+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trivia Question

Trivia Question

What links Singer Gil Scott Heron, football manager Jock Stein, Rugby union player Phil Bennett and actor James Earl Jones?

Re: Trivia Question

Were they the ringleaders of an online scam concerned with the bogus selling of campervans ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Were they the ringleaders of an online scam concerned with the bogus selling of campervans ?
    I bought the one jock Stein allegedly ownded when he died, but I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone. That bast*rd bennett .........

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What links Singer Gil Scott Heron, football manager Jock Stein, Rugby union player Phil Bennett and actor James Earl Jones?
    The connection is Lion(s) - Jock Stein was manager of the Lisbon Lions (the Celtic team that beat Inter Milan in that city in the European Cup Final in 1967), I just discovered that Gil Scott Heron's dad was a huge Celtic fan and there are photos of him on social media wearing a Celtic scarf.

https://twitter.com/tirnaog09/status...647168/photo/1

James Earl Jones provided the voice for Simba's father in the original Lion King and I believe he's in the remake as well and Phil Bennett captained the British Lions - my answer gets more and more tenuous as it goes on and so I'm probably wrong, but there's a definite connection between Jock Stein and Gil Scott Heron which I think must be right!

International

Bennett Captained the Lions in S Africa I think.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Bennett Captained the Lions in S Africa I think.
    No, he was captain of the 1977 tour to New Zealand - it was Willie John McBride who captained them in 1974 when they stuffed the Springboks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The connection is Lion(s) - Jock Stein was manager of the Lisbon Lions (the Celtic team that beat Inter Milan in that city in the European Cup Final in 1967), I just discovered that Gil Scott Heron's dad was a huge Celtic fan and there are photos of him on social media wearing a Celtic scarf.

https://twitter.com/tirnaog09/status...647168/photo/1

James Earl Jones provided the voice for Simba's father in the original Lion King and I believe he's in the remake as well and Phil Bennett captained the British Lions - my answer gets more and more tenuous as it goes on and so I'm probably wrong, but there's a definite connection between Jock Stein and Gil Scott Heron which I think must be right!
    That is a 1st class effort Bob and whilst it all makes sense, it’s not the link i had
    My link, was Gil Scott Herons dad Gil Heron played for Celtic (1st black player to do so). Jock Stein who managed Celtic, played for Llanelli Football club. Llanelli rugby legend Phil Bennett played for the Barbarians and James Earl Jones, was in Conan the Barbarian.
    I like your link better than mine 😁

They all have the letter 'e' in their surnames.

They've all been mentioned in a post on this board!

That is a 1st class effort Bob and whilst it all makes sense, it’s not the link i had
    My link, was Gil Scott Herons dad Gil Heron played for Celtic (1st black player to do so). Jock Stein who managed Celtic, played for Llanelli Football club. Llanelli rugby legend Phil Bennett played for the Barbarians and James Earl Jones, was in Conan the Barbarian.
    I like your link better than mine ��
    I didn't realise that Gil Scott Heron's dad actually played for Celtic - if the Phil Bennett Lion link wasn't so feeble, I think I'd agree with you .

I like your link better than mine ��
    Don't take offence, but that's not really a "what links..." question.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't take offence, but that's not really a "what links..." question.
    I’d like VAR brought in on that statement 😁