+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The last dance

The last dance

Haven’t seen any threads about the Michael Jordan and Chicago Bulls documentary on Netflix. It is so far the best sports documentary I’ve seen. There is so much footage spanning two decades, and really well made how it goes back and forth in time telling a different individuals stories each episode, such as the coach Phil Jackson and the likes of Pippen and Rodman. The interviews are really frank, and there are also events in Jordan’s life I was not aware of. It makes for a great watch.

Michael Jordan is just a phenomenal athlete and fierce competitor. I grew up hearing a lot of him and understood he is an icon, but never really followed basketball. This documentary shows why he is considered one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Here’s a clip from one of the episodes where he explains the price that winning has had for him, and why he can be perceived as not such a nice guy:

https://twitter.com/sportsoflife_/st...579856385?s=21

There are 8 episodes on Netflix, and the last two are out on Monday.

Re: The last dance

Agree, it is excellent.

Love the way it moves back and forth in time, picks out the story of one different character every week, cross referencing each other's stories with superb footage.

Jordan is an iconic figure and true superstar, can't wait for the last two episodes.

i have it linked to my account, the trouble with netflix is that they have so bloody many series i would like to watch, by the time the girls are in bed ( its 10.30 these days as we dont start our day till 10am ) me and the wife watch a 1/2 hour program and then i am knackered and cannot concentrate on a new series a new world problem i guess

Watched the first three and enjoying it. What’s with Jordan’s bloodshot eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Watched the first three and enjoying it. What’s with Jordan’s bloodshot eyes?
    Melalin. The pigment can be in your pupils too.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i have it linked to my account, the trouble with netflix is that they have so bloody many series i would like to watch, by the time the girls are in bed ( its 10.30 these days as we dont start our day till 10am ) me and the wife watch a 1/2 hour program and then i am knackered and cannot concentrate on a new series a new world problem i guess
    What other series aren't you watching, matt?

Heisenberg

I'm on episode 5 at the moment. Netflix are absolutely nailing 'their' documentaries.

Great documentary. I can’t wait for each Monday to watch the 2 new episodes back to back. You don’t have to like basketball to admire MJ from a sporting perspective. His will to win is unreal.

I like the flipping back and forth to different seasons but I think they overdo it. No need to flip every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Great documentary. I can’t wait for each Monday to watch the 2 new episodes back to back. You don’t have to like basketball to admire MJ from a sporting perspective. His will to win is unreal.

I like the flipping back and forth to different seasons but I think they overdo it. No need to flip every 5 minutes.
    Watched it today, the flipping back and fore confused my missus, really enjoyed it though.