+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Male urethra endoscopy

Re: Male urethra endoscopy

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Following surgery a tube was rammed into the delicate area to enable your urine to drain into a bottle. When the nurse came to remove it she tugged on the tube to get it out which brought tears to my eyes. That was more unpleasant than major surgery.
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Minus 5
    Plus 120 points for 4 foot of endoscope. I asked!
    "Any further love and it'll come out my nose"!

On the subject of tubes how about this: A nurse shaves you down below; you enter an operating theatre where you are told to lie down. A radiologist inserts a tube into your groin and pushes it up through your body, through your heart into your brain. A dye is injected; a camera is fed through the tube and the neurosurgeon in his office directs the radiologist to focus on specific areas of the brain. While all this is going on you can see exactly what is happening on a screen. You even get to choose your music while the procedure is ongoing. Not a great choice but I selected Chris Rea. The radiologist inserts a dye into the tube and you get a warm fuzzy feeling as the dye passes through the tube to its final destination. While all this is going on I have a pleasant discussion with the radiologist and it turned out his father and I were colleagues. Some might say the worst part of the experience was listening to Chris Rea but I did buy his CD afterwards. Thank you to the NHS and UHW.

An endoscope is aptly named regarding the procedure concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Some might say the worst part of the experience was listening to Chris Rea but I did buy his CD afterwards.
    Slightly surprising Chris Rea stat - he only ever achieved one top 10 single in the UK.