+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A eye opener BBC Royal Gwent covid

A eye opener BBC Royal Gwent covid

Critical: Inside Intensive Care, Critical: Coronavirus in Intensive Care: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000j7wf via @bbciplayer

Re: A eye opener BBC Royal Gwent covid

I watched this on Monday night on BBC Wales. They did a series on the Royal Gwent a couple months ago, and this is a follow up focusing on the current epidemic and how it affects the hospital staff. I have to say it is the best documentary I have ever seen, very touching, and more informative than anything I have heard from the Government during the current crisis. BBC and Royal Gwent staff should be applauded for their effort.

I don't think I can watch it

I'm just in awe of their efforts.

It's not an easy watch. A friend's daughter was moved from her community job to work there in ITU. She is seen, briefly, in the staff room having her lunch. They didnt quite get to the "battlefield triage" stage of having to decide who was worth trying to save and who should be left to die. But it was close. A second or third CV wave, worse than the current phase, and a doctor summed it up brilliantly with just two words.
    Watch it, if you can. These people, and the thousands up and down the country doing the same job, deserve our enduring gratitude.