+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can honestly say that there's no ambiguity on my part over the lock down rules in Wales, and i'm not saying that in a facetious way. Not much has changed- in my opinion-from the start, certainly for me anyway. Let's be honest, if you've got half a brain then none of this is that difficult. I haven't really seen anyone massively taking the piss.
    I agree, but people's perception is much different. Ice-cream vans down our street, groups of people in Barry Island outside O'Shea's (not sure if it is open or not).

I don't see people massively taking the piss, but I am seeing people moving around a lot more than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I agree, but people's perception is much different. Ice-cream vans down our street, groups of people in Barry Island outside O'Shea's (not sure if it is open or not).

I don't see people massively taking the piss, but I am seeing people moving around a lot more than they were.
    I agree, and i suppose that was always going to happen. I have no evidence to back this up, but aren't all kinds of restrictions flawed to a certain degree, and for them to be successful then the uptake needs to be around the 80% mark-especially things like this? I'm certainly not saying that those people with zero awareness are helping the situation and their actions may be slowing the recovery, but don't you think that the brain bods would allow for this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree, and i suppose that was always going to happen. I have no evidence to back this up, but aren't all kinds of restrictions flawed to a certain degree, and for them to be successful then the uptake needs to be around the 80% mark-especially things like this? I'm certainly not saying that those people with zero awareness are helping the situation and their actions may be slowing the recovery, but don't you think that the brain bods would allow for this?
    I remember reading somewhere (no links sorry, and I could be completely wrong on this), but the initial modelling on lockdown was done on the basis of 50% of the population adhering to the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (no links sorry, and I could be completely wrong on this), but the initial modelling on lockdown was done on the basis of 50% of the population adhering to the rules.
    That's very interesting if correct, and encouraging to a certain degree.