Arrgh, can't change title! Splott obviously!

I've taken the opportunity of lock-down to extend my family tree, which basically is 75% Welsh, 25% Durham.

My Welsh roots are very much rural Breconshire, Monmouthshire, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthanshire, pre-industrial revolution, with a move to the Valleys later.

My family history is a basically a mix of Williams, Thomas, Evans & Price with other assortments throw in. Which makes tracing the tree more difficult! Do you know how many William Thomas & Thomas Williams there are in the valleys!!

Anyway, I digress. The point of my post relates to my limited Cardiff connection. My 25% Durham side stems from my great-grandfather, who moved to Cardiff when the Dowlais Works was opened in the early 1890's. My Gran was born in 63,Moorland Rd Splott (later moving round the corner to Carlisle St). My great-grandfather on my dads side lived in Menelaus St. which no longer exists. I've found out using an historical street map that was where Pacific Road now is, under what is now C2J Architects & South West Wood Products.

Anyone on here know when/why Menelaus St. was flattened & did Pacific Road replace it immediately?

As well as Menelaus St, Layard St, Enid St, Corise St, Elaine St, Cornelia St and that end of Portmanmoor Rd were flattened.

Any feedback or links gratefully received.