+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staycations this summer.....

Staycations this summer.....

Do you think we will be allowed by the state to go on holiday this summer? A line I’d never think I’d write in my life but hey ho these are weird times. I don’t mean abroad as we all know that’s not happening, I didn’t realise but it’s not permitted until September 25th in the UK as things stand, all be it being reviewed every 3 weeks.....no doubts England will be allowed but maybe not Wahales

Re: Staycations this summer.....

This travel and cheap flight addict (who is meant to be landing in Kazakhstan today) thinks that getting on a plane in the next six months is sheer folly and I 'won' an auction on eBay this week for a camper van to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do you think we will be allowed by the state to go on holiday this summer? A line I’d never think I’d write in my life but hey ho these are weird times. I don’t mean abroad as we all know that’s not happening, I didn’t realise but it’s not permitted until September 25th in the UK as things stand, all be it being reviewed every 3 weeks.....no doubts England will be allowed but maybe not Wahales
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This travel and cheap flight addict (who is meant to be landing in Kazakhstan today) thinks that getting on a plane in the next six months is sheer folly and I 'won' an auction on eBay this week for a camper van to fill the void.
    We know how much you love a ticklist, so maybe you could use the camper van to visit every County in the UK 🙂

As an avid camper van addict (who lives in my motorhome abroad for 4 months a year) I hope you saw your purchase first as there are many scam adverts on ebay for these things. The motorhome forums are full of such warnings. Also any proposed purchase needs to be damp checked before any money is handed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As an avid camper van addict (who lives in my motorhome abroad for 4 months a year) I hope you saw your purchase first as there are many scam adverts on ebay for these things. The motorhome forums are full of such warnings. Also any proposed purchase needs to be damp checked before any money is handed over.
    What is the scam exactly... the camper vans don't exist, or they are not in the condition advertised?

Yes I will be escaping a lot in my T5 this summer for some wild camping in the middle of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    What is the scam exactly... the camper vans don't exist, or they are not in the condition advertised?
    There are two going around at the moment. One involves ebay scammers setting themselves up as a motorhome company using the name of one that has gone into liquidation some years prior selling vehicles they do not own and the other is individuals residing mainly abroad (Norway seems to crop up regularly as do people who claim to live on oil rigs) who take bona fide adverts from various websites by attempting to sell the vehicles on ebay/gumtree at very low advertised prices. Several motorhomers on forums alert ebay to the potential scams and to be fair to ebay they do act promptly. Buyers just need to be careful by seeing and inspecting the vehicle before they buy, looking at the reccs of the seller and generally be wary by making sure the vehicle is inspected at the seller's house and not on a motorway service station or car park for example.

Don’t want to make this political but leaving the EU could be good timing. This is surely going to decimate the economies of Greece Italy and Spain due to tourism turnover

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don’t want to make this political but leaving the EU could be good timing. This is surely going to decimate the economies of Greece Italy and Spain due to tourism turnover
    And our economy is better placed?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    And our economy is better placed?
    Not much better but it’s not as reliant on tourism

International

But will the cost of holidays in such countries go up to entice people to go or go down because they need the money and think people will pay extra?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But will the cost of holidays in such countries go up to entice people to go or go down because they need the money and think people will pay extra?
    Old people won’t be going away....I guess the young uns might if allowed in....

Shouldn't that read...

"But will the cost of holidays in such countries go down to entice people to go or go up because they need the money and think people will pay extra?"

??

Haven’t you got this the wrong way round??????

Shirley, prices going down is to entice !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Shouldn't that read...

"But will the cost of holidays in such countries go down to entice people to go or go up because they need the money and think people will pay extra?"

??

Soz, missed this one, but my sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It was from a local garage who used to service it for the previous owner.

Banned

Not much better but it’s not as reliant on tourism
    How does our leaving the EU benefit us as a result of Spain's issues? Surely I could equally argue that leaving the EU is bad because Germany seem to be getting back to BAU much faster than the major world economies like the US.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I have booked one in the UK from July I know someone who has booked one in Tenby for Sept ,I think its happening by stealth before the holiday industry collapses .

I'm going and yes I will stay alert and safe

International

Be alert. The country needs lerts!!

Banned

Be alert. The country needs lerts!!

A great line that one, really took the piss out of Johnson's "Be Alert" message.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How does our leaving the EU benefit us as a result of Spain's issues? Surely I could equally argue that leaving the EU is bad because Germany seem to be getting back to BAU much faster than the major world economies like the US.
    There may be a few bailouts coming is my personal feeling.

Banned

There may be a few bailouts coming is my personal feeling.
    There may not be too.

It was from a local garage who used to service it for the previous owner.
    That's good. I only mentioned it because you indicated you had won an auction on ebay. Good luck with it. It's a great way to spend your time.

It won’t happen this summer anyway, maybe back to normal by 2021