+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Re: Golf clubs reopening in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Moothing much, it was trivia because it occurred at the same moment that Gething was castigated for chipsgate. He said you should only leave home for exercise and it should be local and start and finish at home and with his next breath told everyone he'd been riding his bike to his allotment.
    seemed to be less than a thought through comment.
    Can't see any problem with Gethin eating chips and Drakeford riding his bike to the allotment, unless the allotment was miles away. I'm a Labour part member, although i'd say the same thing if it was a couple of Tories.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I object to people playing golf. The golfing fraternity are probably Tories, those that run it anyway, can't see Drakeford caving in to them if i'm honest and we don't really know why he's made that decision. In my opinion the Government aren't sure what to do, i'm convinced that Drakeford is a cautious politician who will not allow things to start up to soon even if the evidence states differently. We shall see
    I agree with that, but then i would, wouldn't I?

I agree with that, but then i would, wouldn't I?
    I don't know? What i think is that people need to chill out a bit and stop getting in a mess over this. I'm as frustrated as the next person, but i've worked out a strategy to try and keep myself as sane as possible-I bought a dog

knowing full well that the chances of their social distancing guidelines being followed or enforced at the golf clubs are practically zero.

wrong on that one TLG, played today, and the guidelines were adhered too under threat of expulsion.

International

[QUOTE=Tuerto;5077256]I don't know? What i think is that people need to chill out a bit and stop getting in a mess over this. I'm as frustrated as the next person, but i've worked out a strategy to try and keep myself as sane as possible-I bought a dog [

I wanted to but my missus wants one of those tiny things and i couldn't be seen dragging that down the road. I wanted a rescue lurcher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed. It's obvious what has happened. Boris tells the public that golf courses can reopen, but fails to mention that only applies to English golf courses. Golff Cymru approaches the Welsh government, raises objections, and the Welsh government cave in immediately.

The message from Drakeford and Co is clear:

STAY HOME. PROTECT THE NHS. SAVE LIVES. *

* (Unless you fancy a game of golf, or a really long bike ride, or a walk up a mountain, or a trip to the garden centre, or a visit to a DIY superstore, or a day on your allotment.)
    I have largely ignored all this political bollocks but what was the actual outcome of yesterday's statement from Drakeford, I heard there was going to be an announcement, that we were having a traffic light system but no actual detail of what that meant.

Did we learn anything new?

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5077260]
    I don't know? What i think is that people need to chill out a bit and stop getting in a mess over this. I'm as frustrated as the next person, but i've worked out a strategy to try and keep myself as sane as possible-I bought a dog [

I wanted to but my missus wants one of those tiny things and i couldn't be seen dragging that down the road. I wanted a rescue lurcher.
    I love Lurchers, my mates old man had two rough haired Lurchers and he'd take them out with the Ferrett, hunting rabbits. So graceful in full flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I have largely ignored all this political bollocks but what was the actual outcome of yesterday's statement from Drakeford, I heard there was going to be an announcement, that we were having a traffic light system but no actual detail of what that meant.

Amber means 'Go'

International

We can now stay at home for longer every day. we can exercise twice a day, and rubbish tips and libraries will open (Id local councils decide to) Only take exercise locally, don't drive to exercise, and it must start and finish at home. (Not at your allotment lol)
    Laterly, you can play golf, which as I said in an earlier post, is nice as I couldn't play before.

Lockdown will be enforced more rigorously

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    knowing full well that the chances of their social distancing guidelines being followed or enforced at the golf clubs are practically zero.

wrong on that one TLG, played today, and the guidelines were adhered too under threat of expulsion.
    social distancing on a golf course should be a piece of cake. Loads of space and a relatively small number of people.

social distancing on a golf course should be a piece of cake. Loads of space and a relatively small number of people.
    Exactly, people are using parks etc and they're not members only. I presume that the club shop and clubhouse are closed.

We can now stay at home for longer every day. we can exercise twice a day, and rubbish tips and libraries will open (Id local councils decide to) Only take exercise locally, don't drive to exercise, and it must start and finish at home. (Not at your allotment lol)
    Laterly, you can play golf, which as I said in an earlier post, is nice as I couldn't play before.

Lockdown will be enforced more rigorously
    Cheers. Not much difference then. Be good to get to the tip. Been building up a bunch of stuff while staying at home.

Amber means 'Go'

If someone’s coming the other way, you gotta veer 2 metres out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Sure thing. And everyone there was only playing alongside members of their own household I presume?

Zippo. Zero. Zilch.

And you've got to play on your own, unless you're playing with a member of your own household.....

And you've got to play on your own, unless you're playing with a member of your own household.....
    You can stand 2 metres away from someone taking a shot, surely? It's not like a contact sport.

I presume that the club shop and clubhouse are closed.
    The guidelines from Wales Golf are:

Q: Can professional shops, driving ranges and toilets be opened at the golf club? A: Clubs should contact their Local Trading Standards, Environmental Health Agency regarding professional shops and opening toilet facilities. It is also recommended that clubs check everything with their insurance companies.

Nice and clear then.

You can stand 2 metres away from someone taking a shot, surely? It's not like a contact sport.
    Here's the rub: you're only allowed to play with someone from your own household.

Not going to happen, is it?

The guidelines from Wales Golf are:

Q: Can professional shops, driving ranges and toilets be opened at the golf club? A: Clubs should contact their Local Trading Standards, Environmental Health Agency regarding professional shops and opening toilet facilities. It is also recommended that clubs check everything with their insurance companies.

Nice and clear then.
    I suppose they'd have to show evidence of that happening to be able to open? I suppose if there is going to be an element of normality then we're going to have to trust people. It's a very difficult decision i suppose for plenty of reasons. In my opinion i think that the state has a duty to keep people safe but not enforce Totalitarianism, even if their is a consequence, i suppose it's about minimising it, and i'm pretty certain that those decisions are made on a regular basis on all kinds of subjects when it comes to Health.

Here's the rub: you're only allowed to play with someone from your own household.

Not going to happen, is it?
    Absolutely not. Like i said. at some point we're going to have to trust people, otherwise we could have an even bigger problem on our hands.

Also I thought you werent supposed to drive to a place to exercise and changing rooms are closed. Only supposed to exercise locally. Stay at home as much as possible. A golf round for 18 holes will take 3 to 4 hours.

Anyone seen pairs of golfers from the same household with their clubs and trolleys walking to a locap course.

Of course you can keep social distancing playing golf but it looks as though a special case has been made here.

With old farts hitting balls for the first time in ages Stay Alert is more apt for the Welsh Golf Courses.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If someone’s coming the other way, you gotta veer 2 metres out of the way
    I thought amber means stop. Red and amber means prepare to go.

What is the CV rule for handling the flag pole ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    What is the CV rule for handling the flag pole ?
    You dont touch the flag.