Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
Yep. Work a week for free as they don't pay induction training he said.
He said so many pack it in after a week as the job is intense so they don't pay you to train anymore.
I was going to do it but then I read the reviews of working for dpd in Cardiff about management making up false claims of vehicle damage and actually taking it from your wages and being left with nothing.
When I told the manager I had changed my mind because I was really alarmed at what I had just read he asked me to send him a link to the reviews on indeed site.
He then text me back and said I can't disagree with some of that.
I was gobsmacked.
And then the next day he text me again saying he thinks that I have missed out on a good opportunity and that I should have asked some of his boys he has working for him what they think.
Again, I was gobsmacked why he'd said he agreed how bad the management were after reading those reviews at that depot,
Which meant he agreed ripping off drivers for things like an engine management light coming on when the driver got back to the depot and reported it, and then being made to pay for it as it wasn't on when they left.
I took a quick look on that indeed.com website (Cardiff regional). The reviews paint a shocking picture of that courier business.
Almost all the reviews are united in their condemnation of the management and the long hours you have to work.