+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

International

Re: Illegal immigrants in the chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So we are back to asylum seekers now?
    Back to anyone who attempts to enter by unlawful means. and countries that conveniently ignore the law should be made to comply with it. You can argue the merits or morality of it as much as you wish but the law is the law.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Back to anyone who attempts to enter by unlawful means. and countries that conveniently ignore the law should be made to comply with it. You can argue the merits or morality of it as much as you wish but the law is the law.
    Seeking asylum is not illegal.

It is not the law that you have to apply for asylum in the first country you land in.

Whilst we are on the point, the UK has a very low number of illegal immigrants every year and there is a process for dealing with them so what else do you want done?

What is the correct way for an asylum seeker to enter the country? Fly in?

International

Seeking asylum is not illegal.

It is not the law that you have to apply for asylum in the first country you land in.
    It is EU law as far as I am aware. That is why Italy complained so bitterly, because they were taking the brunt of the flood across the sea.

International

Whilst we are on the point, the UK has a very low number of illegal immigrants every year and there is a process for dealing with them so what else do you want done?
    All I asked was why those found at sea are not returned to the place the embarked from. I'm not advocating sending the back to Syria or Somalia or anywhere, just back to France.

You admitted in this thread that we should not allow anyone to come who wants but you didn't answer when I asked you how we should decide who comes. I understand it is a difficult problem but until the law changes it is the law. The numbers we do or do not admit is not part of this argument.
    People on here are getting at me and protesting but no one can give a reasonable solution.

When we talk about lifting lockdown everyone agrees we should stick with what the welsh government says because it is the law.
    Are we saying we can pick and choose which laws we obey and which we ignore? That is what the French do in the EU. It is part of the problem.

All I asked was why those found at sea are not returned to the place the embarked from. I'm not advocating sending the back to Syria or Somalia or anywhere, just back to France. They are being sent back to France it says so in the article, but should france then send them back to Italy? If we don't have to deal with them why should france

You admitted in this thread that we should not allow anyone to come who wants but you didn't answer when I asked you how we should decide who comes. I understand it is a difficult problem but until the law changes it is the law. The numbers we do or do not admit is not part of this argument. The law seems appropriate for me, what do you disagree with in it?

People on here are getting at me and protesting but no one can give a reasonable solution. Maybe it's just me but I don't understand what your issue is, so I can't give a solution

When we talk about lifting lockdown everyone agrees we should stick with what the welsh government says because it is the law.
    Are we saying we can pick and choose which laws we obey and which we ignore? That is what the French do in the EU. It is part of the problem. I don't think it is the law
    Answered, maybe you can try answering us with what you exact problem is

Thats very nasty, even if said in the spitiit of irony. you'll end up on the naughty step with me!
    No chance, you’re allowed to suggest machine gunning miscreants is acceptable.

Now if I was to suggest the current PM would use his recent touch with Covid19 would be used to boost his image then the Blue Rinse Snowflake Brigade would then be incandescent with faux outrage?

Is Vindec here?

All I asked was why those found at sea are not returned to the place the embarked from. I'm not advocating sending the back to Syria or Somalia or anywhere, just back to France.

You admitted in this thread that we should not allow anyone to come who wants but you didn't answer when I asked you how we should decide who comes. I understand it is a difficult problem but until the law changes it is the law. The numbers we do or do not admit is not part of this argument.
    People on here are getting at me and protesting but no one can give a reasonable solution.

Are we saying we can pick and choose which laws we obey and which we ignore? That is what the French do in the EU. It is part of the problem.
    You can’t send them all back at sea straight away because some of them are in their rights to ask for asylum. Unless you want to conduct the Lengthy refugee screening process on a 10 foot dinghy in the middle of a windy cold channel and decide who gets accepted and who gets dumped back in France

What I think you are really asking is why do we get any asylum seekers in the first place given that war zones are far away from us and they have to travel through many developed countries to get here - they should be contained in those other countries instead. And also why do economic migrants get so far without being stopped.

But I feel those questions have been adequately answered

International

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    You can’t send them all back at sea straight away because some of them are in their rights to ask for asylum. Unless you want to conduct the Lengthy refugee screening process on a 10 foot dinghy in the middle of a windy cold channel and decide who gets accepted and who gets dumped back in France But the point is the "lengthy screening process should already have been done by the country which they entered the EU through. They should never get to the channel as unscreened refugees/asylum seekers in the fir .st place. They get there because the other countries, knowing that these people are only interested in getting into UK turn a blind eye in the hope they will get here and cease to be their problem.If they get to UK I agree we should screen them normally but if they are picked up in the sea they should be returned to the country they set off from, normally France or Belgium. As I said before pre-customs in an airport is deemed to not be in that airport's country's territory so anyone reject is put on a plane and sent back to the airport he took off from. the same should happen at sea.

What I think you are really asking is why do we get any asylum seekers in the first place given that war zones are far away from us and they have to travel through many developed countries to get here - they should be contained in those other countries instead. And also why do economic migrants get so far without being stopped.

But I feel those questions have been adequately answered
    Have they? People have said a lot but what you have stated about being them being dealt with by the countries they first get to is in fact the law. So why are the European countries they move through not applying it. If someone is assessed as to whether he is a refugee/ migrant or whatever in the county he arrives at then he can either be deported from there, or if he is deemed to be genuine, he can stay where he is and then apply to enter another country as a resident the same as anyone else. What is so difficult to grasp about that?

First Team

But the point is the country they arrive in should deal with them but these European countries just let them pass through happy in the knowledge that the sooner they let them go they sooner it won't be their problem.
    So if the get here why don't those countries cover the cost to the UK?
    You're on the wrong board.

International

I think I should be on a perfume board lol. Wish I'd never started it.

I think I should be on a perfume board lol. Wish I'd never started it.
    I think you’re running the risk of being scent to Coventry by a few on here:

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think you’re running the risk of being scent to Coventry by a few on here:
    Just trying to spice the old place up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Benefits helpline: Hello.
    Illegal: I'd like to claim £29,900 a year, please?
    Benefits helpline: Certainly sir, can I have your NI number, please?
    Illegal: I don't have one.
    Benefits helpline: Ah, what is your name then, please?
    Illegal: I'm not telling you.
    Benefits helpline: Are you an illegal immigrant?
    Illegal: Yes, but don't tell anyone.
    Benefits helpline: Fine. Go to your nearest jobcentre, ask for the manager and they will show you to the pot of gold room where you can help yourself to as much free cash as you like. I'll give you a special password.

Refugees can get minimal handouts. There have been very rare cases where they've had quite lavish dwellings in which to live, but those have suited all as temporary measures. The reality is they get very, very little.

Legally arriving immigrants cannot claim benefits for, according to the government's own site, "a qualifying period". Who knows what that is. One thing is certain, the government decides what that is. Those who arrive legally, who are not refugees, either have the money to stay here or have work (or a very solid promise of it at least).

It always amuses me when people say we need to stop illegal immigrants coming into the country. They're here illegally, we don't know they're here. If we knew they were coming we'd be able to stop them. Britain has 20,000 miles of coastline, near enough. It's impossible to police it all.

When it comes to illegal immigrants, most people haven't got a clue.
    Good job you're on here then to at least keep CCMB posters right. 👍

International

The qualifying period for legal immigrants before they can claim benefits is 5 years which may be extended to 7.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-52605310

I really struggle to understand this. Why don't they take them back to France/Belgium and disembark them there? That is where the came from. Those countries have an obligation in international and European Law to either give them refugee status or return to where the came from. They should be processed at the point at which they enter the EU.

And why is it they all want to come to UK? Whats wrong with Spain or France or Italy or Belgium or Greece?
    That's what the current Home Secretary has suggested, and is trying to get an agreement with France , now she's a Nazi .