen but I'd bet in the majority the people doing this sort of thing haven't had the best upbringing or a good support network to help them deal with things.

So when you referred to me as liking young boys and called me Rolf you were not talking about Rolf harris the convicted sex offender , you were talking about someone else called rolf ? A german centre forward or something ?

Please enlighten me
    I dont think thats going to stand up in a court of law. One look at your posting history and you come across a misogynist sex case.

Ofcourse not, but why would that matter? If a person is caught up in addiction and it is ruining their life and the lives of their kids, missus, mum, dad etc, then don't you think that as a society we have an obligation to them, a duty of care not just for the individual but society as a whole-Isn't that the kind of society where you would like to live?
    Utopia doesnt exist

I dont think thats going to stand up in a court of law. One look at your posting history and you come across a misogynist sex case.
    You dont think so ? I beg to differ

Ok I will leave you to it

Dont cross the road till the little green man lights up

No he wants to live in an I am allright jack society

Hes had his troubles but now hes ok so **** everyone else

Yeah

Do you think many middle class kids who grew up with a good family are doing this? I'm sure it does happen but I'd bet in the majority the people doing this sort of thing haven't had the best upbringing or a good support network to help them deal with things.
    Is the correct answer

Round here loads of people take drugs , apparently that's ok

In inner city cardiff , they are junkies

Yeah

Yes, of course there are middle class people who are doing it. Obviously it effects poor areas more but you cant just keep using that as an excuse. Plenty of people from poor areas manage to make something of their lives.

I come from a council estate, do I use my background as an excuse for my issues? No.

So whats your answer? We just excuse them of all their criminal behaviour because they didnt have the best start to life? Dont make them take responsibility for their actions?

Utopia doesnt exist
    Caring for people and supporting them is hardly Utopian. **** me, it's a bit concerning to find that you see those traits as idealistic.

Gosh this thread drifted off just like a session on some nice strong Leb leading too being Baked

Wrong. I do plenty for those who deserve it.

Some guy pretending to be homeless outside Aldi, pestering and intimidating old ladies when hes not homeless, has his own flat and his father owns a hotel in Brecon, Nah, sorry mate, I cant spare any change for you buy drugs. Ill buy you some food if you want though?

He probably isn't ok all of the time. I think that he says certain things as a way of protecting himself. Hartley is alright, talks sense when it comes to football and some other stuff. When he's on one, he doesn't like to see other peoples opinions. That's ok, i sort of get it.

Wrong. I do plenty for those who deserve it.

Some guy pretending to be homeless outside Aldi, pestering and intimidating old ladies when hes not homeless, has his own flat and his father owns a hotel in Brecon, Nah, sorry mate, I cant spare any change for you buy drugs. Ill buy you some food if you want though?
    Harts, you can't go through life using Anecdotes as evidence for your views. There's more to life than Merthyr butt You take care.

Caring for people and supporting them is hardly Utopian. **** me, it's a bit concerning to find that you see those traits as idealistic.
    I do my bit. Contribute to food banks, charities, look after the old girl next door.

Im sorry that my compassion doesnt extend to people who would rob your eyes if you werent looking.

Yes, of course there are middle class people who are doing it. Obviously it effects poor areas more but you cant just keep using that as an excuse. Plenty of people from poor areas manage to make something of their lives.

I come from a council estate, do I use my background as an excuse for my issues? No.

So whats your answer? We just excuse them of all their criminal behaviour because they didnt have the best start to life? Dont make them take responsibility for their actions?
    I don't think anyone is saying it's an excuse, but it is a reason for it. People still need to be punished for their crimes whatever their circumstances are.

But we can still be sympathetic to the reasons they're in these situations and try and better society so we have less cases of it in the future.