Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Exactly. I agree 100%. The lockdown guidelines and the way in which they have been implemented has been nonsense from day one and they've got more ridiculous as time has progressed.

Some examples (imagine that social distancing is being observed in all cases):

I can't go and sit in a garden with members of my family or my friends for half an hour, but I can go and queue up outside a DIY superstore while surrounded by complete strangers for several hours.

I can't go into a bookshop and browse the books, but I can go and browse the books in Asda, Morrisons or Sainsburys.

I can't drive a relatively short distance to my local mountain range and go for a walk, but a cyclist can ride for miles to said mountain range and ride around them to his or her's heart's content.

I can't go into Primark and buy clothes, but I can go into M&S a couple of doors away and buy clothes.

A surfer can't drive a short distance to a beach and go surfing, but a golfer can drive a short distance to a course and play golf.

I'm told I shouldn't leave my home unless it's essential to do so, but I'm also told I can go to a garden centre if I want to.

A golfer can play with a friend at Lydney Golf Club in Gloucestershire, but can't do so less than nine miles away at St Pierre Golf Club.

This one I discovered the other day and it really made me laugh (store policy not government policy): a married couple cannot enter Sainsburys and do their shopping at the same time, but two complete strangers can.

I appreciate this situation has not be easy to deal with, but common sense has been lacking from the outset.
Can I drive to Weston to walk on the beech, or will I get stopped and fined when I drive back into wales for making an unnecessary journey that was legal in England?