+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go back to work

Re: Go back to work

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If you find the words confusing just remember red = stop, green = go.

Attachment 3815
    The government's new Covid alert levels, one to five, has been copied almost directly from Nandos' Peri-ometer!
    We are currently on medium hot.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, are you arguing for herd immunity at a time when I don't believe that it's been proved conclusively that you are immune once you've had the virus or have I misunderstood you?
    Rule No. 1: Never ask Organ what he's arguing. He doesn't know.

Social distancing could be removed entirely next week and he would move on to how something else is the problem.

So, are you arguing for herd immunity at a time when I don't believe that it's been proved conclusively that you are immune once you've had the virus or have I misunderstood you?
    I used to argue for that, Bobsy. But I now go with the flow, when in Rome and other cliches of that nature.

Besides, I've adapted very well to the new normal and have accepted it is here to stay.

They are pretty sure you can’t get it again....I posted something about it the other day, not conclusive yet as nothing can be, but people who have had it do carry the antibody from having it which should protect them from it again. Flu mutates a bit every year also but these viruses have never changed much, thank god. I suspect working on these and being prepared for the next one will be a huge industry for the next decade.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They are pretty sure you can’t get it again....I posted something about it the other day, not conclusive yet as nothing can be, but people who have had it do carry the antibody from having it which should protect them from it again. Flu mutates a bit every year also but these viruses have never changed much, thank god. I suspect working on these and being prepared for the next one will be a huge industry for the next decade.
    I don't think they are pretty sure you can't get it agian are they? I'm not sure what the current thinking is but the WHO said a week or 2 ago that there is no evidence yet to say you are immune.

But, if you are going to start planning ahead on the grounds that people who have had the virus won't catch it again, you need to have something more than "pretty sure" to back you up before deciding to embark on such a course.

I think I'm right in saying that the number of people who have tested positive twice some time apart is very small in percentage terms and I understand there are always some who have done this historically, but there are still a minority who have done so and this, surely, has to be investigated.

I was listening to a British born person who is high up in the WHO on the radio this morning and he said that we do not know yet whether people will be immune once they've had it.

Incredibly. it would appear that those who were advising the Government and were, seemingly, advocating a herd immunity approach were doing so on the basis of assuming people would be immune.

But, if you are going to start planning ahead on the grounds that people who have had the virus won't catch it again, you need to have something more than "pretty sure" to back you up before deciding to embark on such a course.

I think I'm right in saying that the number of people who have tested positive twice some time apart is very small in percentage terms and I understand there are always some who have done this historically, but there are still a minority who have done so and this, surely, has to be investigated.

I was listening to a British born person who is high up in the WHO on the radio this morning and he said that we do not know yet whether people will be immune once they've had it.

Incredibly. it would appear that those who were advising the Government and were, seemingly, advocating a herd immunity approach were doing so on the basis of assuming people would be immune.
    Good post Bob.

Stop being so negative, goats's "they are pretty sure you can't get it again" is enough for me. Onwards!

I’ll find the report I was reading, think it was from South Korea. They thought initially that people had caught it again after testing positive, but that wasn’t the case, it was just the antibodys showing up from previous infection, which the6 were very pleased to note because If it anyway similar to other Coronavirus it should give you immunity for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Stop being so negative, goats's "they are pretty sure you can't get it again" is enough for me. Onwards!
    Crack on...thank me later

I’ll find the report I was reading, think it was from South Korea. They thought initially that people had caught it again after testing positive, but that wasn’t the case, it was just the antibodys showing up from previous infection, which the6 were very pleased to note because If it anyway similar to other Coronavirus it should give you immunity for some time.
    I heard that on the radio that the second cases were not as first feared

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I heard that on the radio that the second cases were not as first feared
    I heard or read somewhere that those who tested positive after already having the virus were retested and showed negative, implying the original post infection test had either been faulty or incorrectly garnered.
    But it still needs to be investigated more thoroughly.
    Also I have still heard nothing further about the use of blood plasma from survivors to treat people in hospital. Anyone have news on that?