+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who’s watching the Bundesliga this weekend

Re: So who’s watching the Bundesliga this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember when Ewald Lienen, who moved from Gladbach to Armenia Bielefeld and back again, suffered this injury when playing for the latter 1981:
    Attachment 3824
    Got a yellow for it.

Didn't touch him ref.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sorry they were relegated for bribing or attempting to in 64/65, the incident in the 70's was when their goalkeeper arranged for them to lose a game they should have won. He was thrown out but they weren't but were relegated later anyway and were in relative doldrums for many years.
    Still fun to watch them in that old stadium though, hadn't changed since the 36 Olympics. We used to play murder ball in the Olympic swimming pool lol
    The swimming pool was back in use as a public pool last time I was there, which I think was last April against Augsburg. Was remarkable to see, having seen it so many times as a museum piece over the years.

Incidentally, regarding your earlier post, Hertha's recent average home attendance is just short of 50000.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It was odd. He asked Barca to cancel his contract because they had brought Maradona to the club. His goalscoring record was very good. He turned down Real Madrid and Spurs and signed for second division Charlton Athletic because he thought that it would be less stress.
    Pretty sure he was playing when we played away at Charlton in 1983. Possibly wrong though!.

For Those looking to find an interest in this I have designed a few sweepstake options that i am running for a group of friends. Outlined below in case anyone wants to do their own version. We had a live draw etc. on zoom to add a bit of interest.

Its going to be on BT Sport if you have it although there are suggestions that it will be made free to air. If not if you or someone in your house has an EE phone then you can get BT sport app free for 3 months (I will send instructions on casting to your TV in a future email). If that doesn’t work for everyone I will send out links to streams for individual games as well.

Option A: the scratch league

There are 18 teams in the league and 9 games to be played. With this option all teams will be allocated by random draw and will effectively start next week with 0 points. So the winner will be the team who accrues the most points from the final 9 games only. Usual rules to decide if teams are level on points - GD, GS etc.
    Entry is £2 multiple entries are welcome, if all teams are allocated prize money will be 1st - £20 2nd – 18th (or bottom if less than 18 entries receive) £6, prizes will be reduced on a pro rata basis if less than 18 entries.

Option B: the double bubble winner takes all league

There are effectively 5 teams in the title race and also 5 teams trying to avoid 16th place (relegation play off) I am dismissing the 17th and 18th place teams as effectively relegated.
    So this is effectively 2 mini leagues based on the full 36 game season. You will be drawn a pair of teams and the winner will be the team top in each mini league. Single entries only.
    Pairs as follows:
    Bayern Munich and Fortuna Dusseldorf
    Dortmund and Mainz
    Leipzig and Augsburg
    Borussia Monchengladbach and Berlin
    Leverkusen and Frankfurt.
    Entry is £6, £15 to the winner of each mini league

Option C: the head to head league (skins)

Each team in the league will be coupled (1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th etc), this option will be based on the last 9 games only. You will be drawn a team and have a head to head rival its £5 in and £10 to the winner of each pair. Enter as many times as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Pretty sure he was playing when we played away at Charlton in 1983. Possibly wrong though!.
    This is the game which has always stuck in my memory from Simonsen's time at Charlton;-

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageb...ic.php?t=18164

I remember when Ewald Lienen, who moved from Gladbach to Armenia Bielefeld and back again, suffered this injury when playing for the latter 1981:
    Attachment 3824
    Good grief!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah, two! Rabbi Matondo at Schalke and Ampadu at Leipzig. Also I think describing Leipzig as "having a bottomless pit of money" is a bit misleading. It's like saying we've got a bottomless pit because Tan's worth billions. They are hated as an entity though, but as a team they're great
    Matondo to Man United?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ancho-18249963

Think Union Berlin are the safe choice.

https://www.union-zeughaus.de/union-....html?langid=1

Attachment 3824
    Pah.... only a flesh wound!

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Pah.... only a flesh wound!
    I've had worse wounds that this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I love Matondo but he's nowhere near Sancho. From what I've seen at internationals I think Rodon could be a top level player, would like to see him go to a mid table Premiership side to get games and experience before a really big move though

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I've had worse wounds that this!!!
    And that's just on this message board.

International

And that's just on this message board.

I love Matondo but he's nowhere near Sancho. From what I've seen at internationals I think Rodon could be a top level player, would like to see him go to a mid table Premiership side to get games and experience before a really big move though
    Matondo has improved quite a bit over in Germany, and his speed will always be a danger to any opposition team. Agree about Rodon, he looks certain to move to the Premier League, and Wales are set for the next 10 years with him, Ampadu and Mepham (and others) in the central defensive roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Matondo has improved quite a bit over in Germany, and his speed will always be a danger to any opposition team. Agree about Rodon, he looks certain to move to the Premier League, and Wales are set for the next 10 years with him, Ampadu and Mepham (and others) in the central defensive roles.
    I think I remember that you follow the Bundesliga so I'll take your word for it. Why would Man Utd not go for Brooks say? He's keeping Matondo out of the Wales team and I think is further ahead, but wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Sancho

I think I remember that you follow the Bundesliga so I'll take your word for it. Why would Man Utd not go for Brooks say? He's keeping Matondo out of the Wales team and I think is further ahead, but wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Sancho
    Brooks is too good for Man Utd I can't see Sancho going there either, so Matondo is probably their level at the moment, but he would be better off staying in Germany for a couple of years if you ask me.

Brooks is too good for Man Utd I can't see Sancho going there either, so Matondo is probably their level at the moment, but he would be better off staying in Germany for a couple of years if you ask me.
    This suggests that Brooks is better than someone like Fernandez though, which is just not true

Let's see what Brooks is like after his serious injury shall we.

This suggests that Brooks is better than someone like Fernandez though, which is just not true
    Fernandez is a talented player, and he is getting very well paid for his troubles, so I suppose that might have come into it when he was being shopped around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Got a yellow for it.

Didn't touch him ref.
    I've seen bigger gashes than that.

Watched 3 games this weekend.

Enjoyed it even with no fans

International

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    The swimming pool was back in use as a public pool last time I was there, which I think was last April against Augsburg. Was remarkable to see, having seen it so many times as a museum piece over the years.

Incidentally, regarding your earlier post, Hertha's recent average home attendance is just short of 50000.
    The swimming pools, 3 of them were in the Olympic Games complex behind the stadium which was the cold war British Headquarters, so the Berlin public never had access to them until after the wall came down. (The third pool was actually for families and was so during the Olympics for families of the people working on the games.